• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

reppard

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2011
Okay, I am going to attempt to have a nice, organized rom posting like the other devs on this site...

Developer: Blarf

Builder: reppard
Version: CM7.1-RC1-MS690-Reppard (09-03-2011)

Thank you too the following:
Blarf for getting this thing rolling. He is the master mind behind IHO so seek him out. Donate to him. And hopefully learn something! - I learned a lot by building this thing from source as opposed to my last effort at Cmod which was mostly just hacking a port.
Joneidy & Somedood81- Both of which sacrificed computers for this build!
BobZhome – for the liboemcamera.so from his build and his help with the scaling frequencies on the new kernel.
PlayfulGod - for help with the kernel.
Changelog

09-20-2011:
* Forked and synced up with PG's android thunderc kernel repo.
* Added smartassv2 and tweaked the config.
* Thank you to Playfulgod as this fixes any and all graphical issues.

09-15-2011:
* Added new drivers provided by Bobz to the kernel
* This fixes Screen Animations
* A2sd support added
* Wipe cache/Dalvik-cache and flash

Don't freak out if you get a black screen for a moment, the drivers have a funky effect on the red LG logo. I will revert the drivers back and try out PG's fix on the next build. Thank you to Bobz and PlayfulGod.

09-06-2011:

* Updated r.O.C.K kernel to v1.0 - This includes a new governor "smartassV2" by Erasmux. Seek him on github. Ported and tweaked by yours truly.
* Removed FM app per BobZ's suggestion as our phone does not have the hardware to use it.
* Removed languages other than engrish.
* Recoded my CMParts hack as it is not needed any longer.
* Minor cosmetic changes in menus.

09-02-2011:

• Fixed MMS - works from a fresh flash, no patch required
    • Added r.O.C.K - v0.3 kernel
    • Fixed CPU settings in the Cyanogen Settings > Performance screen

• Banner fixed – no more “Roaming Indicator Off”, now says “Cyanogen v7.1”(if you wanted it to say MetroPCS or frequently forget what carrier you are on, Metro has taken the liberty of plastering their logo right under the ear piece.)
    • Disabled the screen animations as default setting

Thanks again blarf!

Download:
CM7.1-reppard 9-20-2011
MD5sum: e2565c7b87e804171821ac5db990d6df

Gapps
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

Ok my question is , why does playfulgods version say cyanogenmod 7.2 in about phone and this says 7.1 .... what's the difference please eleborate

7.2 is exactly + 0.1. Thats about the difference. They are both built from the same base source. I could have posted 7.8 if I wanted too..

Only difference in the base src is I edited the version to reflect what CM is on 2.3.5 (which all 3 builds are).

Technically CM7.1 is 2.3.4 and Cm7.2 is 2.3.5. I updated my configs to reflect such it all. ;)

Other than than just personal taste/twist to the builds. :)

Upvote 0
Soon as I can get on a computer, I'll download and try it out. Can we flash it using RM? Or do you recommend going into recovery to do it?

Personally, I still use the GNM recovery, haven't tried to install RM. I guess it should work, its an update rom just like any other so you should be able to use whatever recovery you like.

Upvote 0
Soon as I can get on a computer, I'll download and try it out. Can we flash it using RM? Or do you recommend going into recovery to do it?

If you installed CWM with RM then you should be able to install with RM. If you installed a diff and RM isnt recognizing CWM being installed, then you will have to reboot into recovery to install.
Personally, I still use the GNM recovery, haven't tried to install RM. I guess it should work, its an update rom just like any other so you should be able to use whatever recovery you like.
Yup long as its not AMEND ;)

Upvote 0
Okay, I am going to attempt to have a nice, organized rom posting like the other devs on this site...

Developer: Blarf

Builder: reppard
Version: CM7.1-RC1-MS690-Reppard (09-03-2011)

Thank you too the following:
Blarf for getting this thing rolling. - I learned a lot by building this thing from source as opposed to my last effort at Cmod which was mostly just hacking a port.
Joneidy & Somedood81- Both of which sacrificed computers for this build!
BobZhome

Upvote 0
Ok so I guess theres no market app?.. so I downloaded the apk and installed .. but heresmy issue: when I open market it asks if I'd like to sign it or not,,,both options do nothing ..so when I try to add an account it gives me like a connection error. Everytime

Suggestions?,thanks

Market is included in this update i assure you. I have noticed some issues when switching back and forth from a2sd compatible roms to nona2sd roms before. Sometimes gapps dont show up. Be sure to wipe properly and reflash. Also with a fresh install it takes a few minutes for all the apps to show up sometimes. Other than that, I've flashed several builds as I have been working on this and Market is always there.

Reactions: blaxican25
Upvote 0
As soon as this rom is updated with a2sd I'm flashing over from the sense rom :) how bad is the lock screen on this rom?

With a live wallpaper it pops right back up, without simply tap the screen like always and it comes right up. I am still investigating these screen and animation issues...i can't really tell if its the rom itself or if there is an issue with the kernel. I know stock, rock, and every other kernel anyone else has compiled all have these issues. also you can add a2sd with the tutorial supplied on this forum.

Reactions: blaxican25
Upvote 0

I'm with you Reppard!! Why CHANCE a one click recovery when we all originally had to root our phones with like 20 steps! So a couple extra steps is not important to me.

Now that screen animations are off by default I'd say not too bad. When the screen lights up just tap it to see your lock screen. As for a2sd there's a flashable script you can use for the time being. Just google Dark Tremors A2SD to find all of the builds.

That was gonna be my next question, so just flash DT's A2SD after ROM flash? Also how about Stagefright?

One more question, how is the Battery life on this ROM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones