• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Any guidance from the Pro's around here on ROM's that will work, to try, links, etc? I am thinking of trying my hand at theming and would like to know which popular ones are being developed that will work on Triumph. Didn't see Triumph listed on the site for CM7, so just wondered what was available, if any. Thanks for your patience.

There is no customer recovery yet for the Triumph, so as I understand it, the flashing of ROM's is not possible at this point.

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
Yea alot has to be done for you see any custom rom on the triumph.

1.Clockwork or some kind of custom recovery
2.A Dev thats willing to make a rom(that either uses the phone, or yall donate one to them)
3.Sources from motorola released(Main one kernal sources is need for CM7)
Gotcha. I'll bet it will happen soon enough either here or at XDA. Keep seeing MIUI and CM7 notification bars that I want, so for now I will try to be a model of patience.

Upvote 0
Well you can theme those notifications on to it. But you going to a stock copy of the rom, and that's what im trying to find myself. See cm7 and miui run of gb 2.3.4. Now there are cm6 and miui build that are froyo based. We need a custom recovery, and then you will probably see cm6 first than cm7, unless there's a GB leak for triumph.

Upvote 0
Without the requirement of a contract, it seems like this would be easier to do than some other phones....
Just need some folks to donate $$ to cover the phone cost ;-)

I wouldn't say that this phone is just going to jump into development in the next month. Prepaid phones always have a slow dev mainly because its the crowd they attract aren't really romaholics. We need to contact a old OG droid dev and see if we can contribute donations to buy a dev a triumph. Because waiting on some dev to buy this phone and make roms may or may not happen for some time.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't say that this phone is just going to jump into development in the next month. Prepaid phones always have a slow dev mainly because its the crowd they attract aren't really romaholics. We need to contact a old OG droid dev and see if we can contribute donations to buy a dev a triumph. Because waiting on some dev to buy this phone and make roms may or may not happen for some time.
I would chip in for this - perhaps if we keep the thread active others will agree to do so. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones