• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] Party Time JB

Ok, so I noticed a few things with this ROM.

1) Just like the stock Jellybean, I'm still getting the screen touch freeze ups, and random reboots.

2) This ROM is way more snappier than the regular Stock JB

3) Disabling lock screen and gapps dont really fix the touch responce freeze-ups, just delays it. (on Stock JB and Party Time)

4) So far, I've noticed that this is way faster, snappier, and more responsive than Stock JB, but the screen freezes, and the random reboots really make me wanna go back to PartyTime 2.4...

Great ROM! Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
4) So far, I've noticed that this is way faster, snappier, and more responsive than Stock JB, but the screen freezes, and the random reboots really make me wanna go back to PartyTime 2.4...

I'm pretty sure the random reboots have to do with the power button sticking. I did a bit of Googleing when I first got my Reverb and the power button seems to be a big problem for most people, my recommended fix is to push it a few times or slide your nail across it until it comes off the side of the button to turn your screen on and off, I only use my finger instead of nail when I'm trying to get the power menu to appear.

Upvote 0
So um, yeah; downloaded Atrium 1.1 by way of my phone only, loaded it up and whaddya know... success again! Looks like I'll be downloading ALL future roms the same way. And as luck (or fate) would have it, the hard drive has "decided to retire", so NOW I gotta decide on what I want as far as a home rig. I'll probably just replace the drive itself & install Windows 7 and let the family use that, but as for my phone snafus, I'll probably use one of my old towers and put a Linux variation on it and use that for the phones. I'm not going to create a dual boot on the new drive because I don't want to create more issues for myself (A WISE man told me once 'dual boot usually ends with heartache)....

Upvote 0
So um, yeah; downloaded Atrium 1.1 by way of my phone only, loaded it up and whaddya know... success again! Looks like I'll be downloading ALL future roms the same way. And as luck (or fate) would have it, the hard drive has "decided to retire", so NOW I gotta decide on what I want as far as a home rig. I'll probably just replace the drive itself & install Windows 7 and let the family use that, but as for my phone snafus, I'll probably use one of my old towers and put a Linux variation on it and use that for the phones. I'm not going to create a dual boot on the new drive because I don't want to create more issues for myself (A WISE man told me once 'dual boot usually ends with heartache)....

As long as the hard drive is partitioned correctly with, for example, Paragon, then it should be fine for newer hard drives :) Older hard drives, though, definitely had problems with dual-booting XD

Upvote 0
Well, late to the party... literally, has a few questions.

Flashed the partytime 2.5, installation like a breeze, no problem. Thanks for your hardwork. The partytime ROM is much more smooth than the stock JB rom. I regained root by flash su...zip and busybox....zip. Everything works. no tether yet.
Had not try gps yet. Kind of wonder what is Atrium 1.1 doing here? Is it a kernel or some add-on extras? Sorry for the dumb question. But again, big thanks to SB for this ROM, it is my daily rom for the reverb.

Edit:
Take a spin with party time, gps logged on instantly, eye blinking, and stable throughout the trip, no loss log so far.

Mine is ICS stock ROM upgraded to JB stock ROM OTA, then follow the thread "welcome to jelly bean..." to get root and CWM, and then Party time and busybox/su. So far everything works, still look around for tether/hotspot.

bun

bun

Upvote 0
My thought is that Atrium is a hybrid,,,not exactly stock; but not derived from source, either. Whatever you want to label it as, it's far, FAR better than anything THIS noob <soxtober05;)> could pull off. I'm SOOOOOO wanting to learn this process, but need to teach myself a lot of stuff...not to mention get a working rig/rigs going to even be able to play around with!

Right now my daily driver is PT J.B.S 2.4. I've got 2.5 & SuperHelado on my sd card, as well as Atrium1.1; PartyTime 2.5 is not getting me MMS files, and that's a bummer for me because with a new grand-daughter, I'm receiving a LOT of pix. And Atrium is seriously wiggin' out with the GoogleNow update.

Upvote 0
I saw you were online and I have a question about the new rom, first off overall its amazing and fixed a big lack of storage space issue I was having and I couldn't be happier about that, but I am running into a lot of freezing issues. When I installed it I wiped davlik cache, did factory reset and installed busy box and super user. But I am still getting a lot of complete phone freeze ups during trying to change # of home screens via trebuchet and during working with certain apps. Please help?:thinking:

Upvote 0
I saw you were online and I have a question about the new rom, first off overall its amazing and fixed a big lack of storage space issue I was having and I couldn't be happier about that, but I am running into a lot of freezing issues. When I installed it I wiped davlik cache, did factory reset and installed busy box and super user. But I am still getting a lot of complete phone freeze ups during trying to change # of home screens via trebuchet and during working with certain apps. Please help?:thinking:

i would go in and literally delete from the sd card...like through my files, not root explorer...also, would you by chance happen to be in a complicated relationship with EragonShadeslayer?

Upvote 0
My thought is that Atrium is a hybrid,,,not exactly stock; but not derived from source, either. Whatever you want to label it as, it's far, FAR better than anything THIS noob could pull off. I'm SOOOOOO wanting to learn this process, but need to teach myself a lot of stuff...not to mention get a working rig/rigs going to even be able to play around with!

Right now my daily driver is PT J.B.S 2.4. I've got 2.5 & SuperHelado on my sd card, as well as Atrium1.1; PartyTime 2.5 is not getting me MMS files, and that's a bummer for me because with a new grand-daughter, I'm receiving a LOT of pix. And Atrium is seriously wiggin' out with the GoogleNow update.

why you gotta call me a noob? thats just not nice...i put in work for you so unless you want to do it yourself, then don't hate

Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0
why you gotta call me a noob? thats just not nice...i put in work for you so unless you want to do it yourself, then don't hate

Duuuuude!! Hatin' ain't my style...No way, shape of form do I consider you a noob! If I could do a QUARTER of some of the things that you done/did with this, or ANY phone, I'd be ecstatic!! ;)
I'd be usin' 2.5, 'cept for the PIX thing...can't get MMS to work; so I flashed back to 2.4

If you really did think I came across that way; my SINCERE APOLOGIES, SB, it wasn't my intention.

EDIT: Aaahhhh-ha! it's early, and I'm not fully awake, and I see where SB thought WHAT he thought...Yeah, bro the 'noob' ref. IS me, LOL!

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've tried a few different JB ROMs, but GPS wouldn't work on any of them. I use GPS for my morning walks, navigation, and for geotagging my photographs.

I could care less about MMS. I didn't realize so many people still used those until I saw all the comments about that feature being broken. I post my photos using Facebook, Instagram, or Google+, or I just send them privately via email. My wife and daughter are both using "feature phones", so I guess this would mean they wouldn't be able to send me photos, but that hasn't happened in a long time, so I'm not too worried about it.

If the GPS works, I'll be ecstatic! I kept reverting back to JellyBeanSandwich, which is a fantastic piece of work, but I kept feeling like I might be missing something.

Now I just hope someone will come out with a proper fix for the sdcard vs extSdCard issue these Samsung devices have. I've made a workaround using cron and a script using "mount -o bind" to essentially symlink certain large directories from the internal sdcard storage device to the external, but that's a hack. I really wish they wouldn't have set up a fake sdcard for us.

Upvote 0
I installed this ROM last night in the hopes that I could finally get JB on this phone with GPS working. I toggled the GPS setting off and on and was able to get a GPS fix after a couple of minutes. That's not nearly as fast as on ICS, but at least it seemed like it was working.

However, when I tried to get a GPS fix this morning, it wouldn't work. I waited for about five minutes and couldn't get a fix. I used a GPS app to reset the GPS and redownload the A-GPS data. I still couldn't get a fix. So, I couldn't use it on my morning walk and I assume that I wouldn't be able to use Navigation either.

I did a factory reset before installing the ROM. Any other thoughts?

Upvote 0
Guys, this rom has seemed to have bricked my phone...it just keeps boot looping and i have no idea what i am supposed to do. I can acsess cwm but the other rom i had on my sd wont wont install and the backup i have happens to be on my pc not on my phone so options?

update: No longer bricked, thanks to a good reply in a different thread i have super stock ics running on the phone. But no matter what i do i cant get partytime jb to flash correctly, it just loads the samsung icon then the yellow icon, then just a black background with the backlight on and repeat. Anyone else having this issue?

Update: The rom is now working on my phone. Thanks for the tip soxtober05, downloading it to the sd card was the trick. Now i have been using this for atleast a good 7 or 8 hours now and here is what i notice about the rom.
1. Its snappy, comparable to the stock rom. No noticeable slow down in mneus, home screen or non-graphically intensive apps. Games run a tad slower at times on this rom, usually its short live though, play long enough and fps should improve to acceptable levels. Games tested so far are temple run 2 and subway surfers, Gta 3 and vice city are on the list.
2. Most features are there, ability to change lockscreen and home screen wallpapers, gps works fine on first boot, 3g and wifi are working fine. Some things that are lacking though: Root (not that hard to obtain) Ability to use custom backgrounds in the sms app (since this is jellybean it should be standard for the stock sms app i believe.
3.Gliches: When trying to change the number of home screens in the settings, it will crash the launcher and restart (this can be avoided by using a third party launcher such as nova or go launcher) In the hours i have used the rom i have only had the screen to freeze once. I would then have to restart the phone, but it boots fast so it isn't that bad.
4. Web: Everything loads fast on Chrome (have not used stock browser) Pinch to zoom is flawless annd smooth, and there is no blurring effect when doing so.

If you guys want me to try any games or do any test let me know, ill keep this updated as i use the phone more. So far the best rom overall i have used. Maybe not the fastest (probably belongs to that one super stock ics), but for a JB rom its Damn fast!

Upvote 0
Anyone else having issues where the text messenger threads show a month instead of the day of the week?

For instance, a text I sent yesterday was dated "07/30/2013 October" (it should say Tuesday, not October)

And one sent today was dated "07/31/2013 November" (again, it should say Wednesday, not November)

So basically it's using month names instead of day names - anyone know what to fiddle with to fix it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones