• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] viper_v1

gta

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2011
Earth.
tohey guys ive released my ROM ........ Hope you will like it !

link -> Viper_v1

IM not responsible for dead sd cards.... bricked phone etc........

FEATURES
Rooted ... bla bla bla ..... (all standard things)
removed touchwiz (it sucked a lot ) -- added zeam launcher....:D
bravia hack
custom framework...
removed all apps just nessary apps included.
& flash IS WORKING...
i hope battery lyf is good indeed ... (ive not tested it).
megascript (thanx varun)
added new cool settings icons ( thanx akshay.bz)

CREDITS- samroxx144 , varun.chitre15 , akshay.bz

& p.s- if u dont like my work dont do bad comments..... it hurts ...:mad:

to install this ROM properly you need to make a new .zip file & extract the contents of my rom file to that .zip file & rename it as update.zip
& u need to replace updater-script file it the META-INF/COM/GOOGLE/ANDROID folder..
hers the link for updater-script ->
updater-script

Reactions: monu92
No don't do that.
Open the rar if there is another zip in it then extract it and if no then tell us which files are there in it.
there was no zip in it after opening the rar :

1. I renamed .rar to .zip then i was able to see its file:
folders( data, meta inf, system),boot.img, files(check data apps, install busy box, move cache sd)

i decompressed it and recompressed to .zip , tried to install , installation aborted error status 6..
i renamed to update.zip and placed in root of memory card. chose apply sdcard update.zip option in recovery. again installation aborted.

Upvote 0
finally aaaaahhhhh.... it worked.. and its great!!!
best visual appearnce among present roms. rom is fast. touch working smooth!
big error: wifi not working
mistake: file manager absent. so could not install apps and tell you real review of this rom.
flash: flashplayer came installed. but could not tell wheater working or not. beacause i have wifi only. not gprs or 3g.

sam, varun, sunil, gta, gautam plz help to solve wifi. it looked good rom. plz do favour..

Upvote 0
finally aaaaahhhhh.... it worked.. and its great!!!
best visual appearnce among present roms. rom is fast. touch working smooth!
big error: wifi not working
mistake: file manager absent. so could not install apps and tell you real review of this rom.
flash: flashplayer came installed. but could not tell wheater working or not. beacause i have wifi only. not gprs or 3g.

sam, varun, sunil, gta, gautam plz help to solve wifi. it looked good rom. plz do favour..

Put screenshots..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones