• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Damn I wish I could get a score that high. I ran the same settings except I guess I used the latest supercharger update (no idea if it helps or hurts) and I got scores from 1100-1200. Are you using quadrant or an updated version of it? Mine doesn't show as much information.

I'm using Quadrant Advanced. It doesn't change the scores though, mind you. The score always but with the way I've set everything up it usually ranges from 1300-1400. Nothing lower really ;)

Upvote 0
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

10-13-11:

sync'd up with CM: CM 7.1.0.1
sync'd up with CM: SemcRIL: Improve AID selection
sync'd up with CM: Camera Scene Mode NPE Fix
Tweak: Wired Headset - working controls(thanks to rcmarotz)
Removed: Darktremor Apps2SD

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Just wondering.. what do these two mean?
SemcRIL: Improve AID selection
Camera Scene Mode NPE Fix

Upvote 0
These are CM7 fix's and here are there detailed description:

SemcRIL: Improve AID selection
Our current AID selection schema will always select the last application available in the card. This is not an acceptable behavior and worked for so long because most cards only have a single application. This patch adds a more robust detection of AIDs which will fix problems.

Camera Scene Mode NPE Fix
When scene mode not set to auto, initialization of mCaptureMode is skipped, causing a NPE in doFocus(); Since we don't care what Scene Mode we're in, we set mCaptureMode everytime.

Upvote 0
It could be your phone's processor just can't handle any higher.

That being said:
-which governor are you using?
-did you do a full wipe and format before flashing the ROM?
-did you restore any apps from backups after flashing the ROM?

Let me know and we'll see if we can track down your issue.

Governors I have tried are InteractiveX and OnDemand mainly. Have tried others as well. Just kind of taking shots in the dark at this point.

I followed all the steps here [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM - Android Forums except I had the black screen issue so I had to install the iho-vm670-X-recovery-4.0.1.4.3-signed recovery instead.

I did not restore any apps or information at all.

Upvote 0
I did a thread search and read about the camera click sound files conflicting with video recording audio and that this is why the camera shutter sound was removed, but I'm probably never really going to record video with my phone so I wanted to know how I can re-add the camera click sound back to the phone. I can see it being confusing if I were to hand the phone to someone to take a picture for me and them being confused if the picture was actually taken. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I did a thread search and read about the camera click sound files conflicting with video recording audio and that this is why the camera shutter sound was removed, but I'm probably never really going to record video with my phone so I wanted to know how I can re-add the camera click sound back to the phone. I can see it being confusing if I were to hand the phone to someone to take a picture for me and them being confused if the picture was actually taken. Thanks in advance.

I attached them in a zip file to this post, this is not a flashable zip. Unzip it and move the two ogg files to:

/system/media/audio/ui/

with a file explorer with root options, or via adb.

Reactions: KOAM
Upvote 0
My problem with updating apps has started again. It seems to only be google apps. Maps and Google+ both either fail to download due to insufficent space on device or invalid package.

Running the current build with the June gapps + green machine. This was a clean install, wiped everything.

104.04MB of internal 7.7GB of external. Not using Link2SD, all apps move to SD via the move to SD card button in app management.

I was able to update a handful of other apps tonight, but not my google apps.

I have market version 3.1.5, maps 5.10.0 and google plus 1.0.6

Upvote 0
/system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik

Sorry, I posted 01movedalvik earlier.
snap20111017_114117.png

Such a wonderful sight. Thank you very much for the help Jerry.

Upvote 0
This is my first time using a custom ROM so I am a little bit curious on how the battery usage is for everyone else. I installed it just fine and after getting everything setup, from 11pm Saturday till 11pm Sunday the battery only went down to 85% on light usage which is fine. But I wake up today and it is down to 63%.

I did have background data on but auto-syncing was turned off which is what I normal had on the stock ROM and I don't recall the battery draining that fast over night.

Also thanks to Jerry and the rest who made this ROM possible, it has been really nice compared to stock. :)

Upvote 0
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-10172011.zip
md5 checksum 75d7d2d0dae6affa714e8767bfc2edef

GreenMachineTheme-10172011.zip

Changes:
- Headset button fixed, big thanks to rcmarotz
- Notification icon overlay covering center clock fixed (system icons are still buggy, I'm close on it though)
- Camera tap to focus function added
- Commits from CM include improved aid selection, telephoney added fastdormancy support

Many thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, and of course the CM and AOSP crews! ;)

Upvote 0
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-10172011.zip
md5 checksum 75d7d2d0dae6affa714e8767bfc2edef

GreenMachineTheme-10172011.zip

Changes:
- Headset button fixed, big thanks to rcmarotz
- Notification icon overlay covering center clock fixed (system icons are still buggy, I'm close on it though)
- Camera tap to focus function added
- Commits from CM include improved aid selection, telephoney added fastdormancy support
Many thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, and of course the CM and AOSP crews! ;)

Tap to focus??? WHAT?? SWEET! That was one of the major things I missed from my old iPhone. This ROM is amazing. The new ring style unlock + camera tap to focus + the camera default exposure / exposure settings are all huge improvements. You've fixed nearly every problem I've had with this phone. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I just tested auto focus. It works perfectly (you have to enable it in the focus settings inside the camera app). All Android phones should have this feature. I wish there was a way to have both auto focus and tap to focus at the same time.

The iPhone handles camera focusing this way:

If you touch the screen before taking a picture, touch to focus is used.

If you do not touch the screen before taking a picture, auto focus is used.

I think that way makes the most sense. No matter what you do, the picture will be in focus... but I'm still really happy that you added this feature to the camera.

Upvote 0
Tap to focus??? WHAT?? SWEET! That was one of the major things I missed from my old iPhone. This ROM is amazing. The new ring style unlock + camera tap to focus + the camera default exposure / exposure settings are all huge improvements. You've fixed nearly every problem I've had with this phone. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I just tested auto focus. It works perfectly (you have to enable it in the focus settings inside the camera app). All Android phones should have this feature. I wish there was a way to have both auto focus and tap to focus at the same time.

The iPhone handles camera focusing this way:

If you touch the screen before taking a picture, touch to focus is used.

If you do not touch the screen before taking a picture, auto focus is used.

I think that way makes the most sense. No matter what you do, the picture will be in focus... but I'm still really happy that you added this feature to the camera.

I'll look into adding that functionality.

FYI - there has always been a quick zoom feature, double-tap to zoom the camera ;)

Reactions: 83thomas
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones