• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][VS870] Xperion ROM *Updated 11/2/2014*

Upvote 0
Has anyome found the solution to the problem of why lg lucid vs870 does not boot into clockworkmod recovery after flashing android? The version created from playfulgod?

I have been editing system files and I just want to feel secure to have back up even though I have made a back up.

What worked for me was to push the home button during the boot animation. After you apply the recovery and reboot, as soon as the capacitative buttons light up (should be during the second LG logo) tap the home button. Might have to double tap it, it can be finicky. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
@treedaynotice
I did what you mentioned and it 'almost' worked. I actually got to see the clockworkmod recovery image for like 0.4 seconds and it disappeared. Then after the image disappeared my entire phone reformatted from the beginning so I had to get everything I had back. Luckily I saved everything to my SDCard.

All I did was apply recovery and rebooted, I never expected a factory reset.

Upvote 0
@treedaynotice
I did what you mentioned and it 'almost' worked. I actually got to see the clockworkmod recovery image for like 0.4 seconds and it disappeared. Then after the image disappeared my entire phone reformatted from the beginning so I had to get everything I had back. Luckily I saved everything to my SDCard.

All I did was apply recovery and rebooted, I never expected a factory reset.

Strangely enough that exact same thing happened to me today too... Sorry about that... I think the end all of it is just that this phone sucks and without dev support questions like this may never get answered...

Sorry again, if it is any consolation when it happened to me, I DIDN'T have anything backed up or saved to my SD card lol so I had to start from scratch this afternoon... Fate, it would seem, is not without a sense of irony :)

Upvote 0
I had issues getting back into CWM after installing Lucidian and now GT says "oh, just rock the volume button really fast until it works." It does, kinda, but when I finally DO get into it, I tried making a backup and it factory reset my phone. So I figured, "oh I messed something up," No, something else is effed up because the next time I got ballsy I did it again. Booted into CWM recovery, forgot what I needed to do so I simply restarted my phone and it STILL factory reset my phone. I finally gave up, took Android Forums off my phone and stopped coming here because Im done with the Lucid 2, I'm waiting for my phone to break or mess up so I can get a new one.

Upvote 0
I had issues getting back into CWM after installing Lucidian and now GT says "oh, just rock the volume button really fast until it works." It does, kinda, but when I finally DO get into it, I tried making a backup and it factory reset my phone. So I figured, "oh I messed something up," No, something else is effed up because the next time I got ballsy I did it again. Booted into CWM recovery, forgot what I needed to do so I simply restarted my phone and it STILL factory reset my phone. I finally gave up, took Android Forums off my phone and stopped coming here because Im done with the Lucid 2, I'm waiting for my phone to break or mess up so I can get a new one.

yea, me and achilles are gonna solve that after we build our first succesful stock rom. that is high priority.

Reactions: achilles1643
Upvote 0

There's no point about constantly complaining about the same thing. I've already explained in the past that the 2nd-init recovery you guys have which is from another phone has issues working with a modded loki kernel on this phone.

The loki kernel is needed if not the phone will bootloop if you remove bloatware.

There's 2 ways to resolve this... You can keep your phone stock and bloated or you can build a real CWM recovery specifically for this phone.

Otherwise you can do as you said and get a new phone. FYI next time you get a phone make sure that you can be happy with it stock so that you don't end up getting upset if there's no development for it.

Upvote 0
There's no point about constantly complaining about the same thing. I've already explained in the past that the 2nd-init recovery you guys have which is from another phone has issues working with a modded loki kernel on this phone.

The loki kernel is needed if not the phone will bootloop if you remove bloatware.

There's 2 ways to resolve this... You can keep your phone stock and bloated or you can build a real CWM recovery specifically for this phone.

Otherwise you can do as you said and get a new phone. FYI next time you get a phone make sure that you can be happy with it stock so that you don't end up getting upset if there's no development for it.
Redirect them to me or achilles next time. you dont have to deal with them cause your not even building anymore.

Tell em after i get a working stock rom im gonna compile cwm.

Reactions: achilles1643
Upvote 0

Which ota is your lucidian rom based off of? (I just need to know because of the GT.lok) I think my builds arent booting cause the kernel is mismatched with the version of source im using.

And which files when removed were causing the bootloop?

Upvote 0
Which ota is your lucidian rom based off of? (I just need to know because of the GT.lok) I think my builds arent booting cause the kernel is mismatched with the version of source im using.

And which files when removed were causing the bootloop?

Based on firm A and I never had bootloops since I have my kernel lol. If your working on a different firm then you'll have to make your own kernel or use stock kernel and be careful with what you remove.

Upvote 0
ROM Updated

CHANGES:
  • Changed rom name to Xperion
  • Debloated a lil more
  • New custom Xperion system settings menu
  • AOSP Lockscreen
  • Cyanogen Apollo Music Player
  • Cyanogen DSP Manager for Apollo
  • Cyanogen Deskclock/Alarm Clock/Stopwatch/Countdown
  • Cyanogen weather widget (chronus - use the flex widget)
  • Themed Google keyboard
  • Updated cyanogen circle battery
  • Updated Kitkat Home/lockscreen wallpaper
  • Xperion ringtone & notification sounds
  • New boot/shutdown animation
  • Switched superuser to SuperSU
  • New lightweight file manager with black or white theme
  • Xposed included for more customization
With the AOSP lockscreen you'll now have lockscreen controls for apps like Apollo and Netflix along with other apps from the play store.

NOTE:
AOSP lockscreen uses the same wallpaper you have set on your home screen.

;)

Reactions: treedaynotice
Upvote 0
ROM Updated

CHANGES:
  • Changed rom name to Xperion
  • Debloated a lil more
  • New custom Xperion system settings menu
  • AOSP Lockscreen
  • Themed Google keyboard
  • Updated cyanogen circle battery
  • Updated Kitkat Home/lockscreen wallpaper
  • New boot/shutdown animation
  • Switched superuser to SuperSU
  • New lightweight file manager with black or white theme
With the AOSP lockscreen you'll now have lockscreen controls for apps like Apollo and Netflix along with other apps from the play store.

NOTE:
AOSP lockscreen uses the same wallpaper you have set on your home screen.

;)

Awesome! Downloading now! Thanks a lot GT, it's much appreciated!!

Upvote 0
Xperion ROM​

6c1z1.gif

l1v.png

Verizon LG Lucid 2

ROM Features:
  • De-Odexed/Zipaligned/Debloated/Rooted
  • Xperion blue UI theme
  • Cyanogen circle battery with percentage
  • Google keyboard
  • Custom Xperion system settings menu
  • AOSP Lockscreen
  • Black Status Bar and other UI touch ups
  • KitKat Home/Lockscreen wallpaper
  • Xperion Boot/Shutdown animations
  • Lightweight file manager with black or white theme
  • CRT Screen off Animation
Download & Instructions

Enjoy! ;)

If you like my work and like to show some appreciation, please click the thanks button. :)

Did you fix touch cwm

Upvote 0
Disregard my last post, **** this dumb phone I'm buying a Galaxy S 3 tomorrow for 80 bucks and 86ing this piece of junk.

Thanks though for all the work you put in when you don't even own the ddevic, it didn't go unappreciated.

Thanks bro, much appreciated.

S3, that's a good move... Lots of goodies for it to flash.

Enjoy ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones