1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bower123456, Feb 20, 2011.

1. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

well ive got my phone rooted and ive now tried oxygen and gingervillen roms but didnt think much of them so gone back to stock as it seems better all round.
    can anyone recommend any roms, im not to sure what im after, i want something slick and exciting is there any roms like that?

Advertisement

2. kuobob

kuobob Member

My favorite is Leedroid, but you may want to try out the desire hd ports like reflextsense hd.

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Hd port it is then. Insertcoin

4. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

was going to try that but i cant get the download link to work

will give leeroid ago
    cheers

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Main drawback with LeeDroid is that it's a better stock ROM - a few extra apps, some under the hood tweaks, but may not be different enough to be exciting.

The InsertCoin download link was working for me a minute ago.

For the Gingerbread ROMs you need an alternative launcher, but then you can try those out with any ROM.

Also, nobody has mentioned Miui yet. I've never used it, but that certainly does have a different UI.

6. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

any chance you could give me the direct link cos when i click on it it just takes me to page 53 for some reason
    im having probs downloading leeroid too it keeps stopping downloading before it should do so theres only half the file there, ive downloaded it 3 times the first it said it was complete on 120mb the next 156mb and the third 130mb it should be 166mb dont know whats goin on
    cheers

7. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

Im using RcmixHD, its very fast as im getting 2300 on quadrant. Also it has much more memory if you use the D2EXT.

8. SUroot

Data2ext overlays the /data file system onto sd ext which gives fake quadrant scores, hence your 2300 score. It's down to cache writeback

9. Hadron

VIP Member

I just tried one of the links from here, which is just the download link from the first post of the thread. That's the trick of course - the download links are always in the first post. But looking at the thread is also handy, to check whether people are having any problems with particular releases (sometimes happens).

There was another poster recently who was having trouble downloading LeeDroid - like you, the downloads did not complete. Don't know why, since it would download completely for me. In that case they were able to download it directly to the phone, even though their PC wouldn't complete the download.

Edit: Just completely downloaded InsertCoind 1.8h, so that link is working for me.

10. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

thanks for that downloading 1.8h now
    is there any reason not to download the newest version, 9.1?
    cheers

11. Hadron

VIP Member

I don't use Sense, so have no experience of these. I chose 1.8h for a download test 'cos I vaguely remembered people using that one. I'd read the XDA thread and see what experiences people have with the 1.9 version (good or bad) to see whether that would be better.

12. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

13. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

Interesting, in theory i presume the A2SD version should be quicker than the D2EXT?

14. bower123456

bower123456 Newbie

right got insertcoin goin and i quite like it
    only thing is is the htc hub doesnt work is this a known fault cant find anything on xda

15. SUroot

Yes in my experience but quadrant will say.less

16. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

That's what I was expecting but I have found the D2EXT quicker. This is on a unbranded class 4 card, I have ordered a class 6 which hopefully should improve things.

17. SUroot

I've a class 10. When I moved back to a2sd I was astonished at how much faster it felt. No lag unlike data2sd

18. No_u

No_u Android Enthusiast

How many GB is that class 10? 2GB?

19. SUroot

20. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

What make is it? Kingmax?

21. SUroot

22. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

Miui makes me feel queezy. Way to close to iPhone for comfort.

Tags: