• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Access Question

There's many points. Take a look here at what you can do with root.

As for safety, well.. I've not heard of a single case of anyone 'bricking' their phone and not being able to get it back to a usable state.
Cool thanks

and you have to use a modded rc33 update and it will erase everything currently on your system?

Upvote 0
Nope, you'll have to load the newest update yourself.
thanks again, im ask rest question here

1)how would i get a new update if one does come out
2)will the phone look the same after your done?
3)can i still reset it if I want to back to factory default and can i still go on market and work phone as normal?
4)can you post link to have to do root access and if the post does not include, add the rc33 update files i need for the root access (i want to make sure if i do root access it wont be getting files off an old post)

i think of more questions soon and thanks for answering all my question bro uaslly i dont get answers on these forums please dont quit on me now ;)

Upvote 0
1) It will be all over the internet when it happens - usually just copy a file to your SD card, wipe if necessary, and load it up.

2) Pretty much the same.

3) Yep.

4) Here's a link to the updates themselves, and the process to do it.

So if im reading it write and a summary your have to reset your phone downgrade it then root that downgrade and then upgrade it with modded rc33 update?

but something confuses me... the second link you gave me has the links and instructions but the first link you gave me confuses me whats it for? are those more better current update files or what?

Upvote 0
Pretty close. The dance sort of goes like this...

Stock RCXX -> RC29 NBH Rollback -> Add recovery image and SPL -> Root and choose the update you want.

The first link has all of the latest updates you can flash once you've gotten past the recovery image/SPL step.

this stuff still confuses me a little its gonna be kinda hard for me but im try
if i mess up my phone how can i reset it? (thats if somehow I cant load up the phone)

and the first link has latest updates is the rc33 the only update i need off the first link since the rest I have no clue what they are, do i just follow the directions on second link and use the updates from first link? sorry but im new at this, not new at computer but am on phones and this stuff ;) also last thing what does flash mean?

Upvote 0
Does rooting the phone lock it? I use a three sim (UK) in my G1, and really don't want to have to get it unlocked again if i go root. I saw on the youtube video guide that it locks your phone. Boo indeed if that's true.

Thanks

Does not unlock ... DIDN'T Unlock mine !! Different process to unlock ...
If you are on T-Mobile not reason to unlock...

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm following this guide to root my G1, I've done everything is has asked me to do, when i get to the telnet "localhost 23" bit i keep getting an "error while connecting to server: localhost127.0.0.1:23 - connection refused"
"error while receiving from server: null"

no matter how many times I retry the tutorial it never gets past this telnet bit...
I've no idea what to do now.

rooting my G1 isn't even a challenge, Its near on impossible. nothing is working, I'm starting to thing my handset might be faulty...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones