• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root acces on L3?

Allrighty. Now i am SU, an Market enabler works.. so far so good.

but then
for wireless tether you need custom kernel with netfilter enabled...

Would that be possible on L3?.. If yes - what do i have to do?

And then another thing. i would like to get OpenGL working. But i'm apparently not having adb root access so i cant replace the libhgl.so..

I've read somwhere that:
"SU doesnt mean you have a adb root there for the remount command will not work
you can only use adb remount if you are in recovery or have a rooted kernal

SU is not a rooted kernal its logged in as super user but its still restictive as if you use ADB when device is booted in normal and you type adb remount it will tell you you cannot do it on live operation"

But i cant do a "adb remount" when i am in recovery mode (android system recovery V0.4.4 --- Galaxy Version ---)

Can anyone help me out with all my questions...

Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0
Would that be possible on L3?.. If yes - what do i have to do?

Install custom rom (drakaz' Galaxo). But be aware that Galaxo was built with II5 "in mind". But still, it'll probably work with L3 too (haven't tried it though, so can't tell you for sure).

And then another thing. i would like to get OpenGL working. But i'm apparently not having adb root access so i cant replace the libhgl.so.
But i cant do a "adb remount" when i am in recovery mode (android system recovery V0.4.4 --- Galaxy Version ---)

Odd. That always worked for me from recovery (also 4.4). What error do you get? Is adb deamon started as root (adb root)?

Upvote 0
Install custom rom (drakaz' Galaxo). But be aware that Galaxo was built with II5 "in mind". But still, it'll probably work with L3 too (haven't tried it though, so can't tell you for sure).

Odd. That always worked for me from recovery (also 4.4). What error do you get? Is adb deamon started as root (adb root)?

Thank you screamingbug... I don't think i dare to install galax0, don't wanna mess it up again :) (i've done that a lot)

... But then again - i really liked the teethering.
If anyone have tried it out, i would like to hear from you.
Does anyone know if it'll be possible to use the phone as a wired modem instead maybe?

I tried adb root again - and i worked just fine... So i really don't know what i did wrong the first time :).. So now the libhgl.so is copied over. And it works as usual.

Hey, a fellow Dane! Welcome to the forum! :D

How is the paid Market working for you? What country are you pretending to be in? How do actually pay for apps? Sorry to spam you with questions...! :p

Hi KlaymenDK
Thank you :)

The paid Market is working just fine. I'm pretending to be in US (T-Mobile). The payment is pretty straight forward - just a click or two extra in the market. You just need to activate your google checkout account with a credit card at http://checkout.google.com/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones