• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

I'm sure it could be done, although I think that you can't have a partition on the SD, or apps on the SD (including link2sd), cause I keep running into an error that mentions having apps on the SD, and having over a certain amount of apps..
I will try to find one of my other SD cards, and retry sometime after the next BACKside build is released.

320813_312284308787669_100000183072586_1530930_67963889_n.jpg

Upvote 0
loop image works, but you can also run debian or older ubuntu from an ext partition (if you use a 3rd partition, /sd-ext works the same as expected for the move-app-to-sd-ext tweaks.)
I think the partition method is faster than the loop image. But you have to install differently, can't use the app to do it for you.
you can either take the long way around with debootstrap or some other rootfs generation tool, or download an existing filesystem tar and use that. I've got one on xda in the optimus v dev section if you're interested. Not the first post in the debian on optimus thread, but several down from the OP.
some relatively recent version of ubuntu dropped support for armv6; ubuntu wiki says the current version is armv7 and newer. so, no fresh ubuntu for the optimus!
debian stable and unstable work fine on armv6, though. ubuntu is bloated even worse than debian anyway, and you can run programs cross-platform between them, so no big deal there. if you want debian to look like ubuntu, just use the 1GB+ gnome desktop manager.

Reactions: nitestalkr
Upvote 0
I've been having a problem recently with the clock on both the green theme notification bar and beautiful widgets being around 5 minutes slower than the actual time when I turn on my phone. The problem usually corrects itself within a few minutes of having the phone on. However, I would like the time to be correct when I turn on the phone.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Mine was doing the same thing. It happened after i took the battery out. I had to connect to the 3g network for it to self correct. It wouldn't do this through the WIFI connection.

Upvote 0
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11012011.zip
md5 checksum 7c699aef1229147ef038aa6a3b283689

GreenMachineTheme-11012011.zip

Changes:
-added option to set the status bar clock color in CyanogenMod Settings
-option to remove battery icon from status bar
-show share menu when taking screenshots from power menu
-several fixes to stagefright to improve video
-fixes to audiopolicymanager (hopefully improves lots of things, we will see)
-surfaceflinger tweaks should improve screen drawing
-fixed a wifi lock bug that caused releases when it should be locked
-lockscreen calendar now supports all day events
-quiet hours can now silence haptic feedback
-separate volume settings for when headset is plugged in and when it isn't

Note- Due to changes in both frameworks-res and SystemUI, all themes will have to be rebuilt

Thanks to the CyanogenMod team, Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, asadullah, and kermkalelite! ;)

Note- Status bar clock color change has a slight bug, changes to color will only take place if you change another setting, such as show, center, or ampm. The default for this build is set to green to make it stand out, but I will set it to the standard color for the next build.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones