1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 14.1 for ZTE ZMAX PRO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by armandop_, Sep 9, 2018.

1. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

I'm having the opposite experience from you.

Overnight I may lose about 4% battery on wifi. If I connect to my carrier data instead of wifi, I'll lose a little more. Battery for me has been better than stock.

As for camera, it was better on stock, but I'm able to take pictures, selfies, and videos without issue using footej camera.

amandaandgene52 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lbow

lbow Lurker

Hmm. That's strange that I'd have the opposite experience on the same device. The only other factor that is specific to me and I didn't mention it before because it's probably not related to this mod is that my network has been turning off and then back on every minute or so. In my status bar my signal will disappear and say Emergency calls only for a few seconds before turning back on. This didn't occur on stock.

3. GameTheory

^ Updated to v3.1
    • Added an animated widget (button flicks up/down).
    • New light blue theme.

#78 GameTheory, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. jimomma

jimomma Lurker

Thanks for your hard work! I flashed it without incident. I then flashed Magisk 18.1, Nanodroid, etc.

Working great. I'll report back with my battery results. Thanks!

**Follow up**

No problem with battery for me. It's doing great. Only thing busted is the wifi hotspot. I haven't tried to get it working because I'm in the process of moving 2 hours away.

Thanks again!

#79 jimomma, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  5. I flashed a pie ROM coming from marshmallow and now I can't flash lineage 14 getting bootloops...

6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Where did you get such Pie ROM and EXACTLY which one..??

7. The RR build on androidfilehost by the armandop_

8. jimomma

jimomma Lurker

I really like using this ROM with NanoDroid. Only problem for me is that tethering doesn't work stock (wifi or usb) and even though I could get it working with outside apps the connection is spotty and slow.

I had to switch back to Discorded.

9. TecnoDom

TecnoDom Newbie

I can not play the audios of whatsapp. Has anyone had the same problem?

10. GameTheory

Go into the Magisk app and install a module called "Audio Compatibility Patch". That will fix it .

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. TecnoDom

TecnoDom Newbie

Yeeeah that fixed up, thanku!!!!

ocnbrze and GameTheory like this.
  12. Booju

Booju Lurker

Can anyone tell me how to even root this phone or install twrp please I have been reading and haven't seen anything that shows details on how to thanks

13. Booju

Booju Lurker

Or how to unlock the bootloader

14. Paradox55

Paradox55 Lurker

It's in the OP. The zip includes instructions and it installs TWRP as part of the root process.

You should consider Orange Fox once TWRP is installed.

bcrichster and ocnbrze like this.
  15. Booju

Booju Lurker

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it but what's the OP can u send me link or info about this thanks

16. grick

grick Newbie

17. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

ocnbrze likes this.
  18. Booju

Booju Lurker

19. xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx Member

Can someone send me an invite to the discord please, most links I find are dead

20. GuDriver

GuDriver Lurker

Hello guys,
    I have followed the instructions of how to root and install TWRP on my ZTE Zmax Pro and I have successfully done so. Then I installed the Lineage 14 ROM. I am unable to find any information regarding my issue. The sensors stopped working and they are not detected by neither Sensor Box nor Phone Tester (please see the attachments). Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your time.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that I have factory reset, clean cash, dalvic, data, flashed stock ROM still no go. My screen does not rotate and no compass.

Attached Files:

#96 GuDriver, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  21. GuDriver

GuDriver Lurker

I have re-flashed the stock ROM and this time it worked. Too sad I cannot use the Lineage 14 ROM because of sensor issues.

22. RamoTheMan

RamoTheMan Newbie

Could you please elaborate regarding how to install? Viper4android? I tried it through Magisk on the legacy version, and every single time it tried to install the driver through the app it gives me an error. The driver is not enabled so it won't work. How do I fix this?

23. GameTheory

I moved on from this device, so I don't remember much.

All I know is I installed Viper4Android FX(not legacy) through the magisk app. I also installed the audio compatibility patch module because I wasn't getting sound for some apps like whatsapp voice messages.
    https://github.com/JohnFawkes/Audio-Compatibility-Patch

You don't need the audio compatibility patch in the latest version of Viper4Android FX.

Here's the official place to get modules. Some developers host their modules in their own github account.
    https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo

This is all I remember.

24. RamoTheMan

RamoTheMan Newbie

Well, I installed the Viper4androidFX(not legacy) application, and it prompted me to install drivers and then reboot the phone. I then went into the Viper app, and it states that the driver is not enabled. I am in utter confusion and I would appreciate your help, even with your small memory, regarding this phone. What must I do to enable the driver? Anyone may respond.

ZTE Zmax Pro Forum

The ZTE Zmax Pro release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews