• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Warp 4G SuperROM v2.7 {updated 7/6/14}

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DISCLAIMER: By using this ROM, you understand that only YOU are responsible for anything good or bad that may come from it.

For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp 4G only.

This ROM is based on the newest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 B07 update. Some apps have been removed to reduce size and bloat, some apps added because they are great. It uses Epic Launcher based on AOSP 4.4.2, has Xposed Framework pre-installed, includes Tweaked Mms.apk, Google Keyboard, wifi tether, KitKat themed status bar, AOSP Lockscreen, and more. Enjoy :)

How To Install:

1. Download warplte_SuperROM_v2.7.zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into CWM recovery
  3. MAKE A BACKUP (optional, but highly recommended)
  4. Wipe data/Factory reset
  5. Install warplte_SuperROM_v2.7.zip from sdcard
  6. Reboot
  7. Enjoy!

NOTE: Since this ROM is unsigned, Signature Verification will need to be disabled in CWM. This can be accomplished in the same menu as "Choose zip from sdcard". It says something like Toggle signature verification.

NOTE2: I recommend turning on Power Toggles, which gives you the notification area power widgets

NOTE3: Your device must have CWM to flash ROMs. If it doesn't, please check out Warp 4G CWM Flasher

How to use Xposed Framework:

Once the ROM is running on your device, go to your app drawer and select Xposed Installer. Click Framework, then Install/Update and give it root permission. Hit cancel when it asks you to reboot, then go back and click on Modules. Check the box next to GravityBox and reboot. Now you can open GravityBox from the app drawer and start playing around with stuff.

Other Downloads:

warplte_Boost_Contacts_Remove.zip - Wipe Data in recovery and flash this to remove the Boost contacts. You can flash it at the same time as the ROM to save time.

warplte_Boost_Contacts_Add.zip - Wipe data in recovery and flash this to get the Boost contacts back after flashing the one above.

Attachments

• SuperROM_animation.jpg
    SuperROM_animation.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-27-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-27-40.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-00-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-00-22.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-14-28-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-14-28-09.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-14-27-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-14-27-59.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-16-50-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-16-50-19.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-16-46-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-16-46-10.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_2014-07-02-13-51-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-02-13-51-18.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 229
Change log:

v2.7 {7-6-14}
  • Fixed gesture typing

v2.6 {7-3-14}
  • Replaced stock music player with Apollo
  • Fixed stock browser FC's when downloading
  • Fixed Hangouts FC on initial boot

v2.5 {7-2-14}
  • Replaced Google Keyboard with KitKat AOSP Keyboard. Symbols now on keys.
  • Updated system apps

v2.4 {6-16-14}
  • Dialer is now black with white numbers (see screenshots above)

v2.3 {6-14-14}
  • Removed Connections Optimizer from settings menu
  • Removed Qualcomm Enhanced Location Services
  • Updated system apps

v2.2 {6-9-14}
  • Added Tweaked Mms Black
  • Fixed the Mms send button so it is brighter
  • Changed default background to black
  • Modified VVM...let's not discuss the changes ;)
  • Updated all system apps

v2.1 {6-1-14}
  • Fixed status bar/wallpaper issues
  • Added SuperROM boot animation

v2 {5-29-14}
  • Fixed status bar icons. All should be white now
  • Added circle battery with percentage
  • May or may not have added transparency to the status bar

v1.1 {5-26-14}
  • Fixed Wifi Tether Force closing

v1 {5-26-14}
  • Initial release

Upvote 0
Everything seems to be working fine. Wifi tether keeps fc'ing. I have paid version of Wifi Router so it's no biggy for me. Thanks for the time you are putting into this. Now if we only had a good oc kernel to go with this I may consider keeping this device.

I found the Wifi Tether issue. Thanks for letting me know it was fc'ing. v1.1 posted in the OP ;)

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0
It took me a while to get everything functioning via hopes and guesses. :D
|
History:
|
1.) Downloaded Warp 4G CWM Flasher Beta 3 image.
2.) Installed ^ onto usb memory stick through UNetbootin.
3.) Rebooted computer and set it to boot through usb by ticking it as first and then disabling the others with "F5".
4.) iSuccessfully booted the flasher and double-clicked the Warp 4G CWM Flasher icon.
5.) My N9510 booted into CWM Recovery, which was a good sign.
6.) Rebooted my n9510 and cwm did not stick. [Also.. I held pc power button for 5 seconds to hard power off, then booted back into windows xp.]
7.) iDownloaded "Flashify (for root users)", and installed it.
8.) iProceeded to download flashable_cwm_warplte_2.zip | by superr for Warp 4G and extracted cwm.img to the root of my internal sd card.
9.) iOpened up flashify and chose the option to flash a recovery image and then browsed to and selected cwm.img.
10.) Agreed to flash the image, rebooted phone.
11.) Voila! After first, second and third reboots... cwmR remained installed.
12.) Attempted to install PhilZ Touch while booted into cwmR, no avail.
13.) CWM-r kept spouting out an error: E:Can't mount /sdcard/
14.) I decided to apply the same method; 7-11, Extracted "recovery.img" from philztouch6.19.2-warplte.zip > Flashify > Install.
15.) Successful implementation.
16.) Downloaded warplte_SuperROM_v1.1.zip
17.) -Installed by PhilZ T.- Success. ~

:coffee:

Upvote 0
the rom is running smoothly. my only problem is the google now for the homescreen it starts up evrytime I restart my phone. is it a setting I can use to get unlimited scrolling and take away google from home page?

Yes, there is a setting. Touch and hold home screen, touch settings at the bottom right, choose desktop, uncheck "Allow swipe right on first page".

Reactions: AceDaMack
Upvote 0
Are you trying to download from your warp 4g? If so, try chrome.
I'm using pdanet for my pc, at first it was downloading the rom a day ago, but I declined the dl because I just wanted to see if it would download.

I downloaded other files needed to get up until this point with philz touch.

So far my pc downloads the rom as (0 bytes), and so does my warp 4g browser and chrome browser. :(

I was hoping to login into another free session of xfinity wifi that is in my area because I know for certain it must be a server error on my carrier's end... but I ran out of free complimentary sessions for this month.

Maybe I have to wait a few days or something to have this network issue fixed? :\

Thanks for the tip, btw. :)

Maybe if I use another useragent besides 80legs?

error.png

Upvote 0
Omg.. Thank You kind Sir!

:rock:

------------------------------

Okay so I had a problem when I installed the rom;

1.) I did not follow instructions do to shortly waking up and feeling thrilled!

I kept getting this error because I failed to meet the requirements for a good and smooth rom install:

2e0sg8o.jpg

But then I remembered what had to be done to probably fix this error.

I did as instructed and everything went smooth. :)

BTW, 1Mobile Market is so much better than the Play Store. :p

In PhilZ Touch;
|
NOTE: Since this ROM is unsigned, Signature Verification will need to be disabled in CWM. This can be accomplished in the same menu as "Choose zip from sdcard". It says something like Toggle signature verification.
|
How To Install:

1. Download warplte_SuperROM_v1.1.zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into CWM recovery
  3. MAKE A BACKUP (optional, but highly recommended)
  4. Wipe data/Factoy reset
  5. Install warplte_SuperROM_v1.1.zip from sdcard
  6. Reboot
  7. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Will someone test this SystemUI.apk? Here is a flashable and another to revert if things go badly. I need to know if I am on the right track with the status bar icons. Thanks

warplte_SystemUI_test_2.zip

warplte_SystemUI_revert.zip

edit: If you have GravityBox changing your icons, please turn it off for the test. Thanks again :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Found it... Getting it now brotha!!!

If you don't mind a bit of testing, it would be great if you grabbed the 2 SystemUI files a few posts up, and toss them on your sdcard as well.

Flash the rom first, then warplte_SystemUI_test_2.zip. If you have issues, reboot to recovery and flash the revert one.

edit: the status bar icons are supposed to be white, and they are not on v1.1 so that is what we are looking for with the SystemUI. Well, that and circle battery indicator with percentage ;)

Upvote 0
I'm not certain about what I should be doing. (>.>)

Placed on sdcard, booted into recovery and installed from zip:

IMG_353022977298.jpg

"-- Installing: /storage/sdcard0/Download/warplte_SystemUI_test_2.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update.
Device check passed!

Warp 4G System UI.apk Swapper
by SuperR

Mounting System...

Deleting SystemUI.apk...

Extracting SystemUI.apk...

Setting Permissions...

set__perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /storage/sdcard0/Download/warplte_SystemUI_test_2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
press any key to continue.
"

I like it so I am keeping it but if you manage to fix the blue color issue, I'll be more than happy to aid you in testing further experiments. ~

But please warn me if I have any chance in bricking my phone because I do not have the cash to pay for a new phone and I have no other internet source besides my n9510 and pdanet.

Btw I managed how to increase my download speed just a little, I'm not sure if I am just experiencing a placebo effect and this rom already helps with data speed or not? :p
|
I'll still post what I think helps though in "dethrottled". ^-^

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones