• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

Please share, if you can, how you and alot others getting high CPUset without reboot. I know shouldn't expect more, but I'm at 729 (still have reboots now and then). I'm using Setcpu, SDbooter, SDTools, new updated ROM w smarta$$V2 governor, thunderstagefright. Just curious if there's anything else I can do to improve. TIA :) Also all we have to do is wipes and flash thunderstagefright correct, nothing else?

I've never done anything with stage fright, so I honestly don't know. I flashed reppards latest version of the ROM, and the gapps and beta 4 of the DT a2sd. I do have setcpu installed as well as sdbooster. I've never heard of sdtools. Even though I have setcpu, I really don't use it any more since the ROM has it built in. I just haven't bothered to take it off yet.

Reactions: DaniellieeE
Upvote 0
Did they also happen say there are no 3g coverage areas and they have 5 new android phones coming this year? This and talk of unicorns and leprechauns is what I hear when I enter my local corporate store. I started going to wirelesstoyz... lol

I've heard that rumor....awesome! 5 new phones that ONLY support 4g lte. I love my Optimus M and I doubt McDonald's and Starbucks will go bankrupt so that solves the crappy data problem.

There's one of every corner...those two stores own more street corners than all pimps combined.

LOL I almost forgot metros biggest fairy tale, 4G. I have a flip sprint dumbphone from like 5 years ago that got evdo rev.a.. faster than any metro 4g I've used, and the video streamed smooth enough to actually watch, over the cell...

ROFL LOL -alright too much- it's 1am and I'm laughing way out loud, but thanks again for the good laugh - hehehe too funny Omgosh :D

Upvote 0
I've never done anything with stage fright, so I honestly don't know. I flashed reppards latest version of the ROM, and the gapps and beta 4 of the DT a2sd. I do have setcpu installed as well as sdbooster. I've never heard of sdtools. Even though I have setcpu, I really don't use it any more since the ROM has it built in. I just haven't bothered to take it off yet.

Thanks for responding and for tidbit above -was wondering if to use setCPU within ROM or actual app :) SDtools was recommended thru app as free download, it's probably not needed.

Upvote 0
No need for any SD tools as Reppard has already set the SD speed to 2048kb. If you adjust that value anymore it will cause performance issues. And ANY time you change kernels or update to a newer one, recalibrating the battery is a must

Thanks for that info. I didn't know that he had set the sd card @2048 already. I will uninstall sd booster since it's not needed.

On a different note: I just realized that I can get rid of individual notifications by side swiping the one I want to get rid of. Is this new with this ROM, or something that's been there even on the stock ROM?

Upvote 0
My internal memory is 133 that is twice as much as I had on my sense rom I rebooted my phone and it seems to be a little bit more responsive but still too laggy to play any game oh and by the way does anybody know where I can get swype back on my phone
I've heard you can get swipe for free by signing up for their beta.
I use smart keyboard pro, its 1000x more useable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones