• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom w/ Best Battery Life

Rather than the "best ROM" for battery life, it may be a good time to check into general tips and tricks for increasing battery life.

Turn off your wifi/gps/bluetooth/data if you aren't using it. Turn down screen brightness, ect.

You'd be surprised what you can squeeze out if you turn off what you don't need.

I'd also check into bringing a few extra batteries with, or a car charger :)

Upvote 0
Rather than the "best ROM" for battery life, it may be a good time to check into general tips and tricks for increasing battery life.

Turn off your wifi/gps/bluetooth/data if you aren't using it. Turn down screen brightness, ect.

You'd be surprised what you can squeeze out if you turn off what you don't need.

I'd also check into bringing a few extra batteries with, or a car charger :)

Thanks for all the tips. While i have you would you happen to know why google now no longer works on ics?

Upvote 0
Google now sucks the juice, if you're looking for long lasting battery try butterz sense or harmonia with mirage kernel.

For jb, evervolv is one of the best battery friendly...when you get rid of Google now

I only asked about google now since the voice commands are very useful when im in the car but thanks for the info , i'm gonna give butterz sense a try and see what happens

Edit: flashed butterz sense with mirage & google now , everything works great. thanks for the recommendation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones