1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by isaacj87, Mar 20, 2011.

1. kaboomx

kaboomx Newbie

:( it told me my account is already registered and that I can't remove it, because it needs a primary account...

I guess I could install gmail, maps, etc manually.. =] There's no disadvantage to this?

EDIT: nevermind, it was only a checklist that would still force me to download from the market, haha I was stubborn and learned after doing factory reset ._.

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

factory is the huawei ascend FRIEND!!!!!

3. one80bysummer1

one80bysummer1 Well-Known Member

Im not positive but I'm pretty sure that was just for google maps, facebook, twitter..etc. You can manually download each of them if you want. I think the whole connect to wifi thing is a speed convenience. You should still have your market I think..

4. wicked1z

wicked1z Newbie

OK so here are my current problems. I am on the latest build. I can send MMS but I still can not receive them. After a couple hours I loose all data connections and have to reboot to get them back. I am also receiving 2 txt msgs at a time instead of just one (just like the day I bought the phone) but one of the most annoying things is it sounds like a quit ringtone going off every few hours with no way to cut it off except to reboot. Well I guess I have the worst luck LOL.

5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Sounds like you need to wipe and reflash lol

6. PlayfulGod

I dont get it lol

7. Deej029

Deej029 Well-Known Member

This is what it says...LMAO! No other info in it.

Ok guys. I have included an android pack for you to make CM7 better.
    It has new gallery app launcher pro etc to prevent you from having to redownload everytime thers also a wallpaper pack to some of these apks will improve speed like quickpic way better than stock gallery download the rar file then extract it to your sd card install as you wish thank you

subscribe

8. AndroidFan420

AndroidFan420 Well-Known Member

i cant even find system in root explorer
    any ideas?
    nvm found it just gotta get it there now lol
    ok mabye not can anyone tell me exactly where to put this file? and ow 2 get it there new 2 root explorer

9. PlayfulGod

/system/etc

you have to go to home.

Tokenpoke did the fix and used the settings that were in it afterwards n it worked. I'd tired that b4 you do sumtin that sounds like you've not done b4 ;)

U cant break stuff bad with root if in the wrong places ;)

10. AndroidFan420

i think im just going to wait on the fix i have had too many things go wrong and am getting info from diff ppl and its just getting harder to put together first i cant for the life of me downgrade to cm2.xxx its a pain in my ass i cant use rar files computer wont open the pos then theres the whole find that put this here if my head dont explode my wifes going to kick it in for lack of time spent with her so im done for now

11. PlayfulGod

Download Winrar, best app out for what it does.

Try this, flash the fix again, reboot, then open apn setting n just enable the one thats there on top with waps.metropcs.net as the APN.

12. nuttmeg

backup you rom first, just in case....

13. AndroidFan420

Stupid computer has a virus no anti virus eithr guess it really sucks to be me

14. nuttmeg

you can back it up with rom manager or CWM on your phone.

15. Dsanders77

Dsanders77 Well-Known Member

Noob Q, but how do you get a 5 icon dock on CM7 stock launcher?? I can't find the option anywhere.

16. nuttmeg

good q...i just use LP but there might be a setting in there,

17. PlayfulGod

stock dont think ya can unless you can drag em to it.

18. AndroidFan420

flashing the fix has never worked for me i cant even get the 2.xx cwr if i had the money id just buy a new phone

19. Dsanders77

Dsanders77 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just went back to ADW. had is on 6 anyway, so less work for me to restore. Lazy>Curious....

20. AndroidFan420

when i try to copy files to my sd it tells me i cant that its write-protected
    has any one seen this before? im not sure what caused this but im thinking it must have ben somthing i did

21. LifeSCORE

LifeSCORE Lurker

Everything works great until I have to reboot the phone...then it gets stuck on the cyanogen mod 7 boot up...I've re-flashed a dozen times...even went to CM6 to try to fix it...any suggestions?

Edit: I went back to the 4/05/11 build and it works without getting stuck on the boot up loop...but the MMS doesn't work. Can anyone provide some insight on this?

22. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

How long are you waiting for it to boot? Sometimes it takes a while.

23. nuttmeg

you need to install the drivers...ill upload it.

24. PlayfulGod

umm are you enabling usb storage on the phone after you connect it?

Open notifications, tap on the usb connected notice.