• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROMs Thread

My 1+1 is on injured reserve ATM,however,I just installed the latest CM11 Nightly 100414 on my OPPO FIND 7 & experienced problems w/the keyboard not coming up,GOOGLE NOW voice input came up instead.

So,unless you don't mind checking it out for yourself on the 1+1,make sure you've got a back-up just in case things get fugly.............

Upvote 0
I just grabbed 0928 and I'm loving it. Swype has issues, but that has been the case for me for a long time :(
Great ROM. Maybe I'll update someday, but not until I hear of another that many agree is next to, if not flawless.

Very sorry to hear about the phone Kolio. Any word on RMA?

OnePlus attempted a remote restore yesterday,still the same/same,persistent AUDIO FX errors immediately after boot,making the phone unusable.

They said they're looking into the issue & have kept the ticket open.
About 48 hrs response time,I can live w/that.

Whether coincidence or not,they sent me another 3 invites to give out this morning.........

http://androidforums.com/6740129-post114.html

Just another quick BTW on the CM Nightly 100414 on the OPPO FIND 7:

It actually uninstalled my SWIFT KEY app.I still had the same issue of it not showing up,only voice search/GOOGLE NOW when attempting to enter text in any text field.

I was able to revert to a backup from the day before,so all is good....

Upvote 0
My 1+1 is on injured reserve ATM,however,I just installed the latest CM11 Nightly 100414 on my OPPO FIND 7 & experienced problems w/the keyboard not coming up,GOOGLE NOW voice input came up instead.

So,unless you don't mind checking it out for yourself on the 1+1,make sure you've got a back-up just in case things get fugly.............

I just grabbed 0928 and I'm loving it. Swype has issues, but that has been the case for me for a long time :(
Great ROM. Maybe I'll update someday, but not until I hear of another that many agree is next to, if not flawless.

I just loaded up CM11 Nightly 100414 on both my OPPO FIND 7 & N1 & it looks like 3rd time is the charm,running w/o any weird keyboard errors/disappearing acts.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say it's safe for the 1+1,just be advised to always have a backup ROM ready to go,the usual precautions when ROM flashing...........

Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0
I'm not having the problem anymore.
After a 3rd install attempt, all is well.
1st 2 attempts resulted in SWIFT KEY being removed from the phone, very strange.
Tried using the native keyboard also & had the voice search/GOOGLE NOW pop up in place of the keyboard.

Was going to update & factory reset, but, the 3rd install attempt went smoothly, nothing out of the ordinary.

Upvote 0
CM11 M11 is out for Bacon :)

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon

Still waiting for an official changelog. Thanks for the tip, Kolio :)

Thought you'd like to update your post w/this:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m11

October 8th, 2014 • Written by ciwrl
CyanogenMod 11.0 M11
Hot off the presses, the 11th M build of CM 11 is making its way to the download portal. With it comes the latest round of bug fixes, improvements and features to our Android 4.4.4 codebase. A high-level changelog is provided below – take a look!

For our nightly users, to avoid conflicts on taking this update please do not apply an M11 build on top of any nightly beyond September 30th, as that was when this code was branched for testing and verification prior to release.

M11 Changelog:

* New Devices: Galaxy S4 Active (jactivelte), Galaxy S4 SK I-9506 (ks01lte), Galaxy S5 GSM (klte), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (picassowifi), Galaxy Player 4.0 (ypg1)
* Re-introduce Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G (apexqtmo) support
* Fix signal strength showing ’2147483647′ on certain devices
* Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
* Lockscreen: Do not play sounds while a phone call is active & MSIM updates
* Frameworks: Add base & MSIM APIs for SEEK (Secure Element Evaluation Kit) support
* Frameworks: Fix volume button changing two ‘steps’ per click
* Frameworks: Add ‘Screen Off’ action for double-tap/long-press configuration options
* Show devices connected to your WiFi (tethering) Hotspot
* Fix bug related to ‘switch to last app’ action while in Recents view
* Fix Navigation Bar arrow keys in RTL locales
* Translations updates from CyanogenMod CrowdIn team
* Adjustments to ‘Glove Mode’ (High Touch Sensitivity)
* APN Updates for various regions
* Camera: Add support for all available Slow Shutter speeds (hardware dependent); Improve shutter button
* Dialer/InCallUI: Fix smartcover always showing answer fragment
* LG G2: Address GPS and NFC issues
* Base support for HTC Desire 816 & HTC One Mini 2 (pending nightlies)
* Various security updates
* General bug fixes

The Device Status page on the wiki be updated tomorrow to reflect all the devices that received a build, and any reasons why some devices may have been skipped.

Happy Flashing!

-The CyanogenMod Team

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
What is everyone using nowadays? I love the DPI change in the Slim builds so they have been my daily drivers for about 2 years now. Anyone have any recommendations for a good daily driver with the ability to change DPI? I was thinking of one of the sabermodded roms or even giving MAHDI or JEDI a run through.

Upvote 0
I ran color for a bit, and slim too. Really liked skim fir the dpi too, but couldn't get the cm11s camera to work on it. Now back to stock rooted and still not happy with the sick camera. I could've sworn that it used to be more consistently solid on 33 and before.
Thinking about trying Mahdi or MIUI.

What did you like about Mahdi, Kolio?

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
The same one we had talked about before is the only one I have tried:
OnePlus One Color OS ROM [Update Links] -- Currently 2.0.11 Beta
But supposedly there is another version coming in the same thread, hopefully soon.
I might try it again if that is the case.
Not sure why it didn't work for you, but I have no other reason to use color besides the camera. Even fully updated, there are little glitches in contact recognition, paid app history, and maybe a couple other small things I can't remember off the top.
My first priority is functionality, but close second is the camera.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I remember that one,ran it briefly if memory serves me correctly.

This is the one I tried later on (& during the down/bricked time) that wouldn't flash properly:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-4-3-coloros-v-2-0-0_beta.79203/

Before I'd bricked my 1+1,I couldn't get it to flash in recovery.

During the bricktime,I loaded via FASTBOOT & it wouldn't get past the boot screen.

As you stated,other than the camera,nothing significant to COLOR O/S to go back to.

Was curious as to if the COLOR 2.0 was up to KITKAT,but,apparently not,even more of a reason to pass on it.

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Too dead in here for me. Anyone in here enjoying lollipop? I tried one a few weeks ago and I only lasted a day. I've given it another try with a different build from a different dev. It's not just these changes but the more time these devs have, the better it becomes. New build has constant updates. Been about a week of usage with no reboots or errors except for a force close of my reddit app one time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones