• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROMs Froyo] Upgrade your Xperia X8 to Froyo 2.2

sry if too many question i asked, but tis is the last..

erm.. my phone cant open the andriod market page after i pressed the icon

its important.. cos i wanna dwld apps, etc thru the market....
any1 who know the solution pls post a reply as fast as possible...
thank u...

Hi,

you need to clear cache.
start up xRecovery and clear your cache.

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Hi

If your Android Market is working do not update... it will update by itself.
Only if your Android Market is not working and you have rebooted your phone at least 5 times... you can use Root Explorer (installed by the ROM) to install Android Market 2.3.4

Have you tried..
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application><Install location><external>

then try to move an app... like an app you have installed from Android Market?

I know ALL the Apps that have been installed by the ROM CANNOT be moved to SD card. e.g. GMail, Facebook, LauncherPro, Maps, Quadrant Advanced, Root Explorer, System Panel...

p/s

If all else fails NUKE
<xRecovery> Full Wipe
<SD Card> Repartition FAT32 > No Name > Format SD Card with Xperia X8

and RE-FLASH... re-boot [skip setup wizard]
go to <Settings><Privacy><Factory data reset>

HI i just installed the floyo with xrecovery and all, my market version is 2.something dont know exactl(its working perfectly) and it auto updates to 3.4.4 and after the update.. fail... it force closes i cant open it...., only when i uninstall the updates it works, but any time i open the market it autoupdates any help?? what to do? ty :)
P.S. i also tried downloading BSplayer, MXplayer,Vplayer but none of these work it cant open it says error something, ended unexpected and it only opens .3GP movies with the default player(it's called movie or sth like that) and even then it gets little laggy. what to do?? ty :)

btw i have xperia x8 rooted and flashed FLOYO 2.2.5 baseband xxxxxxx015(previously 06, i flashed it so i can instal 2.2) kernel 2.6.29... dont know if this helps u :)

Upvote 0
HI i just installed the floyo with xrecovery and all, my market version is 2.something dont know exactl(its working perfectly) and it auto updates to 3.4.4 and after the update.. fail... it force closes i cant open it...., only when i uninstall the updates it works, but any time i open the market it autoupdates any help?? what to do? ty :)
P.S. i also tried downloading BSplayer, MXplayer,Vplayer but none of these work it cant open it says error something, ended unexpected and it only opens .3GP movies with the default player(it's called movie or sth like that) and even then it gets little laggy. what to do?? ty :)

btw i have xperia x8 rooted and flashed FLOYO 2.2.5 baseband xxxxxxx015(previously 06, i flashed it so i can instal 2.2) kernel 2.6.29... dont know if this helps u :)

Hi,

I not sure what's wrong with froyo-2.2 these days.

I think you can do one of two things:
1) reflash Froyo and this time use xRecovery <factory reset full wipe><clear cache>
2) flash Gingerbread rom (I have been using GingerXperia v14 for the a few months now)

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,
Because my s/e x8 phone was having charging problems I took the plunge and installed the froyo 2.2.1

I have no problem with the rom but it has not solved my charge problem.:(

Now for the million dollar question... I would like to put my phone in repair under warrenty.
Obviously I have to reset it, I have got pc companion on my pc and astro file manager and xrecovery on my phone.
Could someone please tell me if this is possible and if so what is the best way to go about it.
I also have my orginal phone sd card data saved onto my pc but as lonbg as i can get it back to factory settings this will be good enough for me.
Yes, I've been a silly boy...:eek:
Can anybody please point me in the right direction to do this.
TIA, Tom.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Because my s/e x8 phone was having charging problems I took the plunge and installed the froyo 2.2.1

I have no problem with the rom but it has not solved my charge problem.:(

Now for the million dollar question... I would like to put my phone in repair under warrenty.
Obviously I have to reset it, I have got pc companion on my pc and astro file manager and xrecovery on my phone.
Could someone please tell me if this is possible and if so what is the best way to go about it.
I also have my orginal phone sd card data saved onto my pc but as lonbg as i can get it back to factory settings this will be good enough for me.
Yes, I've been a silly boy...:eek:
Can anybody please point me in the right direction to do this.
TIA, Tom.

Hi,

Complete reset for your Xperia X8:

1) backup SD Card to PC
2) run PC Companion [select software section]
3) connect mini usb to phone
4) hold back button of phone and connect usb to PC
5) PC Companion will detect Xperia X8 in recovery mode
6) PC Companion will re-install official Android Eclair 2.1.1 on your phone
7) format SD card using Xperia X8 smartphone

Troubleshooting:
1) PC Companion does not detect Xperia X8 smartphone when usb connected
a) check USB cable
b) check USB drivers for Xperia X8 is properly installed
c) check Xperia X8 has at least 50% battery life

gabe

Reactions: Tommy Timebomb
Upvote 0
thamks for all ur support i installed froyo 2.2 v 1 the issue and problems i faced 1st it works ok wzz me i got a very hard problem rote explorer show with a force close message and when android market updated too google play store it doesn't work i have to uninstall updated to back to version 2.3 to work i try to clear data but in vain and apps in my phone when i updated it through market don't work again tell me force close? plz need help in this issue

Upvote 0
Hey, why does my phone reboot on incoming calls? Ive already did wipe dalvic cache, wipe cache and that stuff. Any ways to fix it? Because i prefer froyo, because it can run more games than ginger.

Hi,

I have no idea what went wrong...
All I can advise is to re-install Froyo.
Make sure you wipe everything... using xRecovery before you flash custom rom. Sometimes it can be because you have some corrupted data in the .android_secure and/or Android folder that might cause these fc problems. it might help to reformat your sd card and start all over again.

1) factory reset (full wipe)
2) Wipe cache partition

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have no idea what went wrong...
All I can advise is to re-install Froyo.
Make sure you wipe everything... using xRecovery before you flash custom rom. Sometimes it can be because you have some corrupted data in the .android_secure and/or Android folder that might cause these fc problems. it might help to reformat your sd card and start all over again.

1) factory reset (full wipe)
2) Wipe cache partition

gabe

Thanks, ill try doing that again ;)

Edit: It works fine now :)

Upvote 0
Hi gabe (and all the rest),
I have an Xperia X8 but the baseband version ends up in 006. As you said the phone started boot looping at the hackdroid logo. I made a backup of my default ANDROID ECLAIR 2.1.1 with the xRecovery tool and then restored it. However, after the restoration, after boot no PIN was prompted for my SIM card. It turns out that I have no network coverage - the phone's main function - giving and receiving calls is corrupted. When I go to mobile networks, it simply says - ''The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly" Moreover, it also says baseband version - UNKNOWN. Can this be the problem? Or can you give me any guidelines what to do in order to restore that essential functionality of giving and receiving calls? Thank you very much in advance.
Regards: George

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones