• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero_2.73.405.5 on UK site NOW

Has anyone in the US upgraded this, yet?

Yes, I have. My Hero is imported from UK so I downloaded file from the UK page. The process took a little longer than I thought but everything went smoothly (having to reconfigure your email accounts, facebook, tweeter, and all minor customized settings AND re-installing all apps from the market that I had purchased it's a pain though (but I have to say it's a smart Market, it remembers what you purchased so no need to repay for stuff you already paid for) , but a very small price considering the benefit of updating.

All I have to say is: finally!!! :)

Upvote 0
Looks like i'll be on the phone to Orange then, this is ridiculous!

This is what o wrote over a week ago, just root it, it is easy.

"As soon as I found out that I wasn't just waiting for HTC to release the update, but then I had to wait for Orange to pass their version on I took the plunge.

I only rely on Orange when I am prepared to be let down."

Upvote 0
I have an Orange branded Hero and decided just to install the Modaco Custom firmware based on this release. Very simple install process and increases handset usability ten fold. When Orange finally get around to releasing the branded version you can simply 'update' to the official version once more.

Good advice... That's what I'd do if I was on T-Mobile or Orange ;)

Had exactly the same problem with N95 firmware updates - luckily there are apps out there to change the codes that restrict the Firmware installs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones