• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

HI, well i have been doing all my research (or so i thought) and getting my nerve up to flash cm7. I decided to do the lastest pg mod since it is available via rom manager. i flashed recovery 3.0.0.5 easy as pie through rom manager and watched a few videos on the whole process. Anyway to make a long story short, i think i screwed up because i went to do a backup {nandroid) using rom manager and quickly realized that maybe it was a Mistake using rom manager for that since my phone is sitting here on boot screen for well over an hour now...:eek: Heres what happened, I clicked on back up current rom, and then clicked ok to the backup name that would be made, then my phone appeared like it was going to begin the process then it didnt. All i got was the white Huawei screen... Now what? My first instinct is to pull the battery but i was hoping for a quick response from someone before i do anything that could make matters worse. Thanks...
pull the battery, then press SEND, VOL UP, POWER, it should boot into CWM which will be a black screen with orange text. If it does that, then you can navigate to clockwork/download and find the zip it downloaded for CM7-Ascend and then repeat for gapps.

Reactions: MommysDroid
Upvote 0
Hello Playfulgod. I have read if anyone else has had this issue so please forgive me if you addressed this. I have official 2.2.2 release by metroPCS. Now I was able to root it but for the life of me I can't get a recovery to work on it. Any ideas?
I rooted it using gingerbreak then install rom manager and install cwm thru it

Upvote 0
Actually,I hadn't had 05142011 on my phone for quite some time & have been installing the updates as they have rolled out,only keeping the previous build as a backup.

Others here experienced the same as I did & ROM MANAGER showed having 05142011 installed when in fact 07012011 was installed & was indicated as such in SETTINGS>ABLUT PHONE.
Nothing harmful,just an oddity that some of us experienced/noticed.
I believe it was a ROM MANAGER FUBAR because once before,after installing ROM MANAGER PRO after an update flash,it showed up on my desktop as BOTH ROM MANAGER & BURRITO MANAGER (w/the burrito icon).STRAAAAAAAAANGE..................but true!

Gonna run ANTUTU BENCHMARK now,Spyder 5157,I'll PM the results to you.Enjoy your vacation.

i thought i fix the problem, but it happen again. lastnight through this morning i t was showing Bob's latest, i've been trying to figure out my email issues & it went back showing 0514 what gives:thinking: i'm about to fling the phone out the window:mad:

Upvote 0
hey everyone. i Currently have(MetroPCS) Huawei ascend with CM7 latest build installed. which is 06242011 i believe. and i have a few problems i need to get fixed. 1) i Always receive Double texts messages
and 2) i cant receive or send MMS. and its weird cuz sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. just 4 days ago it was working flawless. but Currently i cant send or receive MMS. well i do Receive MMS but when i push the download button it just says downloading and it never finishes. SO please please Help me fix this Asap im trying to send and receive some pics with my girl haha ;) and i did flash the metroff fix.
Thanks! love yall.
get at me asap thank you :DDD
Or Pm me if you like. thanks.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'll get to my question first then the reasoning.. Is there a basic config file that saves CM7 settings, such as End Button goes to home screen, battery shows percent instead of the meter, etc.. Reasoning behind this is between go sms, launcher pro and titbu after a flash i can be up and running as before after restoring everything fairly quick.. was thinking it would be nice to be able to restore some basic CM7 settings in a few clicks as well (not that its a big deal but anything to shave a few minutes off is good seeing that im a flash addict :) ) .. debating on diving into making a simple app (as well as my first :) ) if this was feasable.. if someone could point me in the right direction as to where these files are located that would be awesome.. gonna end up googling basic linux im sure eventually (very rusty :D) Thanks in advance..

Upvote 0
Now I did use gingerbreak and it was successful. I already installed CWM and flashed the recovery but it will not boot into it. It will just stay on the huawei boot screen. I am out of idea's. This is officially beyond me. lol.

Sounds like you are hitting the fastboot combo of buttons (vol down, end, power) you need to volume up, send (the one to the left of menu) and power..

fastboot is used to flash to stock, install cwm recovery, etc from PC via without being rooted..

Upvote 0
hey everyone. i Currently have(MetroPCS) Huawei ascend with CM7 latest build installed. which is 06242011 i believe. and i have a few problems i need to get fixed. 1) i Always receive Double texts messages
and 2) i cant receive or send MMS. and its weird cuz sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. just 4 days ago it was working flawless. but Currently i cant send or receive MMS. well i do Receive MMS but when i push the download button it just says downloading and it never finishes. SO please please Help me fix this Asap im trying to send and receive some pics with my girl haha ;) and i did flash the metroff fix.
Thanks! love yall.
get at me asap thank you :DDD
Or Pm me if you like. thanks.

Just a shot in the dark here.. first off for some reason i can hardly EVER receive mms from an iphone.. Two things i can suggest though otherwise.. Try downloading them with stock messaging app if your not already, and also try dl'ing APN Manager by 81 Square from the market and pick Metro once you load it up.. I do both of those and have no issues except from iphones..

Upvote 0
i recently flashed Bob's CM7 it's working great except now i cannot access me E-mail, it was working well on other roms but now it's not. i go on set up email which looks different than what i was use to, & it is not working... can anyone tell me if i miss something or need to reflash.

I had to re-flash(the same copy,not another one) this latest from BZ(070811) a few times to get my phone to run smooth.I don't know what the problem was,even my backup from the 07012011 build didn't re load right.I got PHONE & KEYBOARD force closes (black screen,only a notification bar after escaping the unlock screen) when attempting to load both.I"m ONLY GUESSING that it may have been a network problem causing the phone to FUBAR on two separate ROMS.

My phone finally coughed up a hairball & is now running BZ 070811 @710MHZ,& NOT A SINGLE MHZ MORE,which,@710 is more than enough for what I use a phone for.

Reactions: intrdrgn
Upvote 0
thanx Nut, i flashed back, formated my card reinstall CM7 & now it shows right. your da man!

Congrats!!! and your welcome

I just flashed tha new bob cm7 07082011 all seemed well until i hooked my phone up to my desktop now it doesnt wanna read my phone sumtymes it works and sumtymes it dont any idea's whats going on?And by tha way ive never had this problem before after flashing a new rom til now!

uninstall and reinstall your drivers, works for me...

Yes, I broken USB mounting with my lastest kernel...will be fixed with this weekends build.
Sorry....

Note: In the mine time....try wifi file explorer https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorer&feature=search_result it will let you transfer file to your phone.

thanks bro...

Upvote 0
I had to re-flash(the same copy,not another one) this latest from BZ(070811) a few times to get my phone to run smooth.I don't know what the problem was,even my backup from the 07012011 build didn't re load right.I got PHONE & KEYBOARD force closes (black screen,only a notification bar after escaping the unlock screen) when attempting to load both.I"m ONLY GUESSING that it may have been a network problem causing the phone to FUBAR on two separate ROMS.

My phone finally coughed up a hairball & is now running BZ 070811 @710MHZ,& NOT A SINGLE MHZ MORE,which,@710 is more than enough for what I use a phone for.
i reflashing again right now. hopefully it will do the job.

Upvote 0
i thought i fix the problem, but it happen again. lastnight through this morning i t was showing Bob's latest, i've been trying to figure out my email issues & it went back showing 0514 what gives:thinking: i'm about to fling the phone out the window:mad:
When the 0514 build shows up...is it after the phone re-starting on it own?
I believe your phone my be pulling and/or using info from the RECOVERY_KERNEL and not my kernel. I'll re-build the recovery_kernel also for the next build....hopefully that will fix this minor issue.

Reactions: intrdrgn
Upvote 0
When the 0514 build shows up...is it after the phone re-starting on it own?
I believe your phone my be pulling and/or using info from the RECOVERY_KERNEL and not my kernel. I'll re-build the recovery_kernel also for the next build....hopefully that will fix this minor issue.
I think they flashed a old zip, I flashed yours and didnt get that lol.

Upvote 0
Hi guys im running CM7 05 21 11 ??? i think and i (was on tapout rom before) and i try to upgrade to 06242011 playful godds verison but it keeps rebooting after rebooting it did this 4 a WHOLE WEEK so i downgrade then tryed again same thing:mad::mad: idk???? but like every rom i try it does the same THING?!!!! besides the rom im on now cm7 052411??? and t side in its info that it would help tapout roms but idk i want to upgrade BADDDDD!!! but idk im on 710 mhz so i dont have a lazy ascend idt idk plz!!! HELP!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Upvote 0
Hi guys im running CM7 05 21 11 ??? i think and i (was on tapout rom before) and i try to upgrade to 06242011 playful godds verison but it keeps rebooting after rebooting it did this 4 a WHOLE WEEK so i downgrade then tryed again same thing:mad::mad: idk???? but like every rom i try it does the same THING?!!!! besides the rom im on now cm7 052411??? and t side in its info that it would help tapout roms but idk i want to upgrade BADDDDD!!! but idk im on 710 mhz so i dont have a lazy ascend idt idk plz!!! HELP!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

(*also i did NOT FORMAT MY SD CARD*)

Upvote 0

flash back to stock and start fresh...

Upvote 0
Sounds like you are hitting the fastboot combo of buttons (vol down, end, power) you need to volume up, send (the one to the left of menu) and power..

fastboot is used to flash to stock, install cwm recovery, etc from PC via without being rooted..

I appreciate the help however I have tried booting it both ways and using Rom Manager after it was rooted and CWM was installed. I even tried installing CWM using the PC and it still will not boot to recovery. If anyone else has any idea on how to deal with this please let me know. I wish I knew how to make it use it's original recovery and just reflash CWM.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the help however I have tried booting it both ways and using Rom Manager after it was rooted and CWM was installed. I even tried installing CWM using the PC and it still will not boot to recovery. If anyone else has any idea on how to deal with this please let me know. I wish I knew how to make it use it's original recovery and just reflash CWM.

Hi I am actually having the same issue. I tried doing a nandroid bu with rom manager, and got boot screen. And same when I tried to go into recovery. The only operation rom manager allowed was flashing cwm 3.0.0.5. That's it. I'm getting frustrated. I'd like to be able to just reflash cwm through PC and go from there. I thought rom manager would make it easier but it is making things much harder.:(

Upvote 0
I think they flashed a old zip, I flashed yours and didnt get that lol.
Hey PG, i flashed Bob's current one 0708, what is doing when i'm done shows Bob's 0708, while i'm arranging my app's i notice it lags a little & when i look i go to "About Phone" shows 0514, the last one i was using before i came to Bob's was your 0608. i'm trying it again to see. one thing i notice before Titanium kept updating alot, could that had been the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones