• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM7 Port for Vortex VS660

Thanks for the log!
There are still a ton of "W/PackageManager( 1392): Unknown permission" in the log...can someone with the STOCK ROM, grab me the init.* files(yes, more than one-may be 3 or 4) from the root director.

The rotation issue is probably the "KR3DM" errors in the log, which relates to the gyroscope... I'll look into the AMI304 drivers."http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1114481"

Just a few notes: I don't have any problem with rotations. Also, to get the smartass governor back after flashing the most recent version, you have to reflash the OC kernel that GetItNowMarketing posted.

Reactions: geofferey
Upvote 0
Fixed the link & trust me my mind did go there ;)

I know what you're trying to link to there, but you linked to a dynamic page.

Here's a direct link to what he's trying to show you:

Oh my. Looks like I can't put links here. Try this:

bit.ly/vVLEX0

It's the open source to the LG Vortex's kernel and such. This should help you out, right?

Reactions: geofferey
Upvote 0
just installed latest version, my vibrate sometimes stays on and doesn't really work right in general, and screen does not rotate
edit: worth mentioning overwriting with getitnowmarketing's kernel fixes both issues

That did work. I can rotate my screen again.

Edit: after flashing his kernel i can no longer set values for the over clocking. :/

Upvote 0
Can anyone confirm if enabling International Data Roaming, when nowhere near another country, actually charges huge amounts to our bill? From my understanding it would only do so if we were having to roam into another country's data signals without having our own. Correct? Hence "International?"

You'll be fine, unless you live near some international cell towers.

F4280, not yet

Reactions: asphaltweb
Upvote 0
Weird sound coming from LG Vortex ear piece after latest CM7 install...

I've been getting this really weird droning, static, noise sound out of the ear piece after the latest version was installed. I usually have my phone on vibrate, so if I hit the down volume button on the side a few times, it goes away, but comes back less than a minute later. I have no good clues on what could be causing this. It's not constant, but it seems to keep going if I don't do the volume down thing. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll record and post an MP3 of it here.

Still having Market issues.

I've tried everything listed in this thread and every other thread I could find, but I'm still getting the issues with Market updates and fresh installs. Package is invalid and insufficient space. They seem to intersperse themselves randomly, but I can't get a good update or app from the Market. Reboots, clearing cache, uninstalling updates, clearing dalvik cach and cache in recovery, moving that one file from system/etc (see this thread) don't seem to do anything. Market is jacked up every time.

Get It Now Marketing's Kernel

Forgive me. I've learned a good deal in the past year with an Android, but I have no idea what the hell to do as far as going with this. Apparently it fixed sensors and got rotation working again. How do I apply this kernel? Sorry boys. Which gets me to my next point...

Documentation, Step-By-Step Instructions

I tried to explain rooting to a client who has an LG Vortex at a restaurant today, and he said, "just give me the link to the page to tells you how to do what you did to your LG Vortex." I had to tell him that he'd either have to give me his phone for a bit, or that he'd have to wait. He had no idea what rooting was. Perhaps we could get some documentation and clear instructions together, and add them to the initial post.

Upvote 0
Okay its boots fantastically and it runs smoothly. Here are my problems:

1. Coming back from standby the phone hangs. The screen lights up black and I get no screen. My solution was to reinsert the battery, but it seems to do it every time.

2. Activation, when I dial *228 to activate my phone, there is no keyboard or dial pad to press 1 on. I finally figured out that you can hold the Menu button till a keyboard pops up and press one then. After it updates, I have no service at all even after waiting the fifteen minuets. I restarted the phone and all I can get is basic texting and calling, which brings me to...

3. I have no data access at all even before the activation calls. I get full signal where I am and full signal on my 3G when using the Breakneck mod and the original firmware. Can't get a signal to save my life for network here.

I've tried flashing it twice.

If you need me to provide a log please leave instructions on how to do that and I'll get it posted for you.

Thanks,
Alan

EDIT:
For now I am going to do an ndroid backup of its current state and go back to my last firmware. I'll keep the backup of the CM7 Mod so I can go and get those logs or whatever you might need to address the problem.

EDIT 2:
Is there a way to get Verizon's backup assistant to work on the CM7 mod when you get it working so I don't have to reenter all my contacts?

Upvote 0
Weird sound coming from LG Vortex ear piece after latest CM7 install...

Still having Market issues.

I've tried everything listed in this thread and every other thread I could find, but I'm still getting the issues with Market updates and fresh installs. Package is invalid and insufficient space. They seem to intersperse themselves randomly, but I can't get a good update or app from the Market. Reboots, clearing cache, uninstalling updates, clearing dalvik cach and cache in recovery, moving that one file from system/etc (see this thread) don't seem to do anything. Market is jacked up every time.
There are two or three different market issues, and the error messages are confusing sometimes.

1- Signing issues: If you have an app you installed prior to installing an IHO ROM, it was signed differently. Attempting to update it will often give you an invalid package or signing error.

2- CM7 space issues: The move dalvik file located in the init.d folder places certain app related data in the same partition as the market downloads to. You can remove that file, clear market cache and data, clear download manager cache, then reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot. (doesn't always solve issues)

3- New Market issues: The newer versions of the Market do not calculate space requirements the same as the older versions. The Market often thinks there is no space to download the item to, even if there is space to install it to. Uninstalling Market updates, and clearing cache and data usually helps with this. However, eventually your Market will update again, so this is a temp fix till Google fixes the Market.

Reactions: dedwards77
Upvote 0
Okay its boots fantastically and it runs smoothly. Here are my problems:

1. Coming back from standby the phone hangs. The screen lights up black and I get no screen. My solution was to reinsert the battery, but it seems to do it every time.

2. Activation, when I dial *228 to activate my phone, there is no keyboard or dial pad to press 1 on. I finally figured out that you can hold the Menu button till a keyboard pops up and press one then. After it updates, I have no service at all even after waiting the fifteen minuets. I restarted the phone and all I can get is basic texting and calling, which brings me to...

3. I have no data access at all even before the activation calls. I get full signal where I am and full signal on my 3G when using the Breakneck mod and the original firmware. Can't get a signal to save my life for network here.

I've tried flashing it twice.

If you need me to provide a log please leave instructions on how to do that and I'll get it posted for you.

Thanks,
Alan

EDIT:
For now I am going to do an ndroid backup of its current state and go back to my last firmware. I'll keep the backup of the CM7 Mod so I can go and get those logs or whatever you might need to address the problem.

EDIT 2:
Is there a way to get Verizon's backup assistant to work on the CM7 mod when you get it working so I don't have to reenter all my contacts?

1. Thats the bug mentioned on the first page. go to settings>Cyanogenmod settings>Display>then uncheck The Screen-on and Screen-off animations.

2. Judgeing from your second edit your on verizon. So go back to the first page of this thread find the post that says "Please re-read! I fixed a typo that would have been dangerous if followed!" Download the attachment and follow the instructions. Also no real issue with roaming indicator anymore so ignore that part of his post.

3. My answer to 2.
-
Backup assistant won't work, just go into contacts and export them to your sd card then import them once you flash cm7. To export/import Click the menu button when in the contacts and its listed in that menu.

Hope that was helpful. :)

Get It Now Marketing's Kernel

Forgive me. I've learned a good deal in the past year with an Android, but I have no idea what the hell to do as far as going with this. Apparently it fixed sensors and got rotation working again. How do I apply this kernel? Sorry boys. Which gets me to my next point...

Documentation, Step-By-Step Instructions

I tried to explain rooting to a client who has an LG Vortex at a restaurant today, and he said, "just give me the link to the page to tells you how to do what you did to your LG Vortex." I had to tell him that he'd either have to give me his phone for a bit, or that he'd have to wait. He had no idea what rooting was. Perhaps we could get some documentation and clear instructions together, and add them to the initial post.

The kernel, "http://androidforums.com/vortex-all-things-root/307859-gpl-long-last-overclock-your-vortex.html" Flash the zip like you would a rom. Well, without doing the wipe that is.

Rooting explanation for the friend, "http://androidforums.com/vortex-all-things-root/388071-use-gingerbreak-1-2-higher-root-lg-vortex-2-2-2-a.html"

Step 1- download
Step 2- Transfer to Phone from computer(usb connection)
Step 3-Allow non-market apps (Settings>Application>check unknown sources.
Step 4- use file manager like Astro (It's free in the market) And install the gingerbreak apk.
Step 5- open app and continue from there. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones