• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

So this legit works?
Sure does :D nutmeg and myself and a couple others have it working. If you have CM7 installed already just follow nettmeg's howto (he has a thread on it too) or if you are just installing CM7 feel free to use the link I provided until isaac updates his.

NOTE: Gapps will still need to be gotten from isaac's OP and installed.

CWM 3 will be needed to install the zip from my link.

Upvote 0
I uploaded a copy of the CM7-Ascend ROM with the mms fix applied and working. Only thing needed to make it work is:

1. Goto the app drawer and open Voice Dialer.
  2. Say 'OPEN A P N', a box will pop up with MetroPCS and Cricket
  3. Choose your carrier.
  4. Edit the username and enter you # where it says 'yourphonenumber'.
  5. Click menu and save.
  6. Enjoy mms on 2.3.3 Gingerbread!!

isaac please feel free to use this to update your links, as I did nothing compared to the work you've done on CM7. I just thought this would make it easier for some of the newbies.

Note: All credit goes to isaac and all those who helped him bring us CM7 on the Ascend!!! All I did with nuttmeg's (nuttmeg figured it out) help was get it installed and made a backup and zipped it :)

CWM 3 will be needed to flash this zip.

CM7 with MMS Fix!

Gapps will still needed to be downloaded from the OP and installed.
Ok. So I flashed CM7, now. I am still in CWM. I have installed CM7 zip but when I go to install the zip for the mms ... it aborts. What to do?

Upvote 0
Ok. So I flashed CM7, now. I am still in CWM. I have installed CM7 zip but when I go to install the zip for the mms ... it aborts. What to do?
if ur using my zip u dont need to flash the fix. its already flashed to ;)

otherwise you have to downgrade CWM to 2.5.1.8 to be able to flash the fix. Hence why I did this to make it easier on you all ;)

Upvote 0
if ur using my zip u dont need to flash the fix. its already flashed to ;)

otherwise you have to downgrade CWM to 2.5.1.8 to be able to flash the fix. Hence why I did this to make it easier on you all ;)

Im trying to flash your rom using cwm 3 but when i choose install zip it aborts, what can I do just flash back to previous cm7. I dont have a rom istalled currently because Im doing a fresh install and trying to use your zip but am having issues. maybe Im not wording myself right here...but I am getting kinda frustrated lol

Upvote 0
Im trying to flash your rom using cwm 3 but when i choose install zip it aborts, what can I do just flash back to previous cm7. I dont have a rom istalled currently because Im doing a fresh install and trying to use your zip but am having issues. maybe Im not wording myself right here...but I am getting kinda frustrated lol
what version of CWM u using? is it green or orange when booted into CWM?

Upvote 0
Yea it installs the original cyanogen mod fine but it aborts when I try and install your version
k I might have not flashed to CWM 3 like I thought lol. I will flash it back n back it up on CWM 3 n re-upload it. If you are aready got the setup to flash CWM 2.5.1.8 u may try that while I work on this.

Oh and sorry for the confusion, I'm taking of my dad who has stage 4 lung cancer thats spread to his bones, so I dont get much sleep.

Upvote 0
k I might have not flashed to CWM 3 like I thought lol. I will flash it back n back it up on CWM 3 n re-upload it. If you are aready got the setup to flash CWM 2.5.1.8 u may try that while I work on this.

Oh and sorry for the confusion, I'm taking of my dad who has stage 4 lung cancer thats spread to his bones, so I dont get much sleep.

No worries, understandable. I just wanted to to point out it did the same thing with 2.5 as well. I am not sure what the issue is but Its not a major issue I will just fix the apn info and flash the fix. No worries

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones