• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CM6-Ascend (CyanogenMod 6) Current: 04212011 (Cricket/MetroPCS MMS WORKING!)

Too bad they must have had a bunch more of the screens left over, or the Ascend 2 might have had multi-touch lol.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin' 'bout.
I'm satisfied w/the overall value,just a little more tightening in consistency from one set to the next on the same product line is in order.

I wasn't gonna get the A2 anyway,but,probably would have gave it more thought if I could be assured of some tightening of quality control (ISO) was implemented in the manufacturer of the ASCEND II.

Upvote 0
After flashing this Rom I am having issues with WiFi. When I go into setting and setup the password it goes to obtaining IP Address and freezes for a moment then it switched to disabled. Go back into settings or reselect it it does the same thing, never making a connection. It is not my router as it worked before flashing and works with every other device I have that uses wiFi.

Upvote 0
After flashing this Rom I am having issues with WiFi. When I go into setting and setup the password it goes to obtaining IP Address and freezes for a moment then it switched to disabled. Go back into settings or reselect it it does the same thing, never making a connection. It is not my router as it worked before flashing and works with every other device I have that uses wiFi.

Reset your router. If that doesn't work you may need to reflash. I had a similar problem and had to reflash. If you do reflash make sure you wipe everything and format everything except for the SD card

Upvote 0
I have cm6 and i went from icarus 1.1 to cm6. I didnt format my sd and i just want a fresh install of cm6, like nothing on the sd and everything clean and have the max amount of space on it. I was wondering if its safe to format the sd card, i dont want anything to mess up. Already bricked one phone on accident and didnt mess up this time and really dont wanna format my sd card and it mess up cm6 somehow. Would appriciate it. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have cm6 and i went from icarus 1.1 to cm6. I didnt format my sd and i just want a fresh install of cm6, like nothing on the sd and everything clean and have the max amount of space on it. I was wondering if its safe to format the sd card, i dont want anything to mess up. Already bricked one phone on accident and didnt mess up this time and really dont wanna format my sd card and it mess up cm6 somehow. Would appriciate it. Thanks.

formatting your sd card will not mess up cm6, just make sure you backed up you sd card before formatting it.;)

Upvote 0
I've done everything that you could do to CM6, deleted, and replaced apps that were battery hogs, linked, daviked, even have teamviewer, and (as such a alpha can be) iris , what can I do to improve the memory. routines in froyo? I use setcpu as my overclocker.

the phone is already OC to 710, no need to use setcpu...;)

Upvote 0
well, I'm not too worried about the speed so much, as I am about increasing the flow of information, got rid of iris, still too dumb to be useful on this phone, and installed speaktoit, works really good too. I just want to switch between apps a little faster.

do to huawei putting that old cpu in the phone, there's really no way to speed it up if its already OC...:(

Upvote 0
I was thinking of deleting some of the check, and balances apps , like dsp manager, messaging, and tasker/synker. there is so many things that want to stay, waiting in memory, most are needed. My ultimate goal is to make the charge last for a day with slightly heavy use. I figure if I could cut down usage, that it will last longer.

Upvote 0
If you go into the system>app folder and delete everything calendar related including the calendar sync (granted you dont use it) and the email apk youll gain some time on your battery life. Those will always run no matter how many times you close them they'll start back up again. I delete those and some other things and have a battery life of between I would say 10-12 hours and still have around 20 to sometimes 30% battery life when I plug it in at night. Granted tho I dont play games and I only use it for phone, text web, FB, tapatalk and the app for this forum.

Upvote 0
I just wish that market wasn't so needy, it would be a mistake to get rid of. Maps scared me of deleting maps, but got over it, I know getting rid of that, also took latitude, and navigation with it, but gps essentials works fine. Replacing always on apps, with ones that don't stay loaded, is what I'm trying to do, setcpu doesn't have enough frequency choices, and I don't like app killers, or battery savers, I just want to streamline the memory paths(something out there that can do this? I've heard of zipaligning, but don't know much about that.

Upvote 0
I just got rid of setcpu, and installed nofrills cpu, the explanation of the program. made a lot of sense about profiles not being needed, but the problem with this one, is after a reboot, it needs to be turned on. I made it a system app, and linked the files to the sd card. Is there a way that I can make it run when I turn my cell on? Is this a permission thing? cm6 seems to be very pliable, sofar what you can do to it, so there must be a way that I can't fathom..

Upvote 0
Hi I'm pretty new to smart phones. I know basically nothing and even though I try to read a lot of these threads I just stay confused because I don't know a lot of the terminology. I'm tired of how slow my ascend is and I wanted to install cm 6 but I can't find a simple to follow guide. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. The only thing I've done to my phone is root it...

Upvote 0
Hi I'm pretty new to smart phones. I know basically nothing and even though I try to read a lot of these threads I just stay confused because I don't know a lot of the terminology. I'm tired of how slow my ascend is and I wanted to install cm 6 but I can't find a simple to follow guide. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. The only thing I've done to my phone is root it...
Hello, welcome to the forums! This thread is a good place to start:

http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/320265-ultimate-ascend-customization-guide.html

Upvote 0
You made a good choice to stop here, just be sure to have the tools first(software and hardware) before you start. At least you're rooted, things get fun after that! don't worry about bricking it, it's pretty much unbrickable. After you install your tom of choice, maintain with titanium backup pro, and links to sd, merry christmas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones