• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root a Z3 Compact on iMac?

Henrik Sommer

Apr 18, 2015
Hello.
As this is my first post on this forum, I will just tell who I am and what The background I have.
I have been a DIE HARD apple geek since the very first iPhone came out, and have ONLY had the iPhone since my Nokia 6600 classic.
I have pretty much everything in Apple, for example iMac.

I stood yesterday and could not justify to myself needing another iPhone, and the choice fell on Z3 Compact when I in tests saw that it was the one that was closest to the iPhone 6, and was physically a little smaller.

Well my question.

I would like to roote my phone. I want the FULL android experience.
All my iPhone´s has been jailbroken, and love to mess with things you must not: D
Have searched a bit on google, but appeared only I can find guides to roote where you need a windows computer :(

Is there really nothing OSX program that can do it?

Hope there is a nimbly member will help a android n00b: D

Maybe not. As you've probably seen, this is the popular and preferred method -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/how-to-root-backup-drm-keys-t3013343

And it does assume use of Windows tools for working the root exploit.

If you can root just by unlocking your bootloader and using conventional Android SDK tools, then we can help with the Mini-SDK, good to go with a Mac -

http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

I haven't rooted any of the Sonys, so I don't know if a conventional method with the Mini-SDK is possible - but if so, that will help with that part.

Best luck!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones