• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V0.2 | LG Ally | Big Release | Fast | Android 2.1 | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on the rom, thank you very much.

I really like the LG alarm and wanted it back. Something that I use on a daily basis. I grabed the .apk file from another rom and tried to install it through astro and it just said application not installed. So then I tried to install it through adb and I get an error: Install Parse Failed No Certificates. Can you help me out? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to sign it.

Upvote 0
I am having a problem here. Got the original velocity installed fine (0.1) I am currently running 0.1.1 aloha, but now when i try to install 0.2 i cant get into recovery. If I reboot through rommanager it just hangs at the lg screen. If I intall the file to sd card then hold down send menu pwr to reboot inot recovery it again hangs at the lg screen. Ive let it sit 10 mins but no action so i have to battery pull then repower on to get the phone working

Upvote 0
Nice job on the rom, thank you very much.

I really like the LG alarm and wanted it back. Something that I use on a daily basis. I grabed the .apk file from another rom and tried to install it through astro and it just said application not installed. So then I tried to install it through adb and I get an error: Install Parse Failed No Certificates. Can you help me out? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to sign it.

I liked it too and was somewhat upset when it wasn't there but Weather Widgets (yn.no) app by Thomware, available in the apps store, is a simple time and weather widget that can still access the stock alarm function from the widget itself. Also the Clock app in the Apps Drawer can also get you into the alarm clock functions. I just noticed that. I see you've got it now but maybe someone not as skilled can benefit from this.

Upvote 0
I am having a problem here. Got the original velocity installed fine (0.1) I am currently running 0.1.1 aloha, but now when i try to install 0.2 i cant get into recovery. If I reboot through rommanager it just hangs at the lg screen. If I intall the file to sd card then hold down send menu pwr to reboot inot recovery it again hangs at the lg screen. Ive let it sit 10 mins but no action so i have to battery pull then repower on to get the phone working

I had the same thing happen and what I did was freak out! I just couldn't believe that I did something wrong or that I bricked my phone. i couldn't even remember how to get in to the recovery menu! I pulled the battery and then pressed call, menu, and end buttons at the same time. This enabled me to get into recovery boot. After that I was able to recover to the stock rom (always make a back-up, mine's on a separate sd card), copied the V0.2 to my sd card, went into Rom Manager, reflashed Clockwork Recovery Mod and selected "reboot into Recovery". Once it did I went through and wiped everything, data/facory reset, cache partition, went into advanced and wiped dalvik cache, hell i even wiped the battery stats (just for good measure)! once done I selected reboot recovery, again for good measure, and chose "install zip from sdcard". "Choose zip from sdcard" and selected "velocity_0.2_release.zip". After it installed everything was A-OK!!! I love this rom!!! I think where I screwed up was by trying to do just the Rom Manager install rather than from the recovery menu, mostly because I think it doesn't clear all the data and caches, specifically the dalvik cache, properly. I hope this helps you out because this rom is "awesomazing"!! All I ask is that when you get it up and going toss Trident a bone for all his hard work! Donated today myself, hope it helps with V0.3...?

Upvote 0
I had the same thing happen and what I did was freak out! I just couldn't believe that I did something wrong or that I bricked my phone. i couldn't even remember how to get in to the recovery menu! I pulled the battery and then pressed call, menu, and end buttons at the same time. This enabled me to get into recovery boot. After that I was able to recover to the stock rom (always make a back-up, mine's on a separate sd card), copied the V0.2 to my sd card, went into Rom Manager, reflashed Clockwork Recovery Mod and selected "reboot into Recovery". Once it did I went through and wiped everything, data/facory reset, cache partition, went into advanced and wiped dalvik cache, hell i even wiped the battery stats (just for good measure)! once done I selected reboot recovery, again for good measure, and chose "install zip from sdcard". "Choose zip from sdcard" and selected "velocity_0.2_release.zip". After it installed everything was A-OK!!! I love this rom!!! I think where I screwed up was by trying to do just the Rom Manager install rather than from the recovery menu, mostly because I think it doesn't clear all the data and caches, specifically the dalvik cache, properly. I hope this helps you out because this rom is "awesomazing"!! All I ask is that when you get it up and going toss Trident a bone for all his hard work! Donated today myself, hope it helps with V0.3...?
Oh, believe me, it will! :D

Thanks soo much for your contribution!

:)
Hey Trident, recently this rom started becoming reallly slow on my phone. I don't get any Force Close errors, but its been lagging pretty bad. What do you suggest?

Umm.. that's odd. I'd reflash it.

Upvote 0
I have to say that this is a great rom. Never before have I had such responsiveness on my phone. That being said, there are a couple of bugs I have noticed, both of them really minor. The first one I noticed is when the music player app is going, I can't read the artist or song name when I pull down the status bar. The other thing is the battery indicator seems to be stuck at 60 percent. It may just be a glitch, I will see after my phone gets plugged in and charges a bit.

All in all though it is damn amazing, and I have no real problems with anything. Thanks for the hard work on a great rom :)

Upvote 0

I'm somewhat confused by this 2.1 update. I saw this and maybe I'm just clueless but I have no idea what this time table is supposed to convey:

"SW update start date: 9/17
Schedule: Day 1 - 10K, Day 2 - soak, Day 3 - hold due to weekend, Day 4 - 100K, Day 5 - 400-500K (remaining)
So by the schedule above, all Ally

Upvote 0
I liked it too and was somewhat upset when it wasn't there but Weather Widgets (yn.no) app by Thomware, available in the apps store, is a simple time and weather widget that can still access the stock alarm function from the widget itself. Also the Clock app in the Apps Drawer can also get you into the alarm clock functions. I just noticed that. I see you've got it now but maybe someone not as skilled can benefit from this.

Sorry, I just read this. Didn't know if you wanted a copy or anyone else for that mater. This is a copy of the LG Alarm widget. Put it on your sd card and use astro to find it and install it. You may have to enable 'unknown sources' in applications settings to get it to install.

Attachments

• DigitalAlarmWidget.apk
    61.6 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: fltblkvic
Upvote 0
I have to say that this is a great rom. Never before have I had such responsiveness on my phone. That being said, there are a couple of bugs I have noticed, both of them really minor. The first one I noticed is when the music player app is going, I can't read the artist or song name when I pull down the status bar. The other thing is the battery indicator seems to be stuck at 60 percent. It may just be a glitch, I will see after my phone gets plugged in and charges a bit.

All in all though it is damn amazing, and I have no real problems with anything. Thanks for the hard work on a great rom :)

This will be fixed in Velocity 0.3, sorry, i forgot to add an xml update to the theme and we wanted to release 0.2 asap.

Also, Be Prepared for uber awesomenessness with 0.3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones