• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
can you elaborate on this please? you mean we need to use lgnpst in recovery mode and flash the phone with this new ROM???
what are the benefits of using this rom vs a regular stock rom?

thanks for the answer.

Okay basically this is a stock rom that you flash through the custom recovery (make sure to thank getitnowmarketing and andyo70). Place this on your sdcard and go into the custom recovery and flash away. You may have to rename the zip to update zip. my beta tester is off and away :D

Upvote 0
Flashed. Does not give root access when starting adb shell. Had to reroot with z4root.

Good to know i,ve got an update zip that fixes it. Im at school and will be home around ten eastern time. So im on my phone till then. Ive also got a boot.img as well.

What are the top five or so apps everyone wants me to remove?

Thanks again andy

Upvote 0
What are the top five or so apps everyone wants me to remove?

You're welcome.

That's a tough one. Some people may want things others don't.

I'd personally say definitely:

MobilePosse.apk - MyExtras

SNS.apk - LG Facebook and Twitter app (The ones for download in Android Market are better and have more features)

UNO_DEMO_LG_MS690_EN_NONIGP_MetroPCs_TS_307.apk - UNO Game Demo

Email.apk - Email app (Gmail is already installed as well, but the Email.apk I believe allows you to setup email for providers that don't have their own separate apps)

Upvote 0
You're welcome.

That's a tough one. Some people may want things others don't.

I'd personally say definitely:

MobilePosse.apk - MyExtras

SNS.apk - LG Facebook and Twitter app (The ones for download in Android Market are better and have more features)

UNO_DEMO_LG_MS690_EN_NONIGP_MetroPCs_TS_307.apk - UNO Game Demo

Email.apk - Email app (Gmail is already installed as well, but the Email.apk I believe allows you to setup email for providers that don't have their own separate apps)

I would keep the email app. I have SEVERAL email addresses. I use gmail of course, but the email app could be useful.

MyExtras -- the only thing extra seems to be ads.

UNO -- not free

Free Games -- not free.

OK, the ones I have bolded in black are the really annoying ones. :D There's EIGHT.
Apps safe to remove:

• Boingo_Wi-Fi.apk - Boingo WiFi
  • Email.apk - Email app - (I'm using this one myself)
  • LG-MS690_MetroBackup_1.27_PRODBuild_10082010.apk - MetroBackup
  • LGMS690_MetroNavigator_4.9.1_Build_57_10222010_rel_signed_PROD.apk - MetroNavigator (I use the Google Maps Navigator myself, but I still left this one on my phone)
  • LGMS690_MetroPCS_EasyWiFi_V4.0.90.apk - EasyWiFi (useful, don't delete. Gives you free access to over 500,000 hotspots nationwide.)
  • Loopt_Android_2.4.1_Oct.13.2010.apk - Loopt (I hate this one, but someone else might like it. I have no need for anyone to know exactly where I am. If I want them to know, I will use my PHONE to tell them. :()
  • Metro411.apk - Metro411
  • metroappstore-v1.3a.apk - MetroPCS App Store (in case you want something back you deleted from this list...)
  • MobileBanking.apk - Mobile Banking
    [*]MobilePosse.apk - MyExtras
    [*]Mocospace-1.2.4.apk - Moco Space
  • MPCS-MobileIM-0.4.24.2.apk - MobileIM
  • MVC.MetroPCS.android02.apk - Virtual Card
  • PEX-3.1.1.1-metro-rc.apk - Pocket Express (I used it a couple of times, but decided I didn't need it and deleted it. However, it's not on my MUST DELETE list. ;) )
  • PGA_Android.apk - Games
    [*]SNS.apk - LG Facebook and Twitter app
  • thinkdroid.apk - Think Free Office (potentially useful, don't delete)
  • UNO_DEMO_LG_MS690_EN_NONIGP_MetroPCs_TS_307.apk - UNO Game
  • z7-android2x.apk - Mail@Metro (someone might use their mail metro account?)

Reactions: fluttergirl378
Upvote 0
yeah i can definitey remove those. i also wanna get rid of that damn bootanimation everytime my girl would restart her phone i had to hear it.

You could use my Code:Optimus-M_boot.imgOops, Will fix and post soon!

change log:
- disabled the carrier splash screen and sound.
- added /data/local/bin to the path.
- added terminfo for nano editor.
- added busybox's run-parts execution command at boot.
- enabled ADB as ROOT
- enabled Debug Mode

Upvote 0
You could use my Code:Optimus-M_boot.img

change log:
- disabled the carrier splash screen and sound.
- added /data/local/bin to the path.
- added terminfo for nano editor.
- added busybox's run-parts execution command at boot.
- enabled ADB as ROOT
- enabled Debug Mode

Still hitting a wall with the display dude. Flickering issue is still present.

Upvote 0
Well It's here the first rom many thanks to andyo70 and getitnowmarketing.
What is it?
It's a stock rom that you can flash via the custom recovery that getitnowmarketing for your phones. You don't have to use lgpnst. Why a stock rom? That's how I start and then I move forward.

I need beta testers!! If your up from 10pm till whenever and you know how to flash through recovery and nandroid send me a pm with your gchat.

Changelog
v 1.0 stock with root

Download here
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

so this is the first rom i tho some else was doing the rom

Upvote 0
On this weekend I will give it a try. Not today because I have a lot of work to do and need my Optimus working all day. Yesterday installed the recovery, the Beta Kernell and the stagefright. My Optimus is Flying!!!! I really appreciate all your good work. Thanx

Beta kernel should be fully tested and not referred to as beta any longer I suppose. LOL

The un-beta should be on this page: http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html#post2131137

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones