• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0

wen i get more time, i will look into the ramdisk issue. that'll prolly be tomorrow. im a high school student so during the day im pretty busy. i'll prolly take a look tomorrow afterschool if i dont get started tonight. i gotta work a lil on my kitkat port for the ZTE Warp also

That's cool. I am gonna work on this for the time being. I will also try to get some diffs on the ramdisks done. I should also start on CM9 for the Galaxy Centrua I have lying around here somewhere, but that will be God only knows when, plus I have work tomorrow, so I need to get some sleep myself.

Upvote 0
Kinda major issue. For some reason, the frameworks are not building at all. My framework folder only contains a hardware jar and a bluetooth jar. Not sure what is wrong...

yea idk this pissed me off

i had to do

mmm frameworks/base/core/res
mmm frameworks/base
mka ext android.policy am apache-xml bouncycastle bu content core core-junit
mka ime input pm services svc telephony-common uiautomator

and then watever make command u have to get a zip

its a bit extra but it works

Upvote 0
yea idk this pissed me off

i had to do

mmm frameworks/base/core/res
mmm frameworks/base
mka ext android.policy am apache-xml bouncycastle bu content core core-junit
mka ime input pm services svc telephony-common uiautomator

and then watever make command u have to get a zip

its a bit extra but it works

Well you have to do that no more (turns out when I added all of the msm7627a stuff I deleted my line in the device_y301a1.mk file to call full.mk ... oops)

Anyhow, I am now at a stuck point, because I keep getting this error (spoilers, my name is Seth):
Code:
/home/seth/android/cm-11.0/out/target/product/y301a1/obj/EXECUTABLES/hostapd_intermediates/src/drivers/driver_nl80211.o:driver_nl80211.c:function wpa_driver_nl80211_ops: error: undefined reference to 'wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd'

And I have no idea how to fix it, because I checked the driver_nl80211.c, and the variable is instantiated and defined, so idk.

Just to be safe, I did a make clean, make clobber, and I am building again.

Upvote 0
Nevermind CCACHE isn't helping, turns out I am hitting the execution cap on my processor. Why you no make faster processors Intel? (Hitting that cap actually kinda does say something, I have an Intel i5 hyper-threaded so much that my computer thinks I have a quad core [it's a dual core tho], plus it's an Ivy Bridge, so this is actually a powerhouse CPU)

Upvote 0
Well you have to do that no more (turns out when I added all of the msm7627a stuff I deleted my line in the device_y301a1.mk file to call full.mk ... oops)

Anyhow, I am now at a stuck point, because I keep getting this error (spoilers, my name is Seth):
Code:
/home/seth/android/cm-11.0/out/target/product/y301a1/obj/EXECUTABLES/hostapd_intermediates/src/drivers/driver_nl80211.o:driver_nl80211.c:function wpa_driver_nl80211_ops: error: undefined reference to 'wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd'

And I have no idea how to fix it, because I checked the driver_nl80211.c, and the variable is instantiated and defined, so idk.

Just to be safe, I did a make clean, make clobber, and I am building again.

try removing wpa_supplicant_version from BoardConfig.mk (while leaving the other wifi stuff intact)
it'll compile then i think

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones