1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by isaacj87, Mar 20, 2011.

1. rockstrongo

rockstrongo Newbie

Anyone know a way to get the gps to pinpoint location on cm7 9/13? It's the only issue I have now.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. travioso

travioso Android Expert

All cm7 builds take awhile to pinpoint location.. Sometimes a couple minutes.. Navigation usually syncs quickest for me.. Just gotta be patient with it..

3. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Wait till you see how fast the Esteems pin points! ahaha

A trick to pin point it faster enable the wireless location box above the gps box. It help some people

4. Titowashere1

Titowashere1 Newbie

okay so i upgraded to the 0913 and i realized i wasnt receiving pictures from sprint and verizon users. then i flashed 0708 i think and i was getting pics from all users except for verizon.

5. ShinySide

Ive heard of a couple people having troubles receiving pics from certain carriers not sure what causes it and dont think anyone has found a fixx for it yet.

6. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Hehe rub it in why don't ya.. still waiting on fedex.. everytime a damn truck goes by i get excited for nothin lol..

but yeah enabling wireless location does speed it up to..

7. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Yeah its weird.. Had issues with HTC and Iphones for awhile but now out of the blue they work.. Think it may have to do with all the upgrading Metro is doing.. Thats just a guess though.. I always run APN Manager though just to make sure Metro is enabled..

8. Titowashere1

Titowashere1 Newbie

my friend has an iphone could that be the reason why? and my friend from sprint has a droid idk which on though and i wasnt getting the pics at all. and that was for the 09132011 update and then i flashed the 07082011 file and i wasnt getting pics from my friend who has verizon. i got pics from my gf who has att and then i was getting pics from my friend who has sprint. is it the phone or the phone carrier? also whne i flashed the 0913 file my phone kept rebooting and it kept foreclosing all the apps i opened.

9. ShinySide

I dont have an answer for the MMS. I never had the problem personally so Im not sure.

For the rebooting that could be caused by overclocking or when you wiped and formatted everything in CWR it didnt wipe everything. Also recommended to run fix permissions in CWR before rebooting after you flash the rom and the gapps.

10. Titowashere1

Titowashere1 Newbie

i didnt wipe everything. the only thing i wiped was the data/factory, the cache, and the dalvik cache, thats all. i didnt wipe anything else

11. ShinySide

Wipe all of that then go to mounts and storage and format everything except the sd card. SD Ext is okay to format but not the sd card itself. If you do it will wipe your sd card.

12. Titowashere1

Titowashere1 Newbie

and would that fix the rebooting? and the foreclosing? what about the mms?

13. ShinySide

Rebooting and FCs yeah. And for the MMS I have no clue. Like Ive said Ive never had an issue at all with MMS and never really flashed the MetrOff to fix the MMS issue for MetroPcs users and still never had problems. And others have had the problem but as far as I know theres no fix for it or sometimes it works and sometimes it dont.

14. Titowashere1

Titowashere1 Newbie

alright thanks

15. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

I have the same mms problem. It's with iPhones and Droid X2s. I read somewhere that if you change a setting from 1 to 1.2 it will fix it. I'm high and don't remember what setting. ..

16. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

feeling good huh? lol :D

Can0dope likes this.
  17. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

Always :-D

nuttmeg likes this.
  18. Ego6920

Ego6920 Newbie

Is there a headphone fix for cm7
    Yet.

19. ShinySide

As far as calls, no theres not.

Ego6920 likes this.
  20. musicfan266

musicfan266 Member

I finally took the plunge yesterday, and love having the playfulgod 7.2 mod for the ascend. It is awesome!! If you do decide to do it, make sure you download and use flash recovery version 3.0.0.5 I didn't the first time I tried and almost screwed up. Like someone else said read the directions carefully and us youtube as a guide, you will love the outcome!!

Download and manually flash with 3.0.0.5 Huawei Ascend
    ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

This is a great walkthrough video for flashing 3.0.0.5 recovery!!
    How To Flash Recovery For The Huawei Ascend

This is a great walkthrough video for installing custom rom!!
    Huawei ascend How to flash custom roms - YouTube

21. musicfan266

musicfan266 Member

Playfulgod

I am not wanting to sound like a butt kisser, but I love your mod (playfulgod cm7.2- ascend). It is a great compared to the crappy 2.2.2 stock deal. Can't wait for the next new and improved mod of yours.. I do have on question though.. I have found that the main hard buttons at the bottom of the screen disappear. I have to reboot the phone to get them back. Is there a way to fix that or did I do something wrong?

22. Shawnsac2000

Shawnsac2000 Android Enthusiast

I don't see us getting any new updates. So I customize my phone as much, as I can. I have Beats Audio/SRS, I also have Beats Audio Boot Animation, Music2-Beats.APK so when I play music the beats logo pops up on notification bar. Plus I have some apps that came out for Jelly Bean.