for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred).
Before we get started i do want to thank MyCats for requesting this port to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and for his source code, without his source code this build would be impossible to make be sure to thank him as well! and all his source code links are at the bottom of this thread!
Let's talk about features most people love having an OS that is fast, lite and makes gaming alot easier without loss of battery life and throttling!
* Dedicated FM Radio Service (Listen to any radio station world wide on the go).
* Block those pesky ads away with AdAway
* LineageOS 16.0 su binary auto installs when you flash the OS so you can start using your root apps immediately.
* View your PDF files on the go with google's new PDF viewer.
* Get access to instant rewards with Google Rewards Opinions app and earn free play store credit by answering google surveys.
* Built for gaming and daily tasks without slowing down.
* Old Style browser with develop[er settings for devs who want to debug their websites!
and much more.
Not sure i personally don't own the device so it's reliant on the community to report them!
* Ensure you have an unlocked bootloader
* Ensure your device(s) custom recovery supports flashing ROM(s) LineageOS 16.0+ otherwise you will receive an install error (we recommend using TWRP to flash this OS but is optional).
* If your device supports encryption or is encrypted such as what you see in the nexus 6 where you have to decrypt the nexus 6 in order to boot Android Pie then you should do that 1st before continuing, but if your device isn't encrypted or supports device encryption witch is on by default by the manufacture then you don't have to worry about this part of the notice board this is just to explain if this device has the encryption feature!
* Ensure your system radio, bootloader etc is fully up-to-date before installing to get the best connectivity with ctOS(R)Network Severs and cellular connectivity!
DAMAGES NOTICE: as a developer sometimes in development things go not as planned so ensure you backup your data, as "Cyberdev" is not responsible of any kind of damages occur during the installation or use of this OS, DO NOT REPORT BUGS if you altered the OS in a way where we haven't implemented ourselves. We will ignore and not fix your problem.
GAPPS Notice: Gapps do not affect the the system applications built in GamerROM Eclipse, however we HIGHLY RECOMMEND you not to install gapps beyond the "Full" packages as it will either create duplicate apps or remove important apps this also counts as modifying the OS beyond what we implemented and the full package will not remove any current apps built-in!
OS Released on date: 05/20/2019
Thanks to MyCats for the source code view below his source code below:
MyCats Device Tree: https://github.com/MyCats/android_device_xiaomi_whyred
MyCats Kernel SRC: https://github.com/GuaiYiHu/android_kernel_xiaomi_whyred
MyCats Vendor SRC: https://github.com/GuaiYiHu/android_vendor_xiaomi_whyred
Last edited by a moderator: