1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ROM Update Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bn09t2m, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

I bought my hero on the day of release in the UK. Ive been having speed issues since the day i bought it. to try and resolve these issues ive been trying unsuccessfully to install the rom update for months!! i followed the instructions given but have had no joy!

i downloaded and installed htc syn onto my PC and then downloaded the ROM .exe file. then i try to click on the .exe file to launch it, however i then get a run time error message that says the program will now terminate! :thinking:

Is there something im doing wrong here or has anyone else had any similar issues? HTC say that its not a problem at their end and to get in touch with microsoft, but they want me to pay them to talk to them so im trying to avoid that if necessary.

cheers, tom

2. myHTChero

myHTChero Newbie

Why you install the "black" firmware? now you must do recoil to the version!

3. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

sorry i dont understand, could you elaborate a little i didnt install black firmware i dont think :S

4. lekky

lekky Lover

Delete the exe and download again to make sure it wasnt corrupted. What version of Windows do you use?

5. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

Tried that didn't work, its really frustrating lol

6. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

You didn't answer lekkys question.

7. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

Oh yeah sorry, vista home premium

8. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

ok cool thanks ill try one of those, any tips on which of the english ones is the latest one from htc? im on vodafone too btw

9. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

2.73.405.5 is the update released by HTC back in September and available from their UK support website, but 2.73.405.66 is the most recent revision (source unknown). Six of one.... I'd go with .66 myself.

10. bn09t2m

bn09t2m Newbie

thanks, using the link rizzla gave me i was able to update my rom! :) now just waiting for 2.1

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews