• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM's that I am Making and am in need of testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalloggi

Sep 27, 2013
DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICES IN WHICH ARE HARMED IN THE PROCESS YOUR DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP AND GET READY TO TEST PORTS.

The rom's i need help testing for the ports i am making are Cyanogen mod 11 (android 4.4), slim bean,IOS, and maybe some others that people want me to work on.

If you're interested or have any ideas for ROM's message me.

**MOD NOTE, THE OP HAS INFORMED US THAT HE IS SWITCHING DEVICES AND IS NO LONGER DEVELOPING THESE ROMS**

There is a app on linux that builds cyanogenmod roms for any android device,does the app really work?

I have never heard of such a thing. ROM development requires compiling code, having device specific drivers for the radio, screen, camera, and other hardware bits. cyanogenmod doesn't include any of this by default, they have the be compiled in by the developer making the ROM.

For what it's worth, I have a thread going on the cyanogenmod forums to try to get development going on this phone, thread here:

[Request] Zte Avail 2 - Device Requests - CyanogenMod Forum

I have contacted ZTE for source (as others have apparently done), their response was to request this through AT&T, which I'm about to do. But my belief is that per the license they are required to provide this source to the end user (us), a request through AT&T should not be required.

Reactions: FourZer0
Upvote 0
I have never heard of such a thing. ROM development requires compiling code, having device specific drivers for the radio, screen, camera, and other hardware bits. cyanogenmod doesn't include any of this by default, they have the be compiled in by the developer making the ROM.

For what it's worth, I have a thread going on the cyanogenmod forums to try to get development going on this phone, thread here:

I have contacted ZTE for source (as others have apparently done), their response was to request this through AT&T, which I'm about to do. But my belief is that per the license they are required to provide this source to the end user (us), a request through AT&T should not be required.

Zte is a PITA about giving out code. it held up a lot of stuff in the original avail/merit forums.

You guys should start with the stock ROM and start doing some interesting stuff with it. It seems hard at first, but due to androids open source nature, you can probably find out how to do whatever you want if you try hard enough.

Upvote 0

Do you know where I can find a stock rom? I'm going to try the method where you take an official version for a phone with the same resolution and processor, and modify the build.prop a bit. Only issue is, I need a stock rom to do so and I can't seem to find one. (It needs to be deodexed, the only one I found is odexed)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones