• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom] X10 Eminence [For xRecovery]

Go to Manage Applications, then press the menu button, Filter, All, and you will see all your installed apps.
yeah i found it but theres nothing there to allow it to update or uninstall updates so my market is still on the old interface.
if theres a way to update it or allow it to update?
if not its no big deal, i might go back to the standard rom and use your theme instead, i cant seem to get my facebook contacts to sync properly either.
i love how the rom runs a lot faster, but a few things that are removed i miss lol

Upvote 0
yeah i found it but theres nothing there to allow it to update or uninstall updates so my market is still on the old interface.
if theres a way to update it or allow it to update?
Mines updated by itself so yours should have too. You could install it MANUALLY.
i cant seem to get my facebook contacts to sync properly either.
Have you reinstalled it?

Upvote 0
Mines updated by itself so yours should have too. You could install it MANUALLY.
i'll give it time and see if it updates but its still on the old UI
Have you reinstalled it?
yeah i installed the one from the market and also tried using the stock .apk and realised i forgot to fix a setting so thats my fault :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yes i have.. i oso instal n uninstall it again n again but still the same.(account information is not correct)
Have you reinstalled the Timescape Plugin Manager too? Might be worth a try if you haven't already.
Do you know were, and the name of the status bar background image is. I like it black like darkbar.
In the framework-res and it's called statusbar_background.

Upvote 0
I was just going to say that would be easier, but you need to be running .24 FW.

im on 2.1, generic flashed, rooted. no update found.

Do i need to reflash to nordic?

ScreenShot-11.png

Upvote 0
Well my email notification died once again... so since I had to reflash I loaded the Eminenance ROM. I'm very impressed...after removing the battery and rebooting the phone is very responsive...I never considered my phone laggy before but it's definitely smoother and faster now. A quadrant test showed my result go up almost 300 points from 400 and change to over 700!

The only problem is that the email notifications LED is not lighting up so I thought it might be the fact i'm an x10a and this is an x10i ROM but texting led notification worked.

Edit: while i'm posting I'm having some APN issues..going to reboot the phone...apn was working after manually inputting my settings. Weird.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the ROM but I really dont' know what it is because no one has ever been able to help me fix it. I might flash with the ROM again and test from scratch.

Anyways...i'm loving everything else about it...after a few visual tweaks to suit my own taste :) Thanks x10iuser for your hard work.

Upvote 0
Is there some feature or setting that disables APN when the phone sleeps? I have turned that off for WIFI but i just woke up my phone and after a few seconds it I saw the H appear...then I got my email.
Not sure about your last post, but you can disable the wifi sleep policy so when the phone is off it doesn't change to data. Settings - Wireless and networks - Wifi settings - Menu button - advanced - Wifi sleep policy - Never

Upvote 0
Not sure about your last post, but you can disable the wifi sleep policy so when the phone is off it doesn't change to data. Settings - Wireless and networks - Wifi settings - Menu button - advanced - Wifi sleep policy - Never

Yeah I did that. I mean that my APN seems to be going to sleep as well. Wifi disabled, APN enabled, phone active I'm getting my notifications for email, but if the phone is asleep they're not coming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones