• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROMs post 2.2 release?

Opivyattack

Nov 16, 2009
So I already rooted my phone and I am considering upgrading to 2.2 using one of the available cooked roms but it seems that a lot of people are just using these roms to hold them over until the official 2.2 release. I'm curious about how the development of 2.2 roms will work after froyo comes out officially. Will people still be working on new roms to fix bugs in the 2.2 release or to make it better (ie fixing bt issues). I'm just trying to decide if I should do unrevoked forever or just wait for the 2.2 release which should be out soon enough. Also, are the roms that are out already using the leaked 2.2 or are they using the 2.2 incredible source code which I believe was already released? Or a mix of both? And if I sound like an idiot it may be because I am lol.

I just looked at SkyRaider's latest post and it mentions a version 3.0 of his ROM (obviously this is not gingerbread) so it is pretty clear the devs are still working/tweaking/etc. the ROMs.

Question: If I've used Unrevoked Forever, can I not install the update once pushed from Verizon? I don't really care to because the SkyRaider ROM has been excellent so far and I like of the features of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones