1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Swainsmith82, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

I tried out a few roms and have decided I don't want any of them the way they are so far. Bobz was okay but couldn't get it into recovery to flash gapps which I didn't know I needed til after I flashed. I booted into recovery but it did nothing but restart, so I tried moving the apk into the system and ended up bricking again. The collab rom was way too basic and I can't stand third party launchers like apex might as well have stock, but the aroma installer was nice. PG's Paranoid Android was my favorite so far but way too unstable. Looks like I'm sticking with my tricked out stock rom for a while.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JJ_Azevedo

JJ_Azevedo Android Enthusiast

ive been on paranoid for awhile now its the most stable cm10 out there and im still loving it

3. AquerMang

AquerMang Well-Known Member

Development will get better when we don't have to rely on 2nd-init.

4. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

you have to spam the volume key to get into recovery

5. Swainsmith82

I did that it just kept freezing up on lg logo then just restarted. It's all good I'm just going to stay focused on trying to help find a way to get this damn bootloader unlocked. Then if we do I'll start trying out some full roms.

6. Swainsmith82

I was just messing around with my bricked phone with bobz in it. I turned it on and kept tapping the volume down rocker and it went into morning call is empty. Then i pulled out the battery and restarted it normally. It started the cyanogen mod bootloop again. How am I being able get a morning call and boot loop at the same time?

7. I want your tricked out stock rom. I've come to the same conclusion.

8. What all did you do your phone ? Could you provide a link? What firmware are you on? Maybe you could wipe your phone, do a backup, and post a link.

9. Swainsmith82

Im on firmware F. All I've done is add jellybean transitions, crt animation off, I've removed only the necessary bloatware, deleted all ring tones..notifications..alarms I don't ever use, I have fully working Google Now for ICS, changed out charger sound, screen lock/unlock sounds, new shutdown and boot animations with power off and on sounds, I have the themed messaging..contacts/phone I made and released on this forum. Plus a few other personal tweaks, my rom is very unique to me so just tweak yours to your preferences..

10. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Android Enthusiast

i doubt the bootloader will ever be unlocked at this rate tbh, we'll be stuck with 2nd init forever

11. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Android Enthusiast

Is the can call volume low how about gps and mms?

12. JJ_Azevedo

call volume still low, gps i dont use and mms its works

MotoTriumphant likes this.
  13. Swainsmith82

Gps did work for me there was just a tricky way to do it. I don't remember how though.

14. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Android Enthusiast

Anyway to fix low call volume?

15. JJ_Azevedo

not that i know of

16. hammerdroid

hammerdroid Well-Known Member

I'm not a total noob, but I'm not sure i understand what 2nd init means...

Haven't rooted yet, but planning on it soon. Removing bloatware is always reason enough for me to root. I do like custom roms, but based on your conversation, think I'll stay with one if the stock roms, but let me get this straight- there's no recovery? Or what its it? I don't understand what 2nd init is...

17. JJ_Azevedo

2nd init gives you recovery. theres an 2nd init app thats lets you install recovery to your device but the down side is that you can only access the recovery menu by the app

18. hammerdroid

Oh, ok. So theres no unlocked bootloader anymore?

19. JJ_Azevedo

as of right now no.

20. Swainsmith82

With 2nd init. you can only download custom roms over the stock kernel. With a true recovery you can flash full roms with custom kernels. If you plan to remove bloatware be cautious, and I wouldn't remove all the bloatware that is "safe" to remove. Just because you CAN remove doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD. A lot of folks end up having trouble with their phones that I never experience. I think this could be do to the fact I don't remove all bloatware just because it can be. If you really want to save system space delete useless ring tones and notifications from system/media/audio/ ringtones or notifications.

21. Swainsmith82

No there never was. Sammyz thought he had it but it was a mistake...

22. NexoGamerz

NexoGamerz Newbie

If we had an unlocked bootloader, the possibilities would be endless :)

23. hammerdroid

I don't do it just because i can, i do it because if i can't or don't use it, i don't want it!

24. Swainsmith82

I understand I'm just saying some things work to assist other apps and phone features. So while some(not saying you) may think they don't use it and the fact that it won't brick by removing it it's fine to remove. Just because it won't shut your phone down doesn't mean it isn't needed is all I'm saying.

25. hammerdroid

Yea, i get that. Isn't there a post about which ones are safe to remove?

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews