• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

[Legionnaire];3778245 said:
Build 7.2 is online
  • 160 MB GPU (This should stop browser fc's)
  • New kernel (Ideally should be used with a 352 MB swap partition)
  • New WiFi drivers
  • Increase framebuffers to 8 MB each 720P HDMI output
  • Video playback grainy set to 32bit depth
  • Disabled allow nvmap to use system memory and reclaim iovmm which gives a slight performance boost
  • Keyboard power button debounce interval set to 50
  • Boot issue fixed
  • Some apps have been removed (OS Monitor, Terminal, ViewCOMB Screen)
  • System partition size: 160 MB

hi..thank for the 7.2 rom..but for 10s 3g, 3g function still cannot use..at starting when put simcard..its detected 3g/Highspeed..but after 1min...it dissapear..and it said no internet connextion at the bar...is there any update/software to make 3g function?

Upvote 0
Found the 7.2 Rom, going to install in a bit

Installed 7.2 and no more "starting fastboot" and USB debugging is on :)
Netflix app still doesnt work (the loading screen just sits there and i left if for like 20 mins) When i log in through a browser it says i need silverlight but its a .dmg file which is for MAC. You can download a silverlight app but they want like 6 bucks for it :mad: Anyone know of a workaround for this? Also i would like to make a nandroid backup so if i do have to reflash the ROM i dont have to start ALLL over with installing apps and getting everything set up how i want. Any help on using clockwork mod with the ROM to do this, and then how to install the backup. I have an SD card so im good there. Im currently doing some research on how to do this but not having much luck. Sorry i have been such a pain the last couple days just trying to get this bad boy all set up to i dont have to do any more tinkering. Until the next ROM comes out lol. Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction here.

Upvote 0
It was recommend by another poster to re-post my questions about CWM here. Here it is

So when i click on reboot into recovery is the screen supposed to go blank? Thats what my tab does every time. If so do i then just hit or press and hold the power button to get into CWM? This poor tablet. It should just be taken away from me I think my new nickname should be "The Tinkering Train-wreck" or am i supposed to flash clock work mod before i reboot into recovery each time? Yeah im back to where i was starting over lol I press the power button and a white/greyish screen pops up for a second then goes away and i know theres no button combination for these tabs to load CWM so i have to flash ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.2 again. What on God's Green Earth am i doing wrong here. This time i installed Titanium backup and was using that in conjunction so maybe it wont be so painful this time. Maybe i should just use the scheduled backup in ROM Manager lol. Well if anything i sure purchased the right tablet as far as soft bricking/un-bricking goes.

Is there any difference in the backup current ROM option (which i think i need "koush bootstrap", which i cannot find anywhere besides the market (i cannot afford the 2 bucks ;) ) and i wouldnt know where to place the file if i did have it) and doing a backup through CWM? Sorry again ladies and gentlemen for being such a pain in the A$$ here and appreciate any time and knowledge you can lend a Noob with a capital N like myself.

Upvote 0
great build, found your build through a google search and tried version 7.1 but had that fastboot problem, but 7.2 seems rock solid, heck i created this account just to say thanks.... so a big thanks for a great rom

p.s. is it possible to offer power management options as part n parcel of the build? just curious.....

Upvote 0
Hi [Legionnaire],
Thank you for your awesome work the 7.2 build seems quite good though I have a very strange problem with it - the input interface (the touch screen) is performing very bad, sometimes it recognizes the touch or slide but sometimes not and typing on the keyboard is almost impossible.
I tried calibrating but without any success.
Did you or someone else experience the same behavior?
Thanks in advance :)
Best regards,

Upvote 0
Hi alligator1. I guess I'm having some problems similar to yours. I means, worse than yours !

7.2 was working perfectly, installed it as soon as I got the tablet out of the box, that is 2 weeks ago.

I had not been using it for a few days and this evening, I was browsing the Android market when suddenly, the touch screen stopped working. I figured it was just a temporary bug and I tried to reset the device. I hard to hard reset since the touch screen wasn't working. But that was the beginning of the end...

After the reboot, I could not unlock the screen anymore, the input still wasn't working.

Tried to flash again with 7.2. After booting, I'm prompted with the "Superuser request" popup, but of course, I cannot select "accept" or "deny".

However, the status bar accepts inputs ! The back button, the hide status bar button or usb icon can be clicked and the events are registered. Except, the rest of the screen is not working anymore.

So I'm fkin stucked, unable to flash with the original ROM. When I try to enter recovery mode (back and power button pressing), nothing happens. And whether the device is on or off, when I try to execute the original ROM .exe file, I get the message "USB device not found"...

By the way, great job you did here [Legionnaire] ;)

Upvote 0
hi guys ...
first of all thanks for the honeycomb release ...
i allready install in to my 10s tablet and work just fine ...

<<<<one problem only ... and one question ...
first i cant see any usb drive ... i can't see it at all ... i try via astro or via other software ... nothing ... any help about that ?>>>>>
sorry i allready find this ... :D

and second question ...
does any one now if i can use any usb or bluetouth - gps device to my 10s tablet ?!

thanks again for the downloads and for descriptions ...
hope have news soon ...

respect ...

Upvote 0
Thank you for all your hard work.
I am using build 7.2 and facing some issues with Bluetooth.

On the original OS (Android 2.2) the Bluetooth on the device was connecting to my Audio system and working in the whole range of the house.

With the build 7.2 the Bluetooth connects but is only working in a range of 1 to 1.5 meters. there is also a slight lag in the audio.
Perhaps the drivers can be updated.

If this will be solved in a future release it would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks so much!!! Fine quality build. I am really looking forward to seeing a fix for the wifi disconnect on sleep, and also to get Netflix up and running. Once again thank you and I'll be watching close for a new release. Btw. Any chance you are looking at getting it to recognize the card reader on square? Right now, it is not recognizing it.

Also, I just started having screen touch response issues, and the keyboard is typing multiple letters as though it is very sensitive or something.

- wifi disconnect on deep sleep
- apparent issue with touch screen. Very unresponsive at times for no reason, but mouse woks great
- market updated to play. Getting f.c. upon opening.
- occasionally getting crash to restart while displaying through HDMI.

Upvote 0
Running 7.2 a few issues some maybe with apps themselves.
Bluetooth lets me sends files to other devices like my Galaxy S but it won't receive files sent to it.
It doesn't ask for conformation or show anything but the sending device says that viewpad rejected it.

Also can't get the latest version of Facebook for android (V1.8.4)to run, just sits there loading. It will load V1.7.1 though. My favourite browser Miren won't run properly keeps crashing same with Maxthon mobile browser.
I did have problems with the Market or should I say Play but that seems to have settled down.Google maps crashes the tablet putting it into soft reboot as soon as it has loaded.
Sort these issues out and it will be excellent.

Correction the preinstalled version of Maps runs fine, it's only after the update from the market that it crashes the tablet.

Barney

Upvote 0
Hi,

Does anyone know how to install this onto a vpad10 (win7 dual boot). If i open windows on the machine I can browse the android partition but when I run the exe file, I get the error message saying ot cant cant the usb device.

Anyone found a work around for this as the usb cable method doesnt seem to work on these.

Upvote 0
I got my viewpad10s model vs14006 (wifi).. Android Version :3.2, Buildnumber:7.2
It have error
"Error downlaoding "Google Play"
Update for "Google Play" could not be download due to an error. (941)
can anyone tell me what is wrong or what should i do?

Can this device be install with WhatsApp? If yes how to go about it?

Please help thank you.

Upvote 0
[ROM] JellyPad (JellyBean for ViewPad 10s)

ROM-JellyPad-HomeScreen.jpg

More here.

Reactions: ben789
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones