• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Velocity V0.3 | LG Ally | Fast | VZB | Android 2.1 | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I was reading all these.
So after downloading I will start installation, then I will loose all my staff (picture, doc)on SD? App? Pre-installed App?. I would like to keep weather, skype, alarm clock.
What is benefit of this application. I'm really very green in this. Only thing I want is keep app on SD card in order to have more of them.
Thanks

Upvote 0
No offense to RedFury but I was REALLY not feeling the theme this time around. I found the notification icons hard to read in terms of if I had service or not and made a theme.

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/193809-metamorph-ffffff-velocity-0-3-a.html

Fm6l7.png

Z5q7t.png

Follow the instructions, and make sure usb debugging is enabled.

Ok stupid question how are yall taking these great screen shots of your phone?

Upvote 0
ok so when i try to boot into recovery to flash v .3 my phone gets stuck at the lg scree, but when i try and just regular boot, it goes right to the phone. any ideas?
Do you have Rom Manager installed? If not get it. Then flash (or reflash, if you already have Rom Manager) Clockwork Recovery Mod From the main menu in Rom Manager.

Upvote 0
Hi!

First off, Velocity and that GNM Turbo 4 thingie did wonders for performance, so thank you for that!

One thing though, and I'm not sure whether it was caused by Velocity or whether it's just a problem with my phone:

Every time I try to upload a picture to Picasa (from the Gallery, or from JustPictures), I get the "add a new Google account" screen. I can go through it successfully, but doing so just brings me back to the gallery, and the problem persists.

Am I missing something I should be doing?

Upvote 0
May be stupid question, but if I re-flash ROM, do I also need to re-flash -Baseband Version VS740MVB.5210.1015: (new radio.img)?

Not a dumb question, I was wondering the same thing. Another question I have is if you have to partition your card before you install Velocity 0.3, then what happens if you buy a new card? Gotta flash it again? That seems a little... extreme, weird, strange, unusual... not sure what word to use. Can someone please explain why this is necessary?

Upvote 0
As far as a new card goes, I would imagine you just partition the new card, pop it in, and go. Not sure why you'd need to re-flash ROM for a new card.

I would imagine you would need to re-flash flash the rom after partioning the new sdcard because all your apps are on the old sdcard. So if you have a new sdcard with a old rom you wont have any of your downloaded apps. Not sure if you can transfer them and they would work either.

Upvote 0
Sorry...Newbie question:

Before I flash this MOD I have a question: Will I still be able to set up and use my 2 microsoft exchange corporate accounts with this V.03? I use my phone for work and want to make sure that this will still be possble after flashing the ROM.
I have a corporate account as well using Microsoft exchange and I don't have any problems at all. I would recommend writing down all the setting for them first since it can be a pain to re-input your account data but it should be good!

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0
Ok so here's something. Battery life with this ROM is extended dramatically. I was out of state for a couple of days and wasn't charging my phone like usual (I plug it in every night and unplug it in the morning) and it still was reading 80% after almost 2 days of typical use!! It used to be at about 40% at the end of the day before I ever installed anything, basically bone stock. I must say though, DAMN!! Great Rom Trident, keep up the great work!!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone... new to the Ally but not android... so far im loving this device and this rom.... heres my problem though... Im downloading some of the lg apps in the post cause i want the messaging widget, socialite widget, and calendar... I download and try to install and all of them except the socialite apk keep giving me application not installed.... I tried pushing through adb but i cant seem to get it right maybe im doing it wrong... any help is greatly appreciated..

Upvote 0
Made a donation. Thanks!
Thank you! :D
Everytime I try to reboot into recovery I'm stuck at a blue 'fastboot' screen. Help?
Reflash your recovery.
Ok so here's something. Battery life with this ROM is extended dramatically. I was out of state for a couple of days and wasn't charging my phone like usual (I plug it in every night and unplug it in the morning) and it still was reading 80% after almost 2 days of typical use!! It used to be at about 40% at the end of the day before I ever installed anything, basically bone stock. I must say though, DAMN!! Great Rom Trident, keep up the great work!!
Thanks! :)
Still haven't gotten a response to my inquiry on page 1 but I'll post it again as I just reflashed the ROM for the 3rd time and my phone is still SW Version V8.

I, of course, wiped both sets of caches and my data before installing. This is the 3rd time it has been v8.
This is because this ROM was not applied via OTA with the stock recovery, therefore it was unable to update the module that controls that section in the about phone. The ROM is based on VZB, I promise.
Has anyone noticed that screen proximity sensor is not working in .3?

Just noticed it myself, not a huge deal just wondering if its my Ally or the ROM.
Works for me..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones