• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Warp 4G Stock B12 KitKat 4.4.2 Deodexed and Unmodified

Did you try changing your file browser to root access mode as the notification suggests?

Won't let me, lol. CM file mgr! Lmao.. No problem on any other ROM ever.

Edit: WHAT?! it just let me do it! The newer CM File mgr! (Was using older one I pulled from Shinjitsu waaaayy back cuz it was the only Filer that worked right on ICS/JB, lol) WhatTheHell... Lol
BAM!! That worked for that.. I need to backup/restore APKs outside of cwm. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Won't let me, lol. CM file mgr! Lmao.. No problem on any other ROM ever

The version of CM file manager may not be compatible with this version of Android. Do other root apps work, like Xposed? If so, you probably just need different versions of the apps you are trying to use. Es has not given me a bit of trouble on this rom :p

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
The version of CM file manager may not be compatible with this version of Android. Do other root apps work, like Xposed? If so, you probably just need different versions of the apps you are trying to use. Es has not given me a bit of trouble on this rom :p

Yeah, that seemed the case and now I need a working alternative to TB
That app was useful..

Upvote 0
I may have figured out why CM File Manager is not working properly. Testing now.....

edit: try installing busybox from the playstore. I think CM File Manager is looking for commands in /system/xbin that don't exist. I will keep tinkering but that is my current theory.

Yep. That did it. Exactly. Ty- I had to use a newer version CM Filer & install busybox. That rocked! Now still curious about TB but at least I can make due with the other stuff. U tha Mann, SuperR!!

Upvote 0
Yep. That did it. Exactly. Ty- I had to use a newer version CM Filer & install busybox. That rocked! Now still curious about TB but at least I can make due with the other stuff. U tha Mann, SuperR!!

Oh & BTW: I keep getting "backup failed due to insufficient space available" notifs but I have LOTS of room on SD-0 & SD-1..

Upvote 0
what is backing up? I have not seen this message.

:looking sheepishly: TB, lol. I understand that it's functions have become seriously limited with new KitKat but the fact that it keeps saying I'm outta space is rediculous and driving me nuts, lol. Cuz it's not possible.. Even upgraded to a Sandisk ultra 64Gb class 10.. Still got 35Gb left and TB directory is in SD-1 anyways. CM filer issue is cured but I'm still trying to figure why TB still lying to me.. The damn program is just too useful in many ways. I'm willing to toss it out but I wanna know WHY it's reacting so.. Strange

Upvote 0
:looking sheepishly: TB, lol. I understand that it's functions have become seriously limited with new KitKat but the fact that it keeps saying I'm outta space is rediculous and driving me nuts, lol. Cuz it's not possible.. Even upgraded to a Sandisk ultra 64Gb class 10.. Still got 35Gb left and TB directory is in SD-1 anyways. CM filer issue is cured but I'm still trying to figure why TB still lying to me.. The damn program is just too useful in many ways. I'm willing to toss it out but I wanna know WHY it's reacting so.. Strange

Well, sorry man. I don't know how to fix TB for you. Honestly, I am happy it is a TB problem and not a ROM problem ;)

Upvote 0
Well, sorry man. I don't know how to fix TB for you. Honestly, I am happy it is a TB problem and not a ROM problem ;)

Honestly? Me too!! Further proof that your work is near flawless, bro. Props! Now we can get/look into an OC kernel? Lmfao. Wishful thinking only. This ROM kicks @$$ tho.. Still going thru and tweaking To my personal preferences but really nice so far, lol

Reactions: Freakode and SuperR
Upvote 0
Honestly? Me too!! Further proof that your work is near flawless, bro. Props! Now we can get/look into an OC kernel? Lmfao. Wishful thinking only. This ROM kicks @$$ tho.. Still going thru and tweaking To my personal preferences but really nice so far, lol

Thanks man :)

You can try Jock OC kernel. They are both 3.4 kernel versions. Worst case you flash the stock 4.4.2 kernel back. It's posted in the OP ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks man :)

You can try Jock OC kernel. They are both 3.4 kernel versions. Worst case you flash the stock 4.4.2 kernel back. It's posted in the OP ;)

Why not?! Lmao. I'm game! Gotta do a few things tonight first but it's def on my list of things to do! I'll report progress/failure when I can.

Reactions: shambasta m
Upvote 0
This rom is awesome but, my 3g 4g signal dosnt hardly get reception. Is anybody else running into the same problem?

Have either of you tried a profile/prl update? Mine is not activated so I don't have this issue. It is possible a profile update will wipe your data so be aware.

Upvote 0
If you want to test, you can try the 4.1.2 modem. Made a flashable for you and another flashable to revert back to the 4.4.2 modem.

4.1.2 Modem

4.4.2 modem

Hellz yeah. Really?! That Rocks! I'm on it, Ty- SuperR! What will I be looking for.. Signal reception going from 1 bar back to maxed (any other time, lol)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones