1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM] VirusROM InfectioN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Ed, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Advertisement

frenchy714, akazabam and JB in AZ like this.
  2. Mr. Ed

And for the record....pandora works....no tweaks needed ;p

edit...skips in low/issue network areas though the sound quality is great.
    disabling stage fright :)

ExSaint likes this.
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

After looking at his site, the white background here is very much appreciated! LOL

Thanks for the info, Mr. Ed. It's always nice to hear about new options for our EVOs. :)

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I might just have to give this a try. I've been getting great battery life even with a 3.70 based ROM and the latest radios/pri, which does seem to go against the trend, but my comparison to when I had 3.29 is probably biased due to a lot of other things I do differently now. I might downgrade my radios and try this out, but keep everything else the same. Thanks for the heads up.

5. Mr. Ed

I have moved on to his mytouch4g port. It's awesome...and the video codes are better. This.guy really is good. One of the things I love most is the package. When flashing truly wipes everything twice..then flashes the clean Rom install. Battery life on both roms is soso but I am also using gps heavily tracking cell towers right now.

6. autorail1

autorail1 Android Enthusiast

WOW!!!!! Super Nice. Thanks.

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so if i flash this with the down graded radios and i want to go back to a different rom, do i need to upgrade my radios? will the downgraded radios work with my nandroid backups?

8. autorail1

autorail1 Android Enthusiast

It appears you do after trying it out myself.

9. Mr. Ed

radios are rom specific..they need to match what the rom was designed for. that touch port was nice but a little quirkie. recorded sound via camcorder was absolutely amazing compared to the evo camcorder.

if you need radio zips let me know. i have a link to all of them somewhere

for the record I am back on infection rc1. going to try rc1.1 soon. I do believe it is based on 3.70

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. Pimpcasso

Pimpcasso Lurker

This rom is nasty, but I dont have a 4G option:mad:

11. Mr. Ed

On infection? It has 4g or are you using the mytouch port????

12. Pimpcasso

Pimpcasso Lurker

13. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

flashed this rom last night totally loved it. everything worked except when i pluged it in to charge it kept rebooting. so i went back to another rom and the rebooting stopped. i'm gonna play around with it later on today but just wanted to see if this happened to anyone else.

14. Mr. Ed

Interesting...had no issues like that. Are you using setcpu with a charging/full profile?

15. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Hey Mr. Ed, Virus Infection 1.1 is based off 3.70 build, right? You'd have to update the radio's as well I'm assuming....Have you tried 1.1? What do you think? I've been using RC1 and it's the sh*t! My battery isn't the greatest w/ it and my phone isn't sleeping like it should be. Thinking about trying 1.1, what were your experiences with it?

Also, I tried going to InfectedRom.com and it was a no go.....Is the Dev's site still up?

16. Ecktore

Ecktore Member

It's actually based on 3.29

17. frenchy714

I'm currently running Infection RC1 and I know *that* is based on the 3.29 build, but I've heard that Infection 1.1 is supposed to be based off the 3.70 build. Are you telling me that that's not the case?

18. Ecktore

Ecktore Member

My mistake. I didn't realize you were on 1.1. my brain is in a funk today.

Carry on.

19. frenchy714

No worries. I'm not actually on 1.1, I'm on RC1 which *is* based off the 3.29 build. My battery has been so so w/ this ROM so I was thinking of trying 1.1 which is based off the 3.70 build if I'm not mistaken. I was trying to get confirmation of that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer on his site.

Tags: