• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]Party Time JB 3.3

I'm sure plenty of people will be interested, quite a few of these phones have issues with Jelly Bean.

and hey you, Mr. KoRnKloWn, i really don't want to offend anyone especially someone like you who has been following for quite a while, i just make the ROMs how i make em...I really don't have a problem with anybody making any modifications to them, hell, if you wanted to just make modifications to this and post it up, you could, just give credit where its due...but i make the ROM for the way i use the phone if that makes sense...Yeah, i would like to have full vanilla, but until we figure that out, the samsung account still has use for me. It might sound arrogant or ignorant, but i'm just trying to make things better as a whole...if this doesn't make sense, blame it on me being 100% inebriated, I really appreciate your support man, and i don't want to offend anyone when i say things. I just want to make that clear, none of this would be possible without any of you guys, especially the ones that have been here for a while.

Reactions: ravollmer
Upvote 0
and hey you, Mr. KoRnKloWn, i really don't want to offend anyone especially someone like you who has been following for quite a while, i just make the ROMs how i make em...I really don't have a problem with anybody making any modifications to them, hell, if you wanted to just make modifications to this and post it up, you could, just give credit where its due...but i make the ROM for the way i use the phone if that makes sense...Yeah, i would like to have full vanilla, but until we figure that out, the samsung account still has use for me. It might sound arrogant or ignorant, but i'm just trying to make things better as a whole...if this doesn't make sense, blame it on me being 100% inebriated, I really appreciate your support man, and i don't want to offend anyone when i say things. I just want to make that clear, none of this would be possible without any of you guys, especially the ones that have been here for a while.

I know, before was just a request, but my last post was in reference to you making an ICS based rom for maxskills, just saying a lot of people would use it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried encrypting their device with this ROM installed? I've done it with a rooted JB stock ROM installed, but when I tried it with this one, the encryption process never started and the phone just got stuck playing the startup animation.

None of my JB backups would work because, even though I formatted the /data partition before restoring the backups, all my JB backups (and even a fresh install of this ROM) saw some flag somewhere which made it think that the /data partition was encrypted. But, since it wasn't actually encrypted, no password could possibly work.

Luckily, I was able to restore an ICS backup which worked just fine. But even after that, no JB backup would work because JB was sure /data was encrypted and no password could decrypt the unencrypted /data partition.

So, I restored ICS, encrypted /data, decrypted /data, restored JB, and all is well. Now, that I know how to fix the issue, I'm thinking about trying to encrypt again, but I'm hesitant because if the problem occurs again, my phone will be out of service for another couple of hours while I go through this process again...

Thus, my question... have any of you tried encrypting your phone while running this ROM?

Upvote 0
SB thank you thank you thank you for putting the Xposed installer on here. Omg its amazing. I'm modding my phone in more ways than I imagined. And everything is running smoothly. Thank you for all of your hard work.

I'm grateful for that, too! After playing with it on my phone, I ended up installing it on my Nook HD+ (running CyanogenMOD 11)!

I can finally watch my Ultraviolet collection through Flixster on my rooted devices thanks to RootCloak (from Xposed), which keeps Flixter from realizing that the device is rooted! Amazing!

Upvote 0
Actually, I should rephrase that. You can't use custom roms to fix the fact that is uses old Android versions because they have some changes under the hood to get their "hybrid calling". You can have custom roms, but they have to be based on the ROM that RW provides. Then again, we haven't done anymore here with the Reverb so it isn't that big of an issue unless you want to have fast update releases which is now a big selling point for Moto phones.

Upvote 0
Actually, I should rephrase that. You can't use custom roms to fix the fact that is uses old Android versions because they have some changes under the hood to get their "hybrid calling". You can have custom roms, but they have to be based on the ROM that RW provides. Then again, we haven't done anymore here with the Reverb so it isn't that big of an issue unless you want to have fast update releases which is now a big selling point for Moto phones.

Oh i see thanks for the rephrase.is this service available on the east coast i live in erie Pennsylvania?

Upvote 0
when compiling roms from source, it builds to the phone...you could actually use a sprint rom, but you would just be missing features...its kind of interesting, but you could easily port it to make it compatible with the republic! I purchased mine yesterday (2/28/14) and am expecting to receive it on wednesday (3/5/14)! I would again recommend this to everyone simply because of the price...I crunched the numbers, and even with the $300 price tag, you would still save money in the first year after buying the phone. If the price of the phone is the only thing holding you back, I urge you to reconsider seeing as to how it will still save you money to pay for the phone. also, like i said, you could save money by using that link i posted...it would essentially give you your first month free

Reactions: ravollmer
Upvote 0
I don't see why not. It is based on Sprint.

You can check if service is available in your area, but it should be if you are able to use VM...like siyangqiu said, it uses sprint as well...but yeah, on the website, if you click buy it will verify you can get it first so you can use that as a test, it just adds to the cart, it doesn't charge anything when you click the button haha...it needs your info to charge you hahaha

Upvote 0
me too...but i will always love her, i'll keep her in my heart until she dies and then i'll put her on display haha

I gave mine to my wife yesterday and i preceded to tell her what launchers ran good and what apps the phone didn't like and so on. After a bit of rambling she stopped me and said" its a phone your creeping me out" made her promise not to brick or harm it in any way. Lol

Upvote 0
I gave mine to my wife yesterday and i preceded to tell her what launchers ran good and what apps the phone didn't like and so on. After a bit of rambling she stopped me and said" its a phone your creeping me out" made her promise not to brick or harm it in any way. Lol

yeah, with my last girlfriend, we started dating when i still had a flip phone and i got my first smart phone like 3 months into the relationship...after i got my reverb about 2 months after that, the relationship quickly fell apart...hahaha...

Upvote 0
yeah, with my last girlfriend, we started dating when i still had a flip phone and i got my first smart phone like 3 months into the relationship...after i got my reverb about 2 months after that, the relationship quickly fell apart...hahaha...

I blame Samsung if the phone would of worked correctly to begin with i wouldn't of spent half the time i did on the thing. Kidding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones