• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Roms For The Fierce 2

Here's the onandroid backup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmx98d83ksg2zdy/Fierce2Onandroid.zip?dl=0

Dave.

Good Morning Dave

To use the onandroid script unzip the downloaded zip file.
take the onandroid.sh and copy it to /data/local or somewhere on the phone where it can execute.

If you use root browser you can copy it where you want with root-browser. (or ES File Explorer)
Then change the permissions to executable.
Then long press on the onandroid.sh (options to open the file will pop up)
Open the file as script and execute it.

The backup will copy to the sd card.

Primarily I will need the /data image from this backup.
For some reason it won't copy right with the DD command.

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I am very interested especially in the OT fierce 2 7040T because I got one here and it is bricked! it has already cwm chinese recovery and I wonder if it is stock or not! I can do backup in it (you can see it in the pic attached) All I need is if someone can help me how to unbrick it. It hangs in the boot screen Alcatel One touch fierce 2 powered by android!! I can access to the recovery fine but I really don't know what to do!
Sorry for my bad English!

Upvote 0
Here is the attachment pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-20-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-20-11.png
    138 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0
@Samual munroe

Did you make a backup of the device before you flashed the rom.

When it comes to the 7040T Pop Icon I know that the rom was built from the telus version.
The guy i made it for was in germany or russia somewhere like that. It was quite a fiasco for sure.

If you made a backup I could rebuild it to a rom.
If you don't have a backup we need to find a backup for the same device.

I'm surprised that the wifi isn't working because that rom was flashed by a couple of people and they did not have any problems. Only thing I can figure is you have a slightly different model so the wifi driver is different.

Upvote 0
Since I don't like to not give answers I will give you a high level idea.
The process all in all is complicated and would take a whole new thread to really explain.

But in a nutshell.

#1 Forget windows first of all.
#2 You got to use linux. preferably ubuntu.

So first requirement is you got to know how to use ubuntu and have the right tools for the job.

Second the flashing process that I have used for the roms posted here would make a good template.

I would start off with the 7040n rom that is posted here.

Look at each zip file and see what folders are included in it.

Download the backups posted by @Dasman.
Take the /data image from the onandroid backup.
Take all the other images from the first backup that uses my commands.

Replace the image files in the template 7040n zip files. Every image will need replaced by the new images. And the folders that arent images are created by mounting the backup image files in ubuntu and copying the files to the proper folder.

Example:
mount data.img and copy the files to the /data folder in the zip.
mount system.img copy the files to the /system folder in the zip
mount custpack.img copy the files to the /custpack folder in the zip

Then you need to recreate all of the symlinks because they will not copy.
So in the mounted images run the commands in the linux shell to find all the symilnks.

Open up the updater script in each zip file and check if all the symlinks are there.
If not you need to add them. Its easier to script it in the shell to have the script automatically create the symlink commands for you.

Then you need to make sure all the file permissions are set correctly.
Again this is in the updater script.

After that you need the source code from aosp. At least the portion for creating the keyfiles and you have to create the keyfiles.

Change the /res/keys file in the recovery to match your keys by using dumpkeys to dump the string from the .pem file.

That also requires unpacking the recovery.img and ramdisk to edit the ramdisk.
Then repack the recovery.img

Once you have everything packed back up in the zip files each zip file needs signed with your keys that you made.

There's code in the aosp source for doing this..

Really if you were even thinking about trying this go and get all the android kitchens and study how to use them.

If you miss one file or one symlink or one permission the outcome will be very bad.
If you don't make the keys right and sign the files right it just wont flash.

Believe me there are so many details that aren't mentioned here. It isn't as easy as you might think. It's a great way to learn to start developing. But it will require hours and weeks and maybe even months of reading and doing.

If you understand shell scripts and can write them you could download my Auto-Key script to do some of these things for you. I started to automate some of the processes. But auto-key needs some fixing so you would need to be able to read and edit my script.

If you don't know how to write shell scripts start by studying other peoples scripted programs. See what they do and how they do it. Then use the chunks of code to build your own code / scripts.

Sorry I don't have a easy answer for this.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I think I'm done man!
However thank you so much
I got one last thing: I ' ve tried changing the system.ext4.tar from @Dasman backup and the backup I've got in the chinese cwm! I also changed the nandroid.md5 of all the files to its appropriate and the restoration was successful but I don't know any way to restore the custpack.ext4.tar so my device doesn't boot, it only blinks after the bootlogo (it never happened before) so I concluded the restoration of the custpack is my last big challenge and I have no clue how to restore it!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
You have to restore the custpack and the data folder. For some unusual reason alcaltel puts some of the app libraries in the data folder. The cm recovery isn't set to backup or load the custpack folder.

My first question is do you know what command in the cm recovery is to install a flashable zip?

Don't give up yet. But the real question is can you flash my recovery.
The one that is posted here on this thread.

If you can get that flashed then I can help you out. I'll tell you if I had a quarter for every time I said that well.....
I'd have a nice HTC10.

Anyway the problem is without my recovery you cant flash my roms. Unless you can get root access in adb shell it could be difficult. Everyone ends up here after they have messed there device and by that time they cant flash my recovery to fix things.

Building the rom isn't a problem, I'm set up to do it. I've been busy building a kernel for the desire 626s.

I would say possibly over the weekend I can put the 7040T rom together.

But there is no guarantee. Either my rom will work. " as long as the bootloader version is the same as the backup"
Or it will be lights out. Forever Bricked. Keep that in mind when your flashing things with the cm recovery you could make the whole situation woorse.

Try getting my recovery installed and let me know how it goes.
This will be beneficial to other people too.

You get to be the tester. If the 7040T rom works good on your device others will know they can use it. If it kills your phone then I know I will need to fix something. There have been some successful flashes here with my roms but there have been a few not so pretty flashes as well.

Considering the situation your device is in if it works you got a bonus.
If it don't work you haven't lost a whole lot.

This is still the only solution that exist on line to repair these devices.

Let me know if you want to try. Get the recovery flashed and I will send you a test file.
The recovery and test file will not cause any problem.

When it comes to flashing the rom.
Just remember......it could go either way,

Upvote 0
The other thing I never asked either.

There is a alcatel 7040T that is a one touch pop icon.
and a alcatel fierce 2 7040T. and Fierce 2 7040N.

We need to know for sure without a doubt which one you have.
We need the build.prop file from the custpack folder.

What dose you boot logo say you have.
My bootlogo says Alcatel One touch Fierce2 and it is 7040T ....
The other thing I never asked either.

There is a alcatel 7040T that is a one touch pop icon.
and a alcatel fierce 2 7040T. and Fierce 2 7040N.

We need to know for sure without a doubt which one you have.
We need the build.prop file from the custpack folder.

What dose you boot logo say you have.
You have to restore the custpack and the data folder. For some unusual reason alcaltel puts some of the app libraries in the data folder. The cm recovery isn't set to backup or load the custpack folder.

My first question is do you know what command in the cm recovery is to install a flashable zip?

Don't give up yet. But the real question is can you flash my recovery.
The one that is posted here on this thread.

If you can get that flashed then I can help you out. I'll tell you if I had a quarter for every time I said that well.....
I'd have a nice HTC10.

Anyway the problem is without my recovery you cant flash my roms. Unless you can get root access in adb shell it could be difficult. Everyone ends up here after they have messed there device and by that time they cant flash my recovery to fix things.

Building the rom isn't a problem, I'm set up to do it. I've been busy building a kernel for the desire 626s.

I would say possibly over the weekend I can put the 7040T rom together.

But there is no guarantee. Either my rom will work. " as long as the bootloader version is the same as the backup"
Or it will be lights out. Forever Bricked. Keep that in mind when your flashing things with the cm recovery you could make the whole situation woorse.

Try getting my recovery installed and let me know how it goes.
This will be beneficial to other people too.

You get to be the tester. If the 7040T rom works good on your device others will know they can use it. If it kills your phone then I know I will need to fix something. There have been some successful flashes here with my roms but there have been a few not so pretty flashes as well.

Considering the situation your device is in if it works you got a bonus.
If it don't work you haven't lost a whole lot.

This is still the only solution that exist on line to repair these devices.

Let me know if you want to try. Get the recovery flashed and I will send you a test file.
The recovery and test file will not cause any problem.

When it comes to flashing the rom.
Just remember......it could go either way,
My bootlogo says alcatel OT fierce 2 and yes I can find how to flash flashable zip in my recovery!
So if I can flash and boot your recovery into my phone there will be a chance?
I'm wondering how to flash it! I tried changing the recovery I got from the chinese cm backup to your recovery but the md5 do not match so unsuccessful! I really don't know what to do now! Is it possible to build a flashable zip to flash your recovery via my cm recovery?

Upvote 0
Also I got this in the recovery log and I'm totally surprised:
Starting recovery on Thu Jan 1 00:12:58 1970
framebuffer: fd 4 (540 x 960)
欢迎使用安卓中文备份恢复系统

感谢支持:Kyle

恢复文件系统分区表
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
1 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 (null) 0
2 /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 (null) 0
3 /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 (null) -16384
4 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 (null) 0
5 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 (null) 0
6 /custpack ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 (null) 0
7 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1 0
8 /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 (null) 0

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /external_sd during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
Warning: No file_contexts
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.boot.console=ttyHSL0
ro.boot.hardware=qcom
ro.boot.bootloader=L2C27070AW00
ro.boot.emmc=true
ro.boot.serialno=fd22cef6
ro.boot.baseband=msm
ro.serialno=fd22cef6
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=msm
ro.bootloader=L2C27070AW00
ro.hardware=qcom
ro.revision=0
ro.emmc=0
ro.factorytest=0
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=adb
ro.build.id=JDQ39E
ro.build.display.id=cm_a860e-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39E eng.yitian.20130506.002150 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.yitian.20130506.002150
ro.build.version.sdk=17
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.2.2
ro.build.date=2013�� 05�� 06�� ����һ 00:22:32 CST
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=yitian
ro.build.host=yitian-virtual-machine
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=a860e
ro.product.brand=lenovo
ro.product.name=cm_a860e
ro.product.device=lenovoa860e
ro.product.board=a860e
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Lenovo
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=msm7627a
ro.build.product=lenovoa860e
ro.build.description=cm_a860e-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39E eng.yitian.20130506.002150 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=lenovo/cm_a860e/lenovoa860e:4.2.2/JDQ39E/eng.yitian.20130506.002150:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=default
ro.cm.device=lenovoa860e
ro.rommanager.developerid=cyanogenmod
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.cm.version=10.1-20130505-UNOFFICIAL-a860e
ro.modversion=10.1-20130505-UNOFFICIAL-a860e
ro.config.ringtone=Orion.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=Deneb.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Hassium.ogg
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.adb.qemud=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
init.svc.ueventd=running
sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.adbd=running
sys.usb.state=mass_storage,adb

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
SD 卡可用空间: 3187MB
备份 boot ...
备份 boot 完成.
备份 recovery ...
备份 recovery 完成.
备份 system...

bugreports

备份 data 完成.
备份 .android_secure...

备份 .android_secure 完成.
备份 cache...

log
last_log
last_install
备份 cache 完成.
没有发现 sd-ext . 自动跳过备份 sd-ext.
生成MD5值...

Upvote 0
@mayer45

Well now...its amazing sometimes how much you can learn from a simple log file.
We need to see if you have adb access to the phone.

Do you have adb loaded on your computer?
Do you have a computer?

This is the second time I have seen something like this and I want to get the files off of your device.
I'll explain in a minuet.

Based on your boot image I would think you do have a Fierce 2.
Please pull the battery out and check the labels on the phone.

So heres what im talking about.......

ro.build.product=lenovoa860e
The recovery you are running is for the lenovoa Model: a860e

ro.boot.bootloader=L2C27070AW00 ( ---->>> mentioned earlier about matching the bootloader <<<-----)

This little bit of information is also a part of the command line that the BOOT.img contains.
I want to pull your boot image and see if you are in fact running lenovoa software.

ro.build.fingerprint=lenovo/cm_a860e/lenovoa860e:4.2.2/JDQ39E/eng.yitian.20130506.002150:eng/test-keys

This is the rom that the recovery is made for. The question is if this is the rom thats running on the phone. IT COULD BE.

ro.cm.version=10.1-20130505-UNOFFICIAL-a860e
This tells us that this is actually a CYANOGENMOD PORT.

Even though your phone is currently broken..........if it is running cyanogenmod.........maybe we can fix the cyanognmod rom on your phone. Then the rest of the community will benifit by having cyanogenmod to run on there phone.

Your recovery is Clockworks Mod Recovery.
It kinda sucks that you may have wiped out the original cyanogenmod files by trying to restore backups.
And thats why wifi is not working.
The wifi driver isnt loading.

I think your kinda lucky cause by now if you werent running cyanogen on the phone it most likly would be bricked by now.

Upvote 0
Hi buddy! Sorry if it's just now that I'm here again! I have an exam to prepare so you know...
Well! sure.. it begins to be quiet exciting! I don't lose hope again after I read carefully what you've said above! So my question is what should I do now? Maybe should I try to find the cyanogen rom mentioned in the recovery log and flash it?
I don't possess any computer at this time but if it is really needed I may find! (sorry for my bad english again... hope you can understand)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones