1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by A7X Guy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. A7X Guy

A7X Guy Member

I have a few question about installing ROMs

1. What do you need? Cause I installed Odin and then something's didn't appear in the recovery place (the ROM and the other Clearing Option).

2. Which is the best ROM now? I want a good and cool looking ROM.

3. Is it safe? I know you have to know how to do it I know a YouTube video that shows you to do it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

1.Well the only thing you need is clockworkmod really. You can follow the instructions here to install it : http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/488848-odin-clockworkmod-recovery-not-compatible-rom-manager-yet.html

Now from there you are ready to install a custom rom. Now most roms run using cwm 5.0.2.8 and reqs oc kernel and use an ext4 filesystem so you would need to flash his cwm and recovery package that you can get from here :http://openzio.rtrnetwork.com/openzio/OpenAndroid/utils/CWM-5.0.2.8-Standalone.zip

2. I'm pretty sure people have different opinions about which rom is the best. After trying cyanogenmod i just wanna stay on it forever but since there are data and camera issues i cant stick with it but you can try it if you want. And i also think the top 2 rom's are mosnter 5.3 and OA 2.3.12. I've used both roms and I love them both.

3. Everytime you flash a rom you could mess up and end up soft-bricking your admire. But you can always restore a nandroid backup made through clockworkmod or reinstall the rom. And make sure to NEVER USE ROM MANAGER. It will hard-brick your phone to the point of no return so as long as you stay clear of that and oh yeah dont mess with system files you know nothing about. I've did that before and some thing we're permanently changed on my phone so just follow instructions and warnings to the T and you should be good to go

SnuggS likes this.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews