• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Rom) Virant1 Flashable .zip

BH_MAN

Android Expert
Feb 17, 2010
Vibrant1

Vibrant1 Donwload > Vibrant1.zip
*Change Log*
~ Bloatware Removed
~ Adb push / Pull working ( Needs fixed on a few Folders )
~ Market Now show Download ( Not TMobile )
~ ADB Debugging Turned on by Default
~ Aurora LWP added
~ Magic Smoke LWP Added
~ Updated Maps
~ Updated Market
~ Busybox with working symlinks
~ Root
~ Launcher IPhone Look Removed​

** Issue's**​
To Fix GPS to Get a Lock, Turn on Wireless Locations & Start Map's to get the Correct gps Settings & let run for a few Minutes.... Do this for any application as needed!​

***Installing***​
boot into recovery, apply update.zip ( ClockworkMod Recovery )..
1. Select Partition Menu
2. Format System
3. Back to main menu & Wipe data / Factory Reset
4. Install Vibrant1.zip
5. Reboot​

Please Enjoy,
~Eugene

Reactions: ardchoille and spiz
Ahh, have I mentioned that I'm so glad you'll be working on the Vibrant? :D

Quick couple of questions...

1. Obviously this will run faster than stock Vibrant 2.1, but which launcher did you go with in replacing TouchWiz?

2. Assuming we flash this, would we need to flash back to stock when the time comes for the official 2.2 release? (Assuming you don't release it first)

Thanks Eugene... your work is always appreciated by the Android community! Any chance you could post a screen shot or two of what your screen looks like? ;)

Upvote 0
heres sum screen shots of it:

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 191
  • screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 181
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
So essentially, this is just a faster, bloatware-less version of TouchWiz with some tweaks?

Does it noticeably run faster than stock? If so, I'll probably be checking it out tonight.

Also, BH_MAN mentioned that the iPhone looking launcher was removed. That looks the same in your screen shots. What does that mean?

Upvote 0
Edited this question as well since I just completed this!

Thanks so much Eugene! This is indeed really fast and lag free, and the best part about this so far is that my GPS is actually spot on. It isn't using as many satellites as I'd like, but the accuracy is less than 20 feet which works for me!

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
No I saw it last night tho while trying to change my kernel to JAC's of kernel... but I am probly gonna download 4 soon I just need to know if I need to flash the true stock rom via Odin before flashing vibrant 4.. cuz Odin is way to complicated

Yeah I was going to ask you the same thing. It says we need to do it from stock, but I would think he'd make it possible to flash from Vibrant1 to Vibrant4. Maybe he'll come on here and clarify for us. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones