• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM zip not recognized

Any ideas?

Using Bootstrap Recovery on Droid X. ADW launcher on Blur

Backup, no problem. Wipe, no problem.

When I go to SD card to install .zip, it is not recognized and all I can see are file folders. If I create a folder for the .zip, I can find and load it. I want to install a new theme and wondering if I am going to have to create a new folder each time or should Bootstrap be able to find it without the folder and why might it have been unseen in the first place.

Thanks,
AOE

I am a little strange, but I create a folder on my sdcard called ROM and then I create sub directories for each ROM:

ROM--
--Apex
--DarkSlide
--Liberty

I then put ALL of the things related to Apex, themes, add-ons..etc. into the Apex folder, all the things related to DarkSlide into the DarkSlide folder...etc. and this makes it very simple for me to keep up with what is what. Can be done via Astro File Manager, but I do it when I have my X connected to my pc.

I also download everything to my pc and then transfer it to my X while my X is connected to my pc. This gives me a backup copy of everything on my pc. Again, I am different. :) But makes finding things really easy for me.

Upvote 0
I am a little strange, but I create a folder on my sdcard called ROM and then I create sub directories for each ROM:

ROM--
--Apex
--DarkSlide
--Liberty

I then put ALL of the things related to Apex, themes, add-ons..etc. into the Apex folder, all the things related to DarkSlide into the DarkSlide folder...etc. and this makes it very simple for me to keep up with what is what. Can be done via Astro File Manager, but I do it when I have my X connected to my pc.

I also download everything to my pc and then transfer it to my X while my X is connected to my pc. This gives me a backup copy of everything on my pc. Again, I am different. :) But makes finding things really easy for me.
this is not strange my friend this is good organization,,,i do the same thing just through dropbox,,,it keeps my card from being used up and always available to sync;)

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones