• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Where did you read this, I am tired of having to redo everything after every update?

Installation

---Updating from a previous BACKside-IHO build

1) Download the newest build, and GreenMachineTheme zip if you like, and place them on your sdcard

2) Boot into recovery and make a backup (imho, not optional ;))

3) Wipe cache and dalvik cache

4) Flash the BACKside-IHO zip file

5) Flash the GreenMachineTheme (optional)

6) Flash gapps (hopefully not necessary anymore, ymmv)

7) Reboot and enjoy

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
So I saw Bob removed App2SD, is this the same on Backside?

Seems like everyone is jumping on the Bob's kernel wagon. XD

BACKside never had DarkTermor's A2SD built in like BobZhome's did. Just the built in Gingerbread+CM7 a2sd.

Bob has pretty much taken over the kernel side of IHO development, and we are all thankful for his responsivness and willingness to add requested functionality! ;)

Upvote 0
I did that and my lockscreen still doesnt show up

make sure that under CyanogenMod Settings->Tablet Tweaks->Disable Lockscreen is Unchecked.

if you are wanting a pattern or password, i would go under CyanogenMod Settings->Lockscreen->Disable Lockscreen on security and make sure that its checked. Then go to your regular Settings->Location and Security->Set Up Screen Lock.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones