1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support ROM's, deodex and themes ?!?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chkmate, Oct 10, 2010.

1. chkmate

chkmate Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Ok...

Hope I'm in the right spot for this thread. Need support.

I have about 300 hours of reading in and I am still sitting with a Droid X, 2.2 OTA and no root. I know how to root with rootmyx2 1-click method, not an issue. Was rooted before 2.2 and didn't want any leaked versions.

I have every tool that I would ever need. Root Explorer, Titanium BU, ROM Manager and Droid X Recovery Bootstrap.

But I can't get a straight answer for what ROM's I can install with the 2.2 OTA and which ones deodex for me. I know the 928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME will deodex for you but from what I read you have to have a ROM first. So confused.

I read FlyX has been put on the 2.2 w/out deodex and others say you need it first.

I'm just looking for the easiest step-by-step instructions to get set up for themes on a DX 2.2 Official 2.2 OTA.

Like I said I read and read and want to make sure things are as clear as can be.

Thanks to any who read this far, Hats off:)

Advertisement

2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    Check this out, I wanted to do this last week and asked for help and got some great information. It worked great with no problems.

You already have a ROM with the 2.2 OTA on your phone. If you want to try and new ROM, which I have after I did my first theme you would want to put that on first and then the theme because adding a ROM with overwrite your theme.

Hope this helps.

3. chkmate

chkmate Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks so much!!! It's hard to get an answer anymore cause people are tired of hearing the same questions. Which I do understand. TY:)

One question. I know what mounting an sd card is. It should read it as soon as you unplug from computer. So is that all I have to do before applying the zip and after I place it on the sd card?

4. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    Correct, hook your X up to the computer copy the .zip file over your SD card (on the root of it) and then disconnect your X from the computer. Then you should be good to go.