• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 | Last Version: CM7-Triumph-09182011 (discontinued)

ya check out the top post from tickerguy on his thread here http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...-tickerguy-edition-kernel-mine-9-18-a-13.html
it strictly states that due to ext4 being enabled on this build of isaac's rom you need the new version of cwm because
"Note that I am not enabling ext4 right now because it requires both a new clockwork and a data wipe as the kernel has to be changed and Clockwork has a copy of the kernel in it distinct from the booted and running system." - tickerguy

i had the cwm v4.0.1.4 and isaacs version flashed perfectly.....

Upvote 0
... I'll let the image explain everything

screenshot-1316474969547.png

Thanks Isaac, this is incredible!

what is your setup!!!!???? :thinking:

Upvote 0
what is your setup!!!!???? :thinking:

To be honest this test was run with the sd card removed. I didn't want that sh*tty stock card hindering the results, I wanted to see the phones raw power. Hence this massive score.
However that does not mean changes weren't made, even with my SD in the phone I'm still getting consistent scores around 4500, And for that I owe thanks to zeppelinrox and his wonderful work on the V6 Supercharger Script.

Upvote 0
Overclocking (especially at this sort of extreme level) is quite dangerous folks. Feel free to do it, but it's entirely possible to violate thermal limits in the processor (read: permanent damage.)

I know, I know, "I've never seen it happen." Just be aware of what you're doing and that there's a reason the chip is rated at 1ghz and not 1.9. 90% of the issue with performance limits on modern chips are related to internal heat dissipation.

Reactions: isaacj87
Upvote 0
Overclocking (especially at this sort of extreme level) is quite dangerous folks. Feel free to do it, but it's entirely possible to violate thermal limits in the processor (read: permanent damage.)

I know, I know, "I've never seen it happen." Just be aware of what you're doing and that there's a reason the chip is rated at 1ghz and not 1.9. 90% of the issue with performance limits on modern chips are related to internal heat dissipation.

This is very true. It's funny, TBH, I've never used overclocking. On any of the ROMs that I've used or made (Ascend, OV, MT, Nook Color), I don't use overclocking. I don't see the point. I think it's nice to show off benchmarking numbers, but never adds any day-to-day use value.

I think the best solution, and probably one that I'll use for any new builds, is to remove the OC kernel by default. For those who think they need the extra speed, I'll include a flashable package that works with CM7. This is how I've done it in the past.

For now, I think it would be appropriate to heed TG's warning. Given the shady quality issues of this phone, it might be best to not push it somewhere it probably can't go. ATM, there's no need to panic and start going crazy, but do know what you're doing to the phone.

Upvote 0
Nice to see you back, Issac. You're awesome :p

I was running this epic build on my phone, but it seems every time I try to add a Google account the app that I'm trying to add the account through crashes.

Example: If I try to add my account in Market when asked, Market crashes.
Gmail just crashes on its own every time I try to open it. Am I the only one experiencing it, or is it a problem with the ROM?

Anyways, your build is awesome :p scored 3109 on Quadrant at 1.804 GHz and ondemand.

EDIT: Update. Tried Youtube, get error message "There was a problem authenticating" when adding my account. Currently I have no integration at all with my Google account on my phone.

Upvote 0
Nice to see you back, Issac. You're awesome :p

I was running this epic build on my phone, but it seems every time I try to add a Google account the app that I'm trying to add the account through crashes.

Example: If I try to add my account in Market when asked, Market crashes.
Gmail just crashes on its own every time I try to open it. Am I the only one experiencing it, or is it a problem with the ROM?

Anyways, your build is awesome :p scored 3109 on Quadrant at 1.804 GHz and ondemand.

EDIT: Update. Tried Youtube, get error message "There was a problem authenticating" when adding my account. Currently I have no integration at all with my Google account on my phone.

Sounds like you didn't flash the Google Apps (gapps) zip file or something.
That happened to me once in another phone. If I remember correctly, it was because I didn't flash the gapps.

Just to be sure, install the ROM from scratch and when you're done flashing everything, flash the latest gapps, which you can download here.

Reactions: tusing
Upvote 0
Sounds like you didn't flash the Google Apps (gapps) zip file or something.
That happened to me once in another phone. If I remember correctly, it was because I didn't flash the gapps.

Just to be sure, install the ROM from scratch and when you're done flashing everything, flash the latest gapps, which you can download here.

Thanks! Fixed it. You deserve an internet. Anyone else experiencing the problems, do a Nandroid and install gapps.

Now all I need is the kernel and I'm set :p

Upvote 0
i also haven't had any wifi lockup problems on this build, and using barnacle wifi tether and setting my MTU thresh hold settings manually in vista wifi tethering works perfectly.

also i had the screen flickering problem going on and off while in a call, and i fixed this by simply going through CM7's setting - call setting - always use proximity. i also enabled left-hand mode. then i did a reboot and voila no more screen flickering while in a call!

Upvote 0
i also haven't had any wifi lockup problems on this build, and using barnacle wifi tether and setting my MTU thresh hold settings manually in vista wifi tethering works perfectly.

also i had the screen flickering problem going on and off while in a call, and i fixed this by simply going through CM7's setting - call setting - always use proximity. i also enabled left-hand mode. then i did a reboot and voila no more screen flickering while in a call!

Wanna try this so that you can avoid having to set your MTU?

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/416897-working-wifi-tether.html

Upvote 0
Gonna add GPS update??! Or you could just post the overclock kernel to flash with tickerguy's rom ;-)

I will discontinue builds and make a flashable OC kernel package for CM7. This is probably the best solution as it's redundant to 2 builds of the same ROM. Like I said, we're building from the same sauce.

Once everything is working hardware-wise, a simple repo sync will keep CM7 up-to-date with all the changes from upstream. My builds are no longer necessary.

I will continue to assist tickerguy in any way I can. I'm still adding this to the ROM itself. I'm still working on a upgraded GB launcher which should be very sweet. I'm glad I was able to play a role in getting CM7 on the Triumph. More importantly, I'm glad CM7-Triumph come so far in so little time. It really is amazing. :)

The OC package will be available in the first post later. I will bump this thread up when it is available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones