• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

OK thanks what's the best cm9 rom or cm7
(By the way I'm from the warp part of these forums and I think y'all have a bada.s phone but do y'all have random reboot?and problems installing apk?)

What device do you have ...this forum and the roms are for the LG optimus v.

Some roms random reboot, but there's usually a fix for that or after a few days the roms get less buggy as it settles down on your phone.

No trouble installing apk's.

You need to find a rom specifically for your device.

Upvote 0
What device do you have ...this forum and the roms are for the LG optimus v.

Some roms random reboot, but there's usually a fix for that or after a few days the roms get less buggy as it settles down on your phone.

No trouble installing apk's.

You need to find a rom specifically for your device.

Agreed.
CM7 is rock solid.
CM9 is almost there!

CM7 is limited to whatever you can do with Gingerbread, however, while CM9 has all of the wonderful ICS possibilities. :rolleyes:

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0
Still have my OV and still running BACKside IHO on it. It's very stable and a great piece of work overall. I came back here to poke around and see if there's anything new, but have decided to stick with BACKside until I get a new phone.

I was on the latest build and it acted slightly funky on occasion, so I decided to do one last flash with the 0131 build, as the people above suggested it was the most stable, along with Brotherswing's Quicksilver theme. I'm not a flashing fanatic, so this'll probably be my last flash until I upgrade my phone in a few months. Thanks for all the effort people have put into coding and community here!

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
i am running BACKside-IHO-VM670-05022012 - it's great, an amazing improvement. It's the first time i have flashed anything, and it is like having a new phone.

BUT one thing - i can no longer get into recovery at all - just hangs on the LG symbol. But if I power it up, I can start up the phone and everything is fine (after pulling the battery). I have a backup file on the phone in the cwm/backup folder. But how do I get to it if i can't get into recovery?

I may have deleted the wrong files, not sure - i was trying to make some space, as I would like to repartition the SD card (I gave Link2SD too much of the space, and would like to have more for making backups (ahem) and also for camera etc...)

But, not sure what to do now - Should I try to flash a recovery with the Flash gui? I have looked, but I don't see anything about not being able to get into recovery mode - I have tried it both by choosing the reboot intorecovery option and also by holding the power, vol down & home buttons...any advice?

Thanks! (And thanks for the ROM, it is so cool to see how much better the phone works - makes me wonder why any company would cripple its products the way VM did with the stock VM670)

OK, i am an idiot, nvm...I must have done this before but anyway.. I did this (from the github):

1. Place the IHO recovery .img file in your SD card’s root folder.
2. Run a terminal emulator. If you don’t have one, download Terminal Emulator from the Market.
3. Enter the following commands:

su
cd sdcard
flash_image recovery iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me where I can get a swype keyboard add-on. Seems the only screen keybd on BACKside ROM is the Android one? There are a couple of sliding keyboards on market, but not Swype anymore?

I just got my OV on Wednesday and wanted to get it rooted and ROMed as quickly as possible. It was a heck of a lot faster than my Samsung Intercept that fell off the roof of my car, even straight out of the box, but I was always having troubles with running out of memory on the old phone, so I thought I'd nip it in the bud early on this one. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones