1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ROMTools flashing rom help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LintLicker, Jun 4, 2011.

1. LintLicker

LintLicker Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    I downloaded and installed ROMTools v2.3.1, have all the lg drivers installed, my phone is rooted, in USB debugging mode, and I have aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img in the roms folder of ROMTools. When I click 1 to "Flash ROM to phone" I get this message:

Press any key to continue . . .
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    cannot create /cache/recovery/command: permission denied
    cannot create /cache/recovery/command: permission denied
    reboot: Operation not permitted

This is my first android phone so im still new to flashing roms and stuff. As far as I know everything should be ready for an easy flash, but ROMTools just messes up. Not sure what is wrong. I tried also option 5 "Push ROM to sd card", but 20 mins later it got nowhere so i had to unplug and restart my phone. It then got into a boot loop but i was able to work it out.

edit: Every tutorial says to first create a backup in case something goes wrong and then flash, but I don't see an option to backup in ROMTools. Also, what is the deal with the dalvik-cache? Some guides say Yes wipe, others say No, and still others say it doesn't matter if it is wiped.

Advertisement

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Read, read, read. Have you rooted the phone first? Have you installed a custom recovery?
    If you are using ROMtools to root, make sure you rename the recovery.img to vrecovery.img in the recovery folder in ROMtools. If you are not rooted and do not have a custom recovery, you cannot install a custom rom. From what you posted, it sounds like you tried to jump right into a custom rom without doing your homework. Make sure you read and understand ALL the instructions and follow them exactly or you risk bricking your phone.
    PS. If you do succeed in getting AOSP on your phone then do not use the factory/data reset in the privacy menu, you will brick your phone. Always wipe from the recovery menu.

3. LintLicker

LintLicker Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Ok so how about this: I renamed "aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img" in the ROM folder in ROMTools to "rom.zip" and renamed "recovery.img" to "vrecovery.img". My phone is rooted, i've done step 2 "flash recovery to phone" sucessfully, all lg drivers are downloaded and installed, and phone is in debuggin mode, Do you think I should go ahead and try again, or could i be missing another step?

4. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    The .img file you have there is the recovery aosp recommends for flashing the aosp rom. What you need is the rom file, which will be a flashable zip file. If you will check this thread it will show you what you need to get aosp up and running.

androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/348642-help.html#post2779210

Tags: