1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root root access question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jay0920, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jay0920

jay0920 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Ok so i recently rooted my phone its a 2.2.1 stock. And honestly im super duper noob when it comes to this. I used the 1 click root thingy. It did everything it installed superuser nd everything. Thing is that when i try to delete tha bs metro installed it wont allow me. I checked to see if tha phone was realy rooted using root checker from the market and it says that it is. Im trying to delete tha bloatware with File Expert and according to Superuser it says it has root access, ive tried reading every thread I can think off nd I see nothing lol, someone help plz,lol

Advertisement

2. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    I'm not too familiar with that program but if it's anything like root explorer you need to make sure that it's set to rw rather than ro, which gives you the option to edit files normally you wouldn't be able to. Also check to see that super user has allowed access to that program and not blocked it

3. det1726

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    Might I also add from the other post I made that I completely understand your sense of urgency in wanting your issue dealt with however patience is of high importance when you are being offered the type of support that you can get on this sight for free. There is never a need to post duplicate threads in 2 different forums, eventually someone will see your first one and answer, example being me.

4. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Titanium Backup can backup, uninstall and reinstall bloat. This is why you see it all over the Optimus M forum. I haven't even heard of File Expert or seen it while browsing the Market.

5. jay0920

jay0920 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Det1726-im srry for the duplicate thread, its just that im posting from my phone and it wouldnt show my thread in the forum so i thought something was wrong with this subforum so dats why i posted again in the main forum, but anyway while using file expert i did choose that option nd it still wouldnt allow me.

Darnell-thank you for ur reply aswell, i had used TBU But it wouldnt delete anything so i "unrooted" the phone and rooted it again and tried it again nd it seems to be working!! :) thank you. Hopefully if i need to inroot it again just incase i need a diff phone i can restore everything :) now i need to figure out how to install a different rom :)

6. jay0920

jay0920 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Again im super noob lol srry :(

7. det1726

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...-video-how-flash-custom-roms-nand-backup.html

Personally I use the sense rom and havent noticed a single bug but you can read around the forums and you will find everythng you need to root...just look for the search tool if you get stuck 99% of the time any question you have has been asked and answered, goodluck.

Tags: