• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root access denied

frox

Lurker
Apr 1, 2012
Okay so just a few hours ago after I updated my razr various root applications which were allowed root access before the update were denied root access. For a while superuser itself was denied root access. I've attempted to reroot (preform the same steps which rooting required), factory resetting, toggling the developer mode, and restarting.

One thing I've noticed is that the superuser binary file is out of date, 3.0.3 rather than 3.0.3.2. Whenever I try updating it will allow access to superuser, then in the listing where it states "allow root:" it will fail.

At this point nothing is prompted to have root access allowed and having auto allow on does not help. Nothing is added to the list aside from superuser.

I appreciate any and all help

EDIT: I've also tried replacing the su file manually.

Okay so just a few hours ago after I updated my razr various root applications which were allowed root access before the update were denied root access. For a while superuser itself was denied root access. I've attempted to reroot (preform the same steps which rooting required), factory resetting, toggling the developer mode, and restarting.

One thing I've noticed is that the superuser binary file is out of date, 3.0.3 rather than 3.0.3.2. Whenever I try updating it will allow access to superuser, then in the listing where it states "allow root:" it will fail.

At this point nothing is prompted to have root access allowed and having auto allow on does not help. Nothing is added to the list aside from superuser.

I appreciate any and all help

EDIT: I've also tried replacing the su file manually.

Welcome to the forums, frox. I placed your question/thread in the RAZR All Things Root area for you (linked to in the post above ;)).

More folks with root answers here.

Reactions: frox
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones