• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root access requests don't get any reply from superuser

gugg1

Oct 16, 2012
Hey guys. I got an issue with superuser.

superuser does not respond when any root apps ask for root access anymore. I tried TitaniumBackup, Link2SD and some of the rootcheck-apps like GotRoot? . TitaniumBackup for example says "Asking for root rights" but does not get a response from SU - SU does not show any requests for root permissions either (simply does not respond to those requests at all).

A few days ago SU granted root access without any problems.
I have been trying to set up Link2SD on my phone for weeks now. Apparently it did not work since partitioning the card did not work on my own pc.
While I was trying to mount the second partition Link2SD got always the root access but was not able to mount the sd card.
Yesterday I managed to partition the SD card correctly but now SU does not grant rights to any app anymore.

Thank you so much in advance!

sorry for asking so many questions:

but my phone was already rooted when I got it.
So I dont know if it got custom rom or not.

What I do know: It is rooted and superuser is installed.

Since I want to unroot my phone before re-rooting it, I need to know if there is a custom rom installed.

Thanks in advance.

settings say:

Android version: 2.3.4
Build number: GINGERBREAD.DTLKI4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones